The 2018 Hurricane Season (PBP): Cat-4 Hurricane Michael leaving a trail of destruction in Florida

Meanwhile, in the Pacific:

Are you okay over there @ShinkanPo ??

I am fine man thanks I kinda over prepared thinking it would cut the power for 3 days but apparently it just interupted my shit posting for a few minutes.

My guava tree got uprooted though.

Last edited:
I don't get the concept of staying. Absolute best case scenario your power is still going out. Why is that preferable to holing up at a hotel for a few days? Living with no power absolutely sucks.

It's the fear of losing your stuff while you're evac'd and guilt for not being there to prevent it from happening (whether you could or not)

I've seen people who stuck around able to protect their homes as they repaired damage before it got worse.

But then again I've pulled fools from their top floor...

Are you in mindanao pare?

Manila had intermitent black outs for a bit. Interupted my shitposting.

Take care guys
0005107732_10.jpg

giphy.webp

It's the fear of losing your stuff while you're evac'd and guilt for not being there to prevent it from happening (whether you could or not)

I've seen people who stuck around able to protect their homes as they repaired damage before it got worse.

But then again I've pulled fools from their top floor...

The average person ain't gonna be able to do shit to protect their house from a hurricane. Maybe another natural disaster. But they literally can't go outside during that kind of storm, what on earth do they plan on doing?

They had a week, that's more than enough time to protect your valuables and GTFO.

Consider that most houses in the Philippines villages could be more accurately described as "wooden sheds" by our standard, it's safe to say that Super Typhoon Mankhut is indeed fucking all of that.

Coastal North Carolina will looks like a giant swimming pool in the coming days with most flooded buildings still largely intact, whereas the northern region of the Philippines island will looks as if they got carpet-bombed once this is over.

Yeah, it's going to look apocalyptic. They survive and endure, though. The water in my neighborhood is receding and the bands are slowly moving away. It was a pretty comfortable night with the wind blowing. Still a lot of areas that are going to be under water water for a while.

The one in the Philippines is ridiculous. Imagine being in the middle of that? That some scary shit.

The one in the Philippines is ridiculous. Imagine being in the middle of that? That some scary shit.

They're used to it though. Haiyan was far worse.

There's only enough beer to lasts you for 5 more days?!?!
Found a store. Grabbed all the four lokos I could handle, because thats all there was.

Verizon is giving unlimited data until the 24th.

I hope all my NC brethren are doing good and being safe.

A tree fell through a house two doors down.

I pray they will finish clearing the roads before your limited supplies runs out, bro! :cool:

The streets we a r e at are clear.[/QUOTE]

If I die, my last request is that @HomerThompson stops reporting people.

@PCP my phone isn't working. Tag palis, Irish, heretic, jvs, salty Fawlty, etc. Maybe my death will not be in vein.

Last edited:
Man, looking at photos from the Philippines after getting hit by Super Typhoon Mangkhut is making me a sad panda. They've collected 28 corpses already, most victims were buried alive by landslides.

I supposed they're still fortunate that it only wrecked the northern tip of the island and not the bigger cities in the south, or else the death tolls would be astounding.

180915081239-05-typhoon-mangkhut-0915-exlarge-169.jpg

180915011451-bpt102-typhoon-mangkut-09152018-exlarge-169.jpg

180915013816-bpt105-typhoon-mangkut-0152018-exlarge-169.jpg

180915103027-10-typhoon-mangkhut-0915-exlarge-169.jpg

180916011204-29-typhoon-mangkhut-0916-exlarge-169.jpg

180916000711-27-typhoon-mangkhut-0916-exlarge-169.jpg
180916012250-30-typhoon-mangkhut-0916-exlarge-169.jpg

Typhoon recovery plan:
1. Account for all missing roosters
2. Repair basketball goal
3. Basketball
4. Beer
5. Hump gf while wife repairs house
6. Wait for next typhoon

Glad it wasn't worse . We took a full frontal blast from Haiyan in 2013 and it wrecked our whole island (Leyte). Seems like filipinos learned a bit since then and actually prepare for these storms now instead of just praying it misses them.

Super Typhoon Mangkhut hits Hong Kong:

Last edited:
Back