The Beatles' "Rubber Soul" - What's Your Current Album Obsession?

DustinBeaver

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I've never really been much of a Beatles fan but I find myself listening to their "Rubber Soul" album quite a bit lately. I'm not sure why I am really into it now after all this time. Any albums hit you guys in a similar way?

If it's old albums you're talking about I've been playing the Grateful Dead's American Beauty

If it's old albums you're talking about I've been playing the Grateful Dead's American Beauty

Was listening to it this afternoon.

Also, I just got around to watching the Bob Weir doco on Netflix. Good stuff.

My favourite Beatle track is on Rubber Soul, You Won't See Me. It's impossible for me NOT to singalong with the backing vocals, 'ooh la la la.' I actually tried not to sing with it once but couldn't do it.

The last few days i've been listening to the best of albums from the Hollies and the Beach Boys. I'm not huge fans of them but i like around 6 or 7 songs from each band. So i've sorted those tracks out and put them on my DAP and i'm also going to burn a cd with them on too.

Was listening to it this afternoon.

Also, I just got around to watching the Bob Weir doco on Netflix. Good stuff.
His relationship with Sammy Hagar is nuts.
"He's as fun as a frog in a glass of milk."

My favourite Beatle track is on Rubber Soul, You Won't See Me. It's impossible for me NOT to singalong with the backing vocals, 'ooh la la la.' I actually tried not to sing with it once but couldn't do it.

The last few days i've been listening to the best of albums from the Hollies and the Beach Boys. I'm not huge fans of them but i like around 6 or 7 songs from each band. So i've sorted those tracks out and put them on my DAP and i'm also going to burn a cd with them on too.
Points for having a relatively minor great song among great songs as a favorite

Alice Cooper Goes To Hell

Entire album is fantastic.

Voodoo-D' Angelo. I still can't stop listening to that whole album.

Lyrics to "Girl" pretty messed up... Wasn't expecting that.

I've never really been much of a Beatles fan but I find myself listening to their "Rubber Soul" album quite a bit lately. I'm not sure why I am really into it now after all this time. Any albums hit you guys in a similar way?

I always hoped "Run For Your Life" was ironic but I'm not so sure.

I’m listening to dogman right now.

Melt-Banana - Fetch

I think I've listened to something by them at least once a day for the past 6 months, with Fetch getting the most plays. They are not for everyone, but I love them.

Been listening to Hundred Year Hall at least once a week all summer. Its my mowing music.

Been listening to Hundred Year Hall at least once a week all summer. Its my mowing music.
Phenomenal album art.
All those official releases have performance gems.

I recommend finding the "Betty boards" from every spring '77 show you can. They all sound fantastic, perfect audience/soundboard blend.

I bought this set when it came out back in 1995 . It's what rekindled my enjoyment of the Dead after about a 10 year hiatus. Been listening ever since. Probably amassed over 200 live soundboards/ Dave/Dick picks etc... this from a guy that would never call himself a Deadhead :)
Actually listened to Rockin' The Rhein on the way to and from work today. .......and been on a Dark Star kick the past week, listening to probably 10 different versions :) (hence my reply in the Bakers Dozen Game :))

I've been listening to Seamonsters by The Wedding Present a lot recently.
Fallen in love with it.

Back