The 2017 Shooper Of the Year + Shoop Archive Thread. Post Your Shoops

2017 Shooper of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another unreleased/unfinished BWR creation... Make sure the volume is up

0hRx5ML.jpg

BWR is my hero and favorite.

But not a particularly good moral example.

jJW9vrZ.jpg

Dude I feel I won, simply by being nominated. It's been an honor.

{<jimmies}

Same here! It's weird seeing my name listed with legends. If I knew that would end up happening I would have tried to step up my game even more. For me it's just a fun thing to do on the side while watching some fights or a game on tv and hopefully give the community some laughs at the same time.

Big thanks to the guys that have put a ton of time into the community keeping this stuff alive and helping keep Sherdog the most fun MMA board around. (@Buff @jeicex, @bigwaverider, @Empty Emp, @Myrddin Wild, etc.)

On a list of people who asked to be involved with shoop threads chico... Clearly you ended up on it by mistake. Want me to take you off?
I don't even know what the hell shoop means. I come here to casually discuss prefessional mixed martial arts.

I don't even know what the hell shoop means. I come here to casually discuss prefessional mixed martial arts.
Photoshop - Photoshopped - Shopped - Shooped... It means Photoshopped pictures.

Same here! It's weird seeing my name listed with legends. If I knew that would end up happening I would have tried to step up my game even more. For me it's just a fun thing to do on the side while watching some fights or a game on tv and hopefully give the community some laughs at the same time.

Big thanks to the guys that have put a ton of time into the community keeping this stuff alive and helping keep Sherdog the most fun MMA board around. (@Buff @jeicex, @bigwaverider, @Empty Emp, @Myrddin Wild, etc.)

Hey man, you've been.in every.thread putting the work in since thus time last year... Sometimes you posted the only gifs in threads.

Do me a big favour and dump some of your best stuff in this thread though? Would be great to get a 2017 museum going!

What the fuck is a shoop? Wait... I don't give a fuck, fuck off.

Dude you have been here for almost two years and you don't know what a Shoop is?

AZeOFEG.gif

BWR is my hero and favorite.

But not a particularly good moral example.

jJW9vrZ.jpg

Mahalo Lawrence. :)

You're one of the Alpha Males on the forum.

Hey man, you've been.in every.thread putting the work in since thus time last year... Sometimes you posted the only gifs in threads.

Do me a big favour and dump some of your best stuff in this thread though? Would be great to get a 2017 museum going!

I'm gonna scour my archives and post some stuff every now and then. Adds to the museum and bumps the thread. :)

Nice work putting this together @Buff! You already had my #1 vote, but you get bonus points for this thread. I wish I could give everyone a vote. So many classic shoops last year!

Buff already covered most of my best shoops, but here's a few more I did:
ejgXxaB.jpg

XBmFjN1.gif

tSygrC1.png

Nice work putting this together @Buff! You already had my #1 vote, but you get bonus points for this thread. I wish I could give everyone a vote. So many classic shoops last year!

ejgXxaB.jpg

XBmFjN1.gif

tSygrC1.png

I knew there was a weird smell in here. EMP in da house!!

So this thread has taken about a month to put together, by myself @jeicex, and help from @bigwaverider and @Myrddin Wild... It too that long because it's been another epic year as far as shoops go. Competitions, 20+ page shoop threads, Crying Cormier, Smushed Weidman and Snot McGrooger.

We've seen some great shoopers like @Jehannum and @SherdogGoat and others banned, which it's worth taking the time to lament and pour a little liquor out for... We've seen the rise of PicsArt; new blood repopulataing the barren wasteland that shoop threads had become through their phones, and bringing the lulz.

There have been so many awesome contributers, so it was almost impossible to put the list together, but I've managed to work out roughly who was the most consistent over the whole of the year, so if you're not mentioned, its not because you didn't do awesome work, it just didn't stretch over the year, but I'm totally uo for adding any and more names to the poll if I forgot anybody... Please add your shoops to this thread.

So... The nominations - I've added loads of shoops and links below, so I'm just posting one pic from each shooper, but please consult the enormous body of work below before deciding... All of these guys hit the genius button at some stage over the year. Some had their finger on it the whole time.

Here are the names:

@bigwaverider - The great semi-retired multiple time shoop champion, and 2017 shooper of the year despite saying he's retired has been in every big thread this year providing insight, help with shoops, and some of the best gifs this site has ever seen.

