The Alienist: New period drama on TNT with Luke Evans, Dakota Fanning and Daniel Bruhl

I missed the beginning the first time around and missed the part with Stevie who played a big roll in The Prince of Darkness. I just caught it and i'm glad he didn't get cut from the show.

It was ok. I thought it became too much like 'CSI' or 'Bones' with those lab geeks checking the bones.

Thats kind of how the books were, very early stages of forensics

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

I DVRd it last night. Still need to check it out.

Seems there are mixed opinions about this one.

Honestly maybe the best fiction I've ever read

So I assume this is like the GOT threads and there's no book spoilers here, eh?

Well the Alienist and the Angel of Darkness are great but its the same characters in each book more or less.

I loved the fact that he includes Roosevelt as commissioner

Thanks for not giving specifics.

I wonder how close to the book the show will stay. They could very well change that detail.
Some of the imagery and situations from the book may be troublesome for a basic cable station to properly deal with.

Generic procedural drama with too much exposition. It's like the writer thinks the audience is stupid.

Wtf is an alienist? I’m sure that whatever it is, there are at least 5 other more suitable words it could be called. Why is everything “The ___ist” now? The shootist, The burglarist, The dickist. It’s getting out of hand and moves way past annoying years ago.

Im sticking with it eventhough its not that great.

I like the setting and the fact that its a period piece. Im a fan of Bruhl and Luke Evans. But the actual story is boring. I dont really care who the killer is tbh.

Back