The Alienist: New period drama on TNT with Luke Evans, Dakota Fanning and Daniel Bruhl

G

Guestx

Yesterday I mentioned in another thread that the world needs more Dakota Fanning and that got me curious about what she's been up to. So I looked her up and found out about this new series that's on the way.

It looks pretty interesting. There's no premiere date set yet from what I can tell but it's supposed to hit sometime this year.

I read the book. There is kind of plot hole in it. I wont ruin it but the main character makes a bad mistake that he shouldnt of if he were a good detective

I read the book. There is kind of plot whole in it. I wont ruin it but the main character makes a bad mistake that he shouldnt of if he were a good detective

Thanks for not giving specifics.

I wonder how close to the book the show will stay. They could very well change that detail.

TNT stepping up their game.. might give it a watch.

TNT stepping up their game.. might give it a watch.

Yeah, it looks like this is TNT throwing their hat into the arena and saying, "HBO, FX, AMC. . . Y'all think y'all are the only ones who can do great TV?"

Yesterday I mentioned in another thread that the world needs more Dakota Fanning and that got me curious about what she's been up to. So I looked her up and found out about this new series that's on the way.

It looks pretty interesting. There's no premiere date set yet from what I can tell but it's supposed to hit sometime this year.

Oh man, I would bang the shit out of Dakota. I would even get into her piece whilst a period is going on, naw mean???
If you can walk through mud you can fuck through blood.

I read the book and its sequel almost 20 years ago. I remember liking them. What an odd choice, though.

Oh man, I would bang the shit out of Dakota. I would even get into her piece whilst a period is going on, naw mean???
If you can walk through mud you can fuck through blood.

That's easily the most uncouth thing I've read all day.

I just checked it's wiki:

Joining them in the probe is Sara Howard(Dakota's character), a headstrong secretary at Police Headquarters.

Wow. Another strong female character. In 1896 no less. I bet the male characters are bumbling idiots.

Im sure you gotta go through Ender lol

lol, I am going to battle him for Dakota then Cint for Chloe
lSTcPIq.gif

This is being produced by Cary Fukunaga, of True Detective fame.

It was a great book.

Just a heads up for anyone who is interested, this kicks off tonight.

I read both the Caleb Carr books several years ago and I always thought it would make a good movie..well TNT did one better and made a mini-series out of it. I love historical fiction so I hope this wont disappoint. One episode down and I'm all in for this.

Anyone else watching it?

Back