The best qb in the 2018 NFL draft who do you pick of these 8 guys?

Sam Darnold has pretty bad mechanics - Hitch in his throwing motion, pretty sure RW had the same coming out and has been able to shorten it. Here is a solid breakdown -

Also throwing a tight spiral is overrated. Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck both throw ducks and we know how good they are as passers. I think Darnold will be solid, just nitpicking your reasons

dan fouts probably threw the ugliest ball ever. he did ok

Could anything be more overrated than a 'big arm' when evaluating a QB? The most important thing for NFL QB success is football IQ and attitude. Look at Tom Brady and P. Manning. They are both pretty horrible athletes. Neither guy could ever really move around. Both of them have average arms. But both had the right attitude for success. Same with Drew Brees. All of those guys are workaholic obsessed perfectionists. That is who you want to draft, as long as they also can throw an accurate ball.

Who cares that Josh Allen is huge, strong and has a massive arm. None of that really matters if he isn't accurate. And Baker? He could be the next R. Wilson, but he is immature and maybe he wont be a good leader.

Darnold seems to be the safest pick. He is a hard working guy who is boring. He says all the right things. He is a natural leader. His turnovers should be fixed fairly easily. However, I would probably take Rosen and pray he is durable. He seems to have the highest ceiling. His attitude problems are overblown.

For me it is Rosen > Sam > Baker > ???

1 Josh Rosen
2 Josh Allen
3 Lamar Jackson
4 Baker Mayfield
5t Kyle Rudolph
5t Sam Darnold

Mayfield > Rosen > Darnold > Jackson > Rudolph > Lauletta > Falk > Rosen Mid Concussion Protocol > Allen

Could anything be more overrated than a 'big arm' when evaluating a QB?

I wonder how much the 1983 draft has influenced this thinking. The 4 successful QBs from that draft had big arms; Elway, Kelly, Marino and Esiason. The 3 shitty QBs had much weaker arms; Ken O'brien, Tony Eason, and Todd Blackledge.

I wonder how much the 1983 draft has influenced this thinking. The 4 successful QBs from that draft had big arms; Elway, Kelly, Marino and Esiason