The Adderall Thread

I wish i could enjoy weed tbh. Makes me feel insecure. Its weird im confident when sober

yeah, i hear ya. i usually smoke when i'm in bed before i plan on falling asleep. if you smoke a very small amount, it's enough to keep you focused with a bit of relaxation. if you ever do smoke again, get one of those small one-hitter pipes. it's just the right amount to attain that feeling.

Let me start by saying that I was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD in the second grade. That was a long time ago.

I took medication on and off. It did nothing for my performance in school. You can't make a kid want to learn things he doesn't want to learn.

I stopped medication in my adult life because I felt that it was an unfair advantage over non-medicated people. I knew that I was different, that I had problems with thinking and restlessness that others didn't, but the stoic in me didn't want to feel like a cheater.

Ironically, in my adult life, I feel that my ADD/ADHD symptoms have increased.

I recently took some adderall from a friend and it was a great experience. Essentially, the benefit was that it calmed me down. Instead of feeling like I had to move around or go to a new coffee shop or drive to the other side of the city, I was okay working where I was.

I'm considering getting a low dosage prescription.

Thoughts ?

Secondly, has anyone found natural remedies that produce that calming sensation? In a way, my ADD is a lot like anxiety tied to hyper active thoughts.

First things first. Adderall is a form of Meth. Treat it with kid's gloves.

From my limited experience with people close to me who take it, things can go two ways.

When taking properly, using recommended low doses (or even less), it seems that it can really help some people. I have a friend who takes it and it seems to do wonders. He won't take it on the weekends because he absolutely doesn't want to become reliant on it. But he says it definitely really helps him stay focused at work.

However, I have a cousin where it's taken control of her life. She's treating like a recreational drug. She always runs out because she's taking too much, so she begs from her friends. She'll mix with alcohol to get really fucked up. If she goes without, for like a day or so, it fucks her up. She's practically bedridden and feels like shit.

She's wasting away because she has no appetite. Basically, she looks like a Meth addict. Because she is one. She won't listen to us about it. She claims she needs because work is so busy and stressful. Yet she was able to do her job before.

She actually had a seizure recently on a late Saturday night and had to be taken to the ER. She neglected to tell them that she had taken 4 pills and was drinking most of the day. So they couldn't figure out what exactly caused it, except for being malnourished and dehydrated.

Hoping it scares some sense into her, but I'm not holding my breath.

All my friends that were prescribed this stuff as kids ended up abusing their medications and turning into stoners/ druggies in high school. On the one hand, sure, maybe it helps with childhood ADD. On the other hand, is it smart to get kids used to mind altering substances?

That's what I was prescribed in elementary. I don't really remember it helping at all. I would just get really anti social and want to sit and think about interior thoughts.

Also just being around food made me feel bad.

Whatever type of adderal I took recently didn't affect my appetite very much. I slammed two burgers on it just fine and wanted more.
Hmmm interesting, adderall's always had the reverse effect on me.

I'm naturally an extremely introverted and neurotic person. Basically always inside my own head with my thoughts just running wild. And when it came to social interactions I'd constantly overanalyze what should I say, how should I say it, what will the person respond with, where should I look, how should I position myself, etc.

I did that to such a degree that I developed a kind of script for social interactions I didn't enjoy, which was just about all of them lol. Where my tone, voice, mannerism, etc were all different from how they'd normally be. And I wasn't really responding with that I was thinking but was just kinda running the interaction through the script I'd created and tweaking it to fit.

Problem with that was/is (I still do it to some extent) that although it generally led people to think of me as a friendly and easy to talk to person, none of those interactions really had any depth or significance and what I was actually thinking was very really being conveyed.

Adderall really allows me to simply react to situations and act naturally, instead of paralyzing myself with overanalysis and forcing me to revert back to the scripted way of speaking.

high does of GABA (like 5-10 gms) can have a calming effect, much like Kava Kava root.

also a nice sativa/indica blend can work.

recently at the cannabis club, I purchased some tiny mints by Petra with a micro-dose of 2.5 mg of THC.
enough to calm but not so much that you're whacked.

First things first. Adderall is a form of Meth. Treat it with kid's gloves.

From my limited experience with people close to me who take it, things can go two ways.

When taking properly, using recommended low doses (or even less), it seems that it can really help some people. I have a friend who takes it and it seems to do wonders. He won't take it on the weekends because he absolutely doesn't want to become reliant on it. But he says it definitely really helps him stay focused at work.

However, I have a cousin where it's taken control of her life. She's treating like a recreational drug. She always runs out because she's taking too much, so she begs from her friends. She'll mix with alcohol to get really fucked up. If she goes without, for like a day or so, it fucks her up. She's practically bedridden and feels like shit.

She's wasting away because she has no appetite. Basically, she looks like a Meth addict. Because she is one. She won't listen to us about it. She claims she needs because work is so busy and stressful. Yet she was able to do her job before.

She actually had a seizure recently on a late Saturday night and had to be taken to the ER. She neglected to tell them that she had taken 4 pills and was drinking most of the day. So they couldn't figure out what exactly caused it, except for being malnourished and dehydrated.

Hoping it scares some sense into her, but I'm not holding my breath.

i had one roommate who had an adderall medication. but the guy didn't abuse it. it's just that when he did take a pill, he would be all over the fucking wall. the guy wouldn't keep still. he would give me a pill here and there, but i would take like a quarter of a pill, and that would be more than enough to feel good on it. i can see how people get hooked on it. it's just like snorting coke. you feel amazing while on it, and have a terrible crash afterwards.

most things are okay in very small amounts. they key is in being satisfied with those small amounts and having the discipline to not reach for more.

Back