The All-Purpose Motorsports Thread

At first i thought sergey was on a hot lap. He was on an outlap and lewis was leaving a gap to start a hot lap. Sergey was trying to ramp up his speed to be full bore at the start of his lap.

I thought he was on a hot lap too.. In any case, it's pretty sloppy of Lewis

He was on a fresh set of tyres and obviously was making a move. Came up beside max Trying to unlap himself.

Yeah, I think he picked a very bad spot on that track to make a move though.

Care should've been taken though against the race leader. It sucks because we always want to see people race. He very much was the guy with nothing to lose against the guy with everything to lose.

Yeah, I think he picked a very bad spot on that track to make a move though.

Care should've been taken though against the race leader. It sucks because we always want to see people race. He very much was the guy with nothing to lose against the guy with everything to lose.
Yeah. Think if that was max as a back marker unlapping himself on fresh rubber. He would have done the same move i feel. Lewis could have challenged him the last few races, but didnt, as he saw the bigger picture. Max should learn from this.

Hamilton isn't usually sloppy like that so that was a bit weird. Mind you he was probably thinking "What's that?.... Is that a..... Williams?"

Vettel had a point. I don't know if there's any discretion in the process, but with changing conditions, to call him in at that time when conditions were looking like they might take a turn for the worse was quite unfair. But if the rules state that that's when it has to be done, that's the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid

It doesn't take more than a few seconds. They don't call cars in off the track, they divert them as they enter the pit.

It doesn't take more than a few seconds. They don't call cars in off the track, they divert them as they enter the pit.

Yeah, it doesn't take a few seconds but in a sport where they're measuring to 0.0001 of a second.... Again if conditions were changing and he needed to get out there to get the best of the conditions available, if there was a bit of discretion that could be applied, now would be the time to do it.

Just cuts the complaints down a bit

Yeah. Think if that was max as a back marker unlapping himself on fresh rubber. He would have done the same move i feel. Lewis could have challenged him the last few races, but didnt, as he saw the bigger picture. Max should learn from this.

TBH, it's a lot easier for Lewis given the position he was in. IE, well ahead.

Max woudl've most definitely tied the same thing if he was in Ocon's position. No issues with Ocon trying to unlap. Just that he hit the race leader and IMO did it at a terrible part of the track.

one more race and it's a wrap, fellows.
sad to see Alonzo go out like this.
hopefully, he transitions to sportscar, endurance racing or something
else so we can still enjoy his skill and racing spirit.
fernando-alonso_100501666_l.jpg

at least we know he's returning to Indy in 2019

Yeah, it doesn't take a few seconds but in a sport where they're measuring to 0.0001 of a second.... Again if conditions were changing and he needed to get out there to get the best of the conditions available, if there was a bit of discretion that could be applied, now would be the time to do it.

Just cuts the complaints down a bit

F1 has to check cars to see if someone is running light to try to gain an advantage. They must have a procedure for randomly selecting cars. Vettel caused more delay by his actions than the weighing would take.

I hope Sirotkin gets a seat next season. Listening to his interviews he's one of the most likeable and down to earth drivers on the grid.

F1 has to check cars to see if someone is running light to try to gain an advantage. They must have a procedure for randomly selecting cars. Vettel caused more delay by his actions than the weighing would take.

Yeah in the end it did which made it even more lol'worthy

one more race and it's a wrap, fellows.
sad to see Alonzo go out like this.
hopefully, he transitions to sportscar, endurance racing or something
else so we can still enjoy his skill and racing spirit.
fernando-alonso_100501666_l.jpg

at least we know he's returning to Indy in 2019

Makes me want to go out and buy a Kimoa hat!

I hope Sirotkin gets a seat next season. Listening to his interviews he's one of the most likeable and down to earth drivers on the grid.

Could say the same about Hartley. But I'm very biased in that view.

One that hasn't really been discussed... Gasly ignoring team orders and holding up Hartley for 9 laps.

Gave the "let us race, bro" as a excuse. People's take? I'm all for letting teammates race, but if there's anything Force India last year and Red Bull @ Baku taught us this year, is that teammates in multimillion dollar vehicles should not be allowed to race if all that's on the line is ego

Could say the same about Hartley. But I'm very biased in that view.

One that hasn't really been discussed... Gasly ignoring team orders and holding up Hartley for 9 laps.

Gave the "let us race, bro" as a excuse. People's take? I'm all for letting teammates race, but if there's anything Force India last year and Red Bull @ Baku taught us this year, is that teammates in multimillion dollar vehicles should not be allowed to race if all that's on the line is ego

I hope he pulls the same thing with Verstappen next season, that'll create some nice tension in the garage lol.
I also like Hartley he always seems genuine, had a lot of bad luck this season I guess. Only 2 drivers I don't like are Lewis and Stroll.

I hope he pulls the same thing with Verstappen next season, that'll create some nice tension in the garage lol.
I also like Hartley he always seems genuine, had a lot of bad luck this season I guess. Only 2 drivers I don't like are Lewis and Stroll.

Same, unfortunately it looks like Hartley will be out of a job next year. He hasn't really been completed outraced by Gasly all year IMO. I think for most results, they've been close except Gasly had that 4th or 5th at Bahrain I think it was. Gasly I think though, is faster. He just races balls to the wall that bit more than Hartley.

Hartley has also been taken out a few times this year.

I don't like Lewis, but gotta accept that the guy can flat out race and a lot of the time, just wants to race. It's the off the track stuff that gets to me.

Yep, saw that scary as heck!

Looking at that part of the track, it's the biggest reason I hate street circuits, it's simply not conducive for actual racing. That thing was so narrow it was about one and a half car width track.

China in my memory has had funny street races. I remember the old A1 league they ran about a decade ago... There was one track there the hair pin was so tight none of the cars could crawl around it then there was another one where they had to re-weld down the sewer covers after the first day because they were popping up when the cars drove over them

I'm picking Kyle Busch to win.

Last race with Lowes and the #48.

Back