Ob6Igsq.gif

@dije1 - The creator of the best and biggest shoop threads of the year - he made the templates that made this last year of shoops so special.

giphy.gif

@Fossor - If you have ever seen a shooper more able to capture the essence of what everyone is thinking in one single picture then it's @Fossor. Part of the last of the old guard of great shoopers. Rever his name. He's still your boy.

5Ymn3MR.gif

@Doug22 - GIF Master. Thread maker. In these dark and mysterious times of shooping, one name has continually sprinkled quality over every thread, and that's @Doug22 with his outstanding gifs. His like shall never be seen again. Another great shoopers from a forgotten era than still blesses us with his genius.

Django.gif

@Buff - Somehow this year made over 1000 shoops for sherdog on a mobile phone and led the PicsArt revolution.

picsart_12-07-04-31-13-jpg.309379

@Cowboy Cerroliveira - MS Paint Grand Prix Champion. First rate genius. The Cowboy has had a breakout year in 2017, becoming one of the best loved shoopers on sherdog.

Incredulous_Cormier_Assbeating.png

@blackhat - Our animal shoop enthusiast genius. Thread maker, competition entrant, and shooping OG - a household name amongst shoopers.

source.gif

@Anung Un Rama - The Merciless Savage. Giving fighters sleepless nights with his brutal shoops since back in the day... It's been another vintage year for

romance.png

@Empty Emp - The Man. The Myth. The Legend... The Inspiration. 2017 NGS UFC 209 Champion, face merger, and confirmed OG.

yk7a6hS_d.webp

@jeicex - Keeping us animals in order is no small task, and it takes a special soul to hold it down. @jeicex has been the good humoured, resourceful, and diligent leader of all of this. He made the competitions, he held the line. He shooped like Rembrant on an Ipad. he does it all for free.

full-jackass-3d-jpg.290997

@Myrddin Wild - Ever enthusiasic, and runner up in 2 competitions, your boy has been where it counts, shooping hard, and keeping hope in times of darkness. A shoop hero.

2YEKZzI.png

@Chuck - Profoundly brilliant 2x Champion, The Great One. He has the power in one shoop to change the way we look at a fighter. Say his name 3 times and he will shoop Kim Winslow's face into yours for life. Fear him. He is the truth.

voice-finish_zpsr6svj5ww.gif

Honorable mentions: @Lawrence @LouisBolanos @Ottawaguy @justbetter @kennysux @GroundnPound90 @Tee Dee Pee @burandanga @ookii @Son Peyote @Giblert @Valhoven @Augustus Caesar @Zefram Cochrane @tonil @Glove @TigerUpperKut, and countless more, I'm sorry if I forgot sone key people... Amazing work all round!!!

Below are the an example of some of the best shoops from the best threads this year... Please take your time to have a browse and appreciate the countess hours your many, many sherbros have spent for our benefit.

************************************************************************************

The Threads:

Shoop dat Holm - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shoop-dat-o-holm.3684123/

@dije1 - I'm having trouble with these embeds now...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HU5nV2BI1ISz8sg/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o751WLrEELwrDV9gQ/giphy.gif

@Anung Un Rama

holly.png

@Buff

picsart_12-31-07-06-15-jpg.318765

I07OfL1.gif

picsart_12-31-07-56-28-jpg.318805

picsart_12-31-03-07-47-jpg.318889

@bigwaverider

dLcWzwi.gif

ZRX0_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
look at those list of Shoop Killa's could only go with 3 so let it be @Anung Un Rama, gave me a gif/gift solid dude with skillz. @Myrddin Wild IN! with skillz (gonna pm 4help in next 24r need your skillz) @jeicex just a fun dude with insight wit & skillz. @Buff you just as close too bro I just knowthese foolz longer...

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this together @Buff . Great works guys. Awesome stuff. Had to show my boy @jeicex some love.

ejgXxaB.jpg

XBmFjN1.gif

tSygrC1.png

Wow man, that's the highest praise of all - a vote from you means a lot! if this was an all time poll there would only be 4 names with you, @Empty Emp @bigwaverider and @GSPOAB. A legend amongst men you are!

I wish I could vote for everyone too, but it would have been a strange poll!

Last edited:
Back