The All-Purpose Rugby Thread (League and Union): Champions Cup Semi-Finals on Today

this may help a lot of Canadian players who need to develop...

The Canadians will be getting a team in the next season I read, not sure why tbh since from what I can gather rugby is more well established there.

England have just beaten New Zealand, first time they've won a test series since 2007 I think it is. Fair fucks, though I was cheering for Kiwis.

A lot of the European Cup games have been postponed because of events in Paris though, our game was postponed too. It's the right thing to do though, what a tragedy...

The Canadians will be getting a team in the next season I read, not sure why tbh since from what I can gather rugby is more well established there.

the problem is second tier countries/teams have a lot of players who don't play enough against good competition...if rugby wants to develop, this has to occur...the other problem with Canada is the two main provinces that develop players (B.C. & Ontario play at different times of the year)...

Yeah Lance Franklin is class...not sure how translatable Aussie rules is to rugby though tbh. Izzy Folau didn't do much, and this guy, as you say, played league as a kid.

You looking forward to the International Rules series? It's gone a bit cold of late but seems to be a little bit of excitement for it again.

Irish squad was announced yesterday and it's fucking class...Aussie squad is strong as well. Was hoping that a few of the Irish AFL guys would play, particularly wanted to see Pearce Hanley like last year, but ah well.

I sort of check it out but not much of a fan but always found it watching GB v Australia in Rugby League and GAA v the Aussie Rules guys they were like the same types of people playing different games.........if you know what I mean.

No yanks have any thoughts about the fact that yous will soon have a professional rugby competition? Interest? Bemusement?

A little pissed off that Northern California is getting two teams and Southern California is getting 0.

ImpressionableReliableAngwantibo.gif

Beautiful try

Any of you fellas watch the final test between England and New Zealand (League obviously) on saturday? It was a very good so it was, England just about held on in the end to win it unfortunately haha. Lots of good tries, I'd say this one from NZ at the very end was my favourite though:

BruisedImprobableGallowaycow.gif

Just saw a clip of Dana White wearing a Rep Irish Soccer top...stupid prick at least go for GAA or Ireland Rugby.

[YT]pMJAkUgDDi8[/YT]

Highlights finally appear from the Babas game.

This was my favourite try last NRL season though:

giphy.gif

Back