The Beatles' "Rubber Soul" - What's Your Current Album Obsession?

As a Joy Division fan, I never really continued with New Order. I've heard and liked a few songs from them when I would listen to a full album, it felt really inconsistent.

After listening to the Stranger Things soundtrack, I decided to grab New Order "Low-Life" and I think I finally get it now. Excellent album and a good combination of pop, synth and dread.

I've been listening to Siouxsie and the Banshee's Juju a lot. It still surprises how little recognition they get these days when the stuff they were doing was well ahead of what was around at the time and has influenced a lot of bands. It's a shame she never recorded anything with Lou Reed or Bowie.

At the moment, Sleep - The Sciences. Maybe it's too soon to call it their best album, but it's damn good.

Secret Treaties by Blue Oyster. First part of the album is good but not that special, but the last half just kills. Best ending song ever.

I've never really been much of a Beatles fan but I find myself listening to their "Rubber Soul" album quite a bit lately. I'm not sure why I am really into it now after all this time. Any albums hit you guys in a similar way?

The vast majority of people who say they don't really like the Beatles are only familiar with their singles, especially their early stuff.

But their 1965-1970 period is absolute gold. I actually think Rubber Soul is their weakest in this period. Check out Revolver and The Beatles (aka, The White Album) if you haven't already.

The vast majority of people who say they don't really like the Beatles are only familiar with their singles, especially their early stuff.

But their 1965-1970 period is absolute gold. I actually think Rubber Soul is their weakest in this period. Check out Revolver and The Beatles (aka, The White Album) if you haven't already.

Absolutely agree.
I'm thinking that is exactly what is happening with me at the moment.

Back