The All-Purpose Rugby Thread (League and Union): Champions Cup Semi-Finals on Today

Haven't posted in this thread much.

Some quality tries from this weekends Super Rugby.

Misplaced kick accidently results in a fantastic try from the Reds...great offload and step to set it up:

Brilliant solo try from Melani Nenai, carves up the defence from about 55 metres out:

European Cup games are also on this weekend, but I'm not that interested as my team (no Irish teams at all :() aren't in the quarter finals this year. Wasps-Chiefs game was a cracker though, wouldn't have minded either of those teams going far. As long as Saracens lose, I'll be happy though.

In League the team I chose to support, the warriors, are as fucking inconsistent as my union one...won a good game last week, but lost last night.

Anyone watch either union or league?

Last edited:
Clip from the Wasps-Chiefs match, quarter finals of the European Cup...Wasps down by six in the last 15 seconds:

Better quality clip...what an amazing ending:

Haven't posted in this thread much.

Some quality tries from this weekends Super Rugby.

Misplaced kick accidently results in a fantastic try from the Reds...great offload and step to set it up:

Brilliant solo try from Melani Nenai, carves up the defence from about 55 metres out:

European Cup games are also on this weekend, but I'm not that interested as my team (no Irish teams at all :() aren't in the quarter finals this year. Wasps-Chiefs game was a cracker though, wouldn't have minded either of those teams going far. As long as Saracens lose, I'll be happy though.

In League the team I chose to support, the warriors, are as fucking inconsistent as my union one...won a good game last week, but lost last night.

Anyone watch either union or league?

Not that bothered this year about the Eureopean championship as all the teams bore me.
Leicester I can not stand and Paris Racing from the looks of it are only there because of some sugar daddy and play boring Rugby alomgside there ground is ugly and is always half full.
Sarchens not do nothing for me and Wasps play in the Midlands and not London....Mickey Mouse this year.

Yesterday was Ulster vs Leinster, a big inter-provincial game anyway but also a game that was essential to our season, it was our last home game and one which we (Ulster) needed to win to have a chance at qualifying for the play-offs. In the end it was an outstanding result for us, a dominant home win for the most part with a number of great performances. Ruan Pienaar played like his old self and Paddy Jackson had a cracking game, he's really starting to mature as a player, should definitely be getting more caps for Ireland. Literally the only thing extra that Madigan brings is that he can cover more positions. I suppose Paddy is actually around the same age that Sexton was when he first broke into the Ireland team.

It was a good game generally though, both sides trying to play good running rugby.

Made a few short clips.

Great length of the field intercept try from Paddy:

Paddy leveling Madigan:

Ringrose getting absolutely smashed by Andrew Trimble:

Anyone been watching the new PRO rugby competition in the US of A, I've seen a little bit and it seems a decent start. Good foundations for future growth unlike the last attempt, which was never gonna work. What do you think of it @DangDaGawd ?

Another clip, few minutes long. Great passage of play from Ulster off the restart which eventually leads to a try, good expansive passing and well-placed kicks which keep the pressure on Leinster.

Australia Kangaroos v New Zealand Kiwis
NZ Haka:

Highlights:

Toa Samoa v Mate Ma'a Tonga
Staredown:

Siva tau vs sipi tau

Highlights:

Papua New Guinea Kumuls v Fiji Bati
Fiji pre-game hymn:

Highlights:

Lebanon vs Cook Islands was also on, though it's a much smaller game obviously

Good to see them growing international league, I love watching the pacific islands play and there should be more of it.

Good analysis of the attacking moves from the Irish provinces. Good if anyone wanted to learn a little bit more about rugby...

Back