THE BATMAN v.2 (Robert Pattinson and Nicholas Hoult Screen Testing in Costume)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it. I wouldn't mind seeing half his face; he seems like he suffer less from dreaded fat face. I hope there would be less emphasis on a snazzy suit, which always means limited mobility for the actor. I think Jake's physicality would be an asset. Stuff like PRISONERS and ZODIAC already seem pretty Batman-y.

No Bubble Boy for Batman. Maybe Jon Hamm would be a better choice and he may not be too old since hes the same age as Affleck

Korg is better than any of those shit characters combined

Korg-Thor-Ragnarok.jpg

Fuck off clippy

I love you

Oh shit it’s happening. I’m okay with it. Gyllenhaal is a much better actor than Affleck. And this could be a reboot possibly. I think things are up in the air though at this point.

I like this suggestion. Eric Bana could definitely play the role. He might be a little too old now is the only problem. He is almost 50.

Jake Gyllenhall would be shitty casting for sure though.

Well, he is supposed to be an older Batman anyway so I like the suggestion too. If Daredevil is going to step down, lets see what the Hulk can do playing Batman.

Update: January 15, 2018

THE BATMAN Rumor: Jake Gyllenhaal Gets Batman Role If Ben Affleck Exits

This latest rumors on The Batman comes courtesy of Revenge of The Fans, and contradicts a recent report that Matt Reeves' film will not be a part of the DC Films Universe. According to EIC Mario-Francisco Robles' studio sources, “Batman is DC proper. Reeves’ Batman is connected. Just its own story.”

Based on this and comments Reeves himself has made previoulsy, it seems The Batman will exist within the same continuity as Justice league and the other DCEU movies, but we shouldn't expect to see the likes of Wonder Woman and Aquaman drop by Wayne Manor for a cuppa.

We also have a (possible) update on Ben Affleck's tenure as the Caped Crusader. Apparently, WB has now "soured" on the actor as Batman and has stopped trying to convince him to stay in the cape n' cowl, but Affleck is still under contract. If, however, he does ultimately decide to walk away, a replacement is waiting in the wings.

“Gyllenhaal is probably Batman. Affleck is not out of it yet. That’s the thing, he still has a contract. But the studio is sour on him. If Ben rolls, Jake is in. Kind of a weird web. These guys both know they control each other’s destiny.”

Rumor: Batman Role Is Jake Gyllenhaal's If Ben Affleck Walks; Film Will Be Part Of The DCEU

I'm so tired of Batmans, or Batmen

Retire the character already

<{clintugh}>

They really are fucking up at DC. Leto Joker, worst Lex Luthor ever and now this...

Was hoping for Hamm, dude is as close to an older Bruce Wayne as it can get.

If they go with Gyllenhall, will he be an aged Nightwing or similar adopting the Batman mantle?

Can't see Jake as Batman, but if Affleck doesn't want to be Batman I'm sure his performance will be poor.

Update: January 15, 2018

THE BATMAN Rumor: Jake Gyllenhaal Gets Batman Role If Ben Affleck Exits

This latest rumors on The Batman comes courtesy of Revenge of The Fans, and contradicts a recent report that Matt Reeves' film will not be a part of the DC Films Universe. According to EIC Mario-Francisco Robles' studio sources, “Batman is DC proper. Reeves’ Batman is connected. Just its own story.”

Based on this and comments Reeves himself has made previoulsy, it seems The Batman will exist within the same continuity as Justice league and the other DCEU movies, but we shouldn't expect to see the likes of Wonder Woman and Aquaman drop by Wayne Manor for a cuppa.

We also have a (possible) update on Ben Affleck's tenure as the Caped Crusader. Apparently, WB has now "soured" on the actor as Batman and has stopped trying to convince him to stay in the cape n' cowl, but Affleck is still under contract. If, however, he does ultimately decide to walk away, a replacement is waiting in the wings.

“Gyllenhaal is probably Batman. Affleck is not out of it yet. That’s the thing, he still has a contract. But the studio is sour on him. If Ben rolls, Jake is in. Kind of a weird web. These guys both know they control each other’s destiny.”

Rumor: Batman Role Is Jake Gyllenhaal's If Ben Affleck Walks; Film Will Be Part Of The DCEU

Shame. Affleck was a very good Batman. He nailed the older, battle-scared Dark Knight with a death wish from Miller's seminal work. BvS also had the best Batman fight scene yet seen on film. The Warehouse shits on every fight scene in the Nolan triology.

However, Gyllenhaal is very good actor, and can bulk up convincingly, so this could be a good thing in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back