THE BATMAN v.2 (Robert Pattinson and Nicholas Hoult Screen Testing in Costume)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: November 18, 2017

Rumor: THE BATMAN Set After JUSTICE LEAGUE, Won't Be a Reboot or Prequel

dVhC4yI.jpg

Many rumors and unending speculation have been cropping up about Matt Reeves' planned Batman movie, and the latest tidbit might have pinned down when the movie takes place.

The new rumor from former Latino Review reporter Mario Francisco-Robles states that The Batman will not be a prequel or a reboot, and will be set after the events of Justice League.

There have been a lot of questions regarding the specifics of Reeves' film, especially with rumors of Ben Affleck departing the role and Jake Gyllenhaal replacing him under the cowl.

Francisco-Robles cites an unnamed source, who he's been speaking with in pursuit of this story for some time. After the rumors hit over the week, he followed up and received some new information.

"The Batman will not be a prequel or reboot. It's the [Justice League] Batman… [Jake Gyllenhaal] will be almost 40 when The Batman is out. He still has operated for 20 years, but his age will be less of the focus."

It's encouraging to hear that Warner Bros. isn't looking to wipe the slate clean in the wake of Affleck's potential departure. Though he's gone back and forth about whether or not he'll be participating in Batman's solo movie, the writing is on the wall that he's done in the DC cinematic universe.

"[The Gyllenhaal] news will probably be confirmed, because now Affleck is most likely not coming back. The last few weeks have been clear he wants out. It's a bummer. So I think that is why the [Gyllengaal] stuff is leaking harder."

As far as what the film's plot will be, we know that the director is wanting to showcase the detective aspects of the character. The source backs that up, saying "Reeves is going to do some stuff influenced in crime film and deep Batman mythos."

Of course, Warner Bros. releases information on the new film, all of this is up in there air. And of course, they don't want to overshadow Justice League with news of Affleck's departure, so expect to be waiting a little bit until more news about The Batman becomes public.

Rumor: Matt Reeves' 'The Batman' Set After 'Justice League,' Won't Be Reboot or Prequel

giphy.gif

"[The Gyllenhaal] news will probably be confirmed, because now Affleck is most likely not coming back. The last few weeks have been clear he wants out. It's a bummer. So I think that is why the [Gyllengaal] stuff is leaking harder."

Anyone know the specifics of this?

Also, I like Jake, but he seems to not at all be right for this.

Just like the director wants Jake

Not sure why anyone thinks Jake wants to be apart of this dumpster fire

He is a respectable actor that doesn't need super hero movies

Just like the director wants Jake

Not sure why anyone thinks Jake wants to be apart of this dumpster fire

He is a respectable actor that doesn't need super hero movies

Do you know what the article is referring to about the last few weeks making it clear that Affleck wants out?

Do you know what the article is referring to about the last few weeks making it clear that Affleck wants out?

Recent interviews Ben had said he is looking for a cool way to exit the franchise

"The new Batman movie being developed by Matt Reeves (War for the Planet of the Apes) is “something I’m contemplating,” says Affleck, who originally was tapped to direct. “You don’t do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it.”

So people pretty much ran with that and said that Ben wants out. With the bomb that Justice League is people are just assuming that if he wants out he is going to use that to leave

Them replacing Ben and pretending its the same person is definitely not a cool way imo

Its probably the most uncool thing you could do

If you are going to replace the character you kill them off just like comics have done for many many years.

Recent interviews Ben had said he is looking for a cool way to exit the franchise

"The new Batman movie being developed by Matt Reeves (War for the Planet of the Apes) is “something I’m contemplating,” says Affleck, who originally was tapped to direct. “You don’t do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it.”

What Ruthless said. But before that, there were already rumors as far as early this year that he wanted out. It all started when his last directorial film Live By Night bombed. He was attached to write and direct The Batman. Ben decided to step down as director on January 2017. I believe that it's just a cover story to save face as I suspect WB didn't have faith in Ben anymore to direct The Batman and asked him to step down. Matt Reeves was announced as the new director and he scrapped Ben's script, rewriting the whole movie from scratch. I think Ben doesn't find it fun anymore and his creativity stifled. Plus the pressure of being Batman (doing the press, promotion, the constant media and fan scrutiny) is getting to him and so he wants out.

So you add in the poor reception for BvS and Justice League, all of these equals to Sad Affleck.

real+run-8.gif

Time to give Batman, Superman and the whole squad a little rest for now. They can cameo in a Wonder Woman movie if anything. Give people a few years to get the sour taste out of their mouths before they spoil the series for a generation.

