The 5 best bruce lee moves to use in mma

Say what you want. But i gonna test that feint to hook thing tomorrow .

<mma4>

Lmao at that sparring partner- he flinches at every feint and sticks his chin straight out. Most any technique would land against an opponent that green. Still, there are some interesting ideas here and the YouTube channel definitely has some good content. Thanks for sharing.

Boooo, no low line sidekick to the knee. The one move that's actually been proven to work in MMA and it's not in the video.

The flick punch to shuffle side kick is what my old instructor use to do in both mma and kickboxing. And the stepping snap roundhouse kick is what I do sometimes in sparring and when I was having a playful spar with a co-worker yesterday I hit him with that too. But it was more of my variation of it a kind of muay thai way of doing it.

Works well on his “special “ sparing partner.

Those sparring partners were not legit at all, they just react to everything lol. But none the less I can say 3 of those tactics work 100%. But that back hand to the face still needs to be worked a lot of people tell me (keep in mind their not fighter or anything they just train combat tai chi and wushu) they say that if you train those styles for years you can hurt someone with a back hand (still I have not seen it, but a old instructor of mine who knew jeet kune do he taught us some combination punches with a back hand at the end, never tried it though)

Those sparring partners were not legit at all, they just react to everything lol. But none the less I can say 3 of those tactics work 100%. But that back hand to the face still needs to be worked a lot of people tell me (keep in mind their not fighter or anything they just train combat tai chi and wushu) they say that if you train those styles for years you can hurt someone with a back hand (still I have not seen it, but a old instructor of mine who knew jeet kune do he taught us some combination punches with a back hand at the end, never tried it though)

Hahaha, there’s some stuff there that works for sure. I just had to laugh at the sparing. One guy is possibly mentally disabled. Lol

i am not a fan of that guys channel. I began to watch the video but less than halfway through stopped once he started demonstrating his techniques on guys that are beginners, and obviously much lesser skilled than him.

"here it is in my sparring" translation "here I am picking on people"

The majority of his videos are just click bait, how to do a move like: saenchai, bruce lee, tj dillashaw, lomachenko, etc

I find it pretty lame. I could create a video "how to kick like buakaw" but I dont know how to kick like buakaw because im not him. "how to do buakaw tactics" again i dont know cause im not him. its kinda poser stuff IMO. I am not saying this guy is a poser or his skill level is poor or anything like that, his skill level is good and he fights so you cannot take that away from him. I just dont agree with they way he sells/markets his videos and I dont really watch much of his videos, I have watched a few here and there and saw some good stuff but for the most part, I dont watch his channel.

Last edited:
But seriously, at the 32 sec mark is an impressive series that seem like it would work

Pretty good channel, clearly understands tactics fighters used and this was a good video on him - I don't get what the dislike is about.

so ill kick off the huge bruce lee debate. Interested in your guys opinions. Bruce Lee was a martial artist, philosopher, actor and movie star. Does he have real world fight experience, yes, can he fight yes, did he compete in martial arts competitions yes. Is he some invincible little ninja that can beat up anyone, no! He was well known for basically coming up with the "MMA concept" and not just sticking to the confines of one martial art, but he was not invincible. I see many people asking, could bruce lee take on "__________" and its always something ridiculous like, Tyson, Mayweather, Mcgregor, Ali. Sorry but someone like Tyson would rip a 120 lbs bruce lee in half, there is no chance, its like a well trained chihuahua vs a pitbull. Bruce Lee is alot more like a Jackie Chan than anything else.

so ill kick off the huge bruce lee debate. Interested in your guys opinions. Bruce Lee was a martial artist, philosopher, actor and movie star. Does he have real world fight experience, yes, can he fight yes, did he compete in martial arts competitions yes. Is he some invincible little ninja that can beat up anyone, no! He was well known for basically coming up with the "MMA concept" and not just sticking to the confines of one martial art, but he was not invincible. I see many people asking, could bruce lee take on "__________" and its always something ridiculous like, Tyson, Mayweather, Mcgregor, Ali. Sorry but someone like Tyson would rip a 120 lbs bruce lee in half, there is no chance, its like a well trained chihuahua vs a pitbull. Bruce Lee is alot more like a Jackie Chan than anything else.
I think if he was around now in his prime he would be a beast because of all the available high level training these days. But from what I've read is that at the time he was killed he only was just beginning to incorporate grappling into his arsenal. As he was he wouldn't stack up against most mma fighters in modern times, but if it wasn't for him the west might still be much farther behind.

I think if he was around now in his prime he would be a beast because of all the available high level training these days. But from what I've read is that at the time he was killed he only was just beginning to incorporate grappling into his arsenal. As he was he wouldn't stack up against most mma fighters in modern times, but if it wasn't for him the west might still be much farther behind.

people tend to get upset when i say this kinda stuff about bruce lee, im not knocking the guy at all, what I think he is best known for, and his biggest contribution, would be his philosophies and concepts. I have read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do, but some people get upset when I talk realistically about him.

Back