• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

• No Prayer for the Dying (1990)

• Fear of the Dark (1992)

• The X Factor (1995)

• Virtual XI (1998)

• Brave New World (2000)

• Dance of Death (2003)

• A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

• The Final Frontier (2010) OR The Book of Souls (2015)

Results are only viewable after voting.
How old were you?
I do believe I was 9-10ish and had to beg an older cousin to take me (she was the one who introduced me to Maiden) and my parents to let me go.

Twisted sister opened for them - only vaguely remember bits and pieces of the concert.

Jeebus.
I was just listening to Powerslave.
That is the GOAT album.

Going with Powerslave only because it has my favourite song by them, Aces High.

and i'll be seeing them(again) at the o2 at the end of the month.

So many great albums and great songs. Damn.

Picked 7th son of a 7th son , cause I love the song "Can I play with Madness".

Picked 7th son of a 7th son , cause I love the song "Can I play with Madness".
Its funny. My favorite album and that is one of my LEAST favorite songs on that album although i still like it.

Infinite Dreams and Hallowed be thy name are my 2 all time favorite songs.

Infinite dreams is mega underrated. Even I underrated it until I tried learning all the parts on every instrument after seeing the live show when i was a kid.

Steve Harris is so badass. Until seeing this performance I had not cared particularly for this song. Then I was into the bass that I had to learn it.

Now its up there with my favorites

I voted Seventh Son and i'm right (infinite dreams, seventh son, moonchild, can i play with madness, the clairvoyant), but I absolutely will not argue with anyone's opinion in here in this thread.

The important thing is Maiden has it's own thread. Well done, Sherdog.

Its funny. My favorite album and that is one of my LEAST favorite songs on that album although i still like it.

Infinite Dreams and Hallowed be thy name are my 2 all time favorite songs.

Infinite dreams is mega underrated. Even I underrated it until I tried learning all the parts on every instrument after seeing the live show when i was a kid.

Steve Harris is so badass. Until seeing this performance I had not cared particularly for this song. Then I was into the bass that I had to learn it.

Now its up there with my favorites

Infinite Dreams in one of their best songs and my personal fave. I agree with you on Can I Play With Madness, it was one of their poppiest tracks IMO.

Best song to watch live is a toss up between Powerslave, Fear of The Dark and Iron Maiden IMO.

For me its Somewhere in Time,but the 1st two lps are fantastic as well. I dont think they ever put out a "bad" album and that's hard to do considering how long they been around
Mate they've never even made a bad song.

I chose dance of death. Everything about that album was great. From the reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg single to the actual album.

Also probably the album I listened to the most.
That song was from the Matter of Life and Death Album. The title track and Passchendale were the epics on Dance of Death

That song was from the Matter of Life and Death Album. The title track and Passchendale were the epics on Dance of Death
My two favorite songs on Dance of Death were Rainmaker and New Frontier (in that order). Both fantastic songs.

My two favorite songs on Dance of Death were Rainmaker and New Frontier (in that order). Both fantastic songs.
Great choices. I'd add Journeyman to that list too.

I was tempted to choose Dance of Death just to be slightly different. I could make an argument for just about every album - even No Prayer For The Dying is outstanding, and it's probably among the lower graded albums.

Fear Of The Dark is an underrated album. It had it's own theme and it was coming to an end of the Bruce & Janick era (the first one). There was a bit to fear. There was unknown and for sure it was unsettled during the album writing. Piece of Mind would be another solid choice from the original era.

I voted Seventh Son and i'm right (infinite dreams, seventh son, moonchild, can i play with madness, the clairvoyant), but I absolutely will not argue with anyone's opinion in here in this thread.

The important thing is Maiden has it's own thread. Well done, Sherdog.
The rest of that album isnt as good as that monumenous motherfucker of a title track..but the clairvoyant is amazing too.

I never really got into Maiden back in the day for some reason, always loved Sabbath and Priest. I finally listened to all of the Maiden albums last year for the first time. I found Number of the Beast to be a little overrated(Hallowed Be They Name is my favorite song of theirs but the rest of that album not that great). Piece of Mind and Powerslave are amazing 80's metal albums, I'd lean towards Piece of Mind being my favorite. Also really liked Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son. After that not much of their work does anything for me. Brave New World is good, can't really get into any of their most recent stuff.

The more and more I listen to their prime albums though I always end up going back to Caught Somewhere in Time. I'd say that album gradually became my favorite, album just has a certain 80's charm and feel to it that I really like.

I was super impressed with Maiden, listen to it a lot now, I'd definitely say they were better than Priest and Sabbath.

Last edited:
I never really got into Maiden back in the day for some reason, always loved Sabbath and Priest. I finally listened to all of the Maiden albums last year for the first time. I found Number of the Beast to be a little overrated(Hallowed Be They Name is my favorite song of theirs but the rest of that album not that great). Piece of Mind and Powerslave are amazing 80's metal albums, I'd lean towards Piece of Mind being my favorite. Also really liked Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son. After that not much of their work does anything for me. Brave New World is good, can't really get into any of their most recent stuff.

The more and more I listen to their prime albums though I always end up going back to Caught Somewhere in Time. I'd say that album gradually became my favorite, album just has a certain 80's charm and feel to it that I really like.

I was super impressed with Maiden, listen to it a lot now, I'd definitely say they were better than Priest and Sabbath.
As a kid, I listened to Somewhere in Time all the time.
So I never know if it is nostalgia with my love for the album.
It seems to get a lot of hate.
But what do I know?
I don't think it is possible for Iron Maiden to hit a single bad note

Back