What Ruthless said. But before that, there were already rumors as far as early this year that he wanted out. It all started when his last directorial film Live By Night bombed. He was attached to write and direct The Batman. Ben decided to step down as director on January 2017. I believe that it's just a cover story to save face as I suspect WB didn't have faith in Ben anymore to direct The Batman and asked him to step down. Matt Reeves was announced as the new director and he scrapped Ben's script, rewriting the whole movie from scratch. I think Ben doesn't find it fun anymore and his creativity stifled. Plus the pressure of being Batman (doing the press, promotion, the constant media and fan scrutiny) is getting to him and so he wants out.

If he does leave I think its going to look worse for WB than it does for him. He was one of the best things about these movies

I imagine most fans dont want him to leave and are going to be bummed if he does

Time to give Batman, Superman and the whole squad a little rest for now. They can cameo in a Wonder Woman movie if anything. Give people a few years to get the sour taste out of their mouths before they spoil the series for a generation.
Yea, especially with the Chris Nolan trilogy being such a masterpiece. These morons will ruin it for everyone.

Them replacing Ben and pretending its the same person is definitely not a cool way imo

If you are going to replace the character you kill them off just like comics have done for many many years.
I don't believe in this kind of thinking (killing the characters when the actors leave). For me these iconic characters (superheroes, James Bond, Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes, Tarzan) are bigger than the actors and I prefer they just replace the actors rather than killing the characters in an existing franchise.

rawImage.jpg

Jake has been killing it the last 4-5 years. Big fan of his, so I'd be on board if he were to replace Ben.

Shame though, because I at least wanted to see Affleck with a good script, not this Zack Snyder bullshit. But it's clear as day he is done with playing Batman.

Here's to hoping Matt Reeves can pull a Nolan and do his own thing for a few films, without studio interference, while staying true to the character.

Still think DDL would make a good (older) Bruce Wayne for a TDK - style, more story driven, dramatic dark knight. He’s got the jaw and the acting chops.

bedc6223087bbb1eab5d8a27bcc2fd22--day-lewis-tv-actors.jpg
I would watch a Alfred spinoff if DDL played the iconic butler.

So people pretty much ran with that and said that Ben wants out. With the bomb that Justice League is people are just assuming that if he wants out he is going to use that to leave.

Hmm, indeed.

Well it sucks because I think Affleck actually is really good in the role. And I think he came to the franchise with a lot of enthusiasm, but it just hasn't worked out the way that he thought it would/wanted it to.

That's a shame.

What do you mean "pretending it is the same person?" Do you think they need to reboot the Batman brand every time someone new steps into the suit?

Think about how three different people played Batman from Batman '89 through Batman & Robin.

You never know how long an actor will last as the character. They can't just start over every time an actor decides it's time to move on.

So you add in the poor reception for BvS and Justice League, all of these equals to Sad Affleck.

real+run-8.gif

If WB actually decided they didn't want to go with Affleck because of Live By Night, then that's dumb. That's the cinematic equivalent of a fighter only being as good as their last fight.

I haven't seen Live By Night but I heard it wasn't actually a bad film. It's just not a great one.

But regardless, Affleck is a fucking Oscar-winning director. Argo and The Town were both very good, and I know a lot of people like Gone Baby Gone as well.

They need to put some respeck on his name.

Hmm, indeed.

Well it sucks because I think Affleck actually is really good in the role. And I think he came to the franchise with a lot of enthusiasm, but it just hasn't worked out the way that he thought it would/wanted it to.

That's a shame.

What do you mean "pretending it is the same person?" Do you think they need to reboot the Batman brand every time someone new steps into the suit?

Think about how three different people played Batman from Batman '89 through Batman & Robin.

You never know how long an actor will last as the character. They can't just start over every time an actor decides it's time to move on.

If WB actually decided they didn't want to go with Affleck because of Live By Night, then that's dumb. That's the cinematic equivalent of a fighter only being as good as their last fight.

I haven't seen Live By Night but I heard it wasn't actually a bad film. It's just not a great one.

But regardless, Affleck is a fucking Oscar-winning director. Argo and The Town were both very good, and I know a lot of people like Gone Baby Gone as well.

They need to put some respeck on his name.

Just saying that its disappointing that they are content with being that lazy

You could do something with Flash or whatever and make the switch match with the continuity

I understand that you cant expect Ben to play Batman for the rest of his life.

If Marvel was going to replace RDJ I dont think they would just replace the actor

They would kill off Tony Stark and have someone else wear the armor

At least thats what I think they would do

If Marvel was going to replace RDJ I dont think they would just replace the actor

They would kill off Tony Stark and have someone else wear the armor

At least thats what I think they would do

I think these characters are much bigger than any single actor, even an actor who has really owned the role like RDJ.

Remember that The Incredible Hulk is considered part of the MCU, and Mark Ruffalo just stepped into that role when Norton didn't come back.

Affleck has only portrayed Batman twice now and neither of those movies were even solo movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back