The best commentating team right now

Bernstein and Tarver was the best team in combat sports. Malignaggi is great too though.

Bernstein and Tarver was the best team in combat sports. Malignaggi is great too though.
I don't like Tarver, he seems like a dick, but he was a great commentator. He was great on the mic. Seems like a pretty smart analyst.

I don't like Tarver, he seems like a dick, but he was a great commentator. He was great on the mic. Seems like a pretty smart analyst.

Malignaggi and Tarver do both seem like dicks, but I prefer their commentary to the "nicer guys" at HBO and the UFC.

The biggest problem with mma commentary is the ego and insecurity. Everybody is more concerned with displaying their knowledge than entertaining the audience. Boxers and boxing personalities are generally just way better showmen.

But ego also ruins HBO commentary for me, as Roy Jones has to disagree with everything.

Showtime's the best crew.

I watched Joe Mesi do commentating a few times and I think that he has good insight, style and a genuine future.

Sean O'Grady with Paulie and Bernstein would by my dream team. Roy was good, Foreman too.

Hopkins is the worst. So is Atlas. Hearing him on that 4am japanese card the other day reminded me how fucking awful he is. He was still crying about how he isn't a commentator anymore. That was pretty fun.

Mauro is a ham, but he keeps things lively. I don't mind him. But he need to stop randomly talking about Rick Flair, that was confusing.

People are referencing his UFC work, but I don't know anything about that. I don't watch enough of that stuff to even know he used to do UFC.

To my knowledge Mauro is more universely known from his years as an MMA announcer and only recently ventured into boxing due to the exposure of his skills in those other combat sports. . . . .by the way, though I could be wrong, I don't think that he has ever worked for the UFC.

To my knowledge Mauro is more universely known from his years as an MMA announcer and only recently ventured into boxing due to the exposure of his skills in those other combat sports. . . . .by the way, though I could be wrong, I don't think that he has ever worked for the UFC.

Oh I think I just assume people meant the UFC when they said MMA.

Mauro is garbage.
Shouldn't even be discussing that boob

I really enjoyed the RingTV broadcast team of Dougie Fischer and Kevin Kelley for the GGG vs Canelo fight. I remember them being about as unbiased as you could be describing such a close fight and focusing more on technical aspects to let the viewer enjoy the fight as opposed to be giving their opinion as to who was winning.

lol Mauro is a can.

HBO Lampley, RJJ and Kellerman are the best

Lampley seems to be getting worst and worst and a bigger shill for HBO.

No mention of a Charlo fight next for Jacobs, talks how it took Wilder 11 rounds to stop Duhaupa while Miller was doing a great job, completely forgets to mention Joseph Parker as the #3 heavyweight at the moment, and throws Leaderman under the bus again on the unofficial score cards.

Max and Roy are great imo for HBO.

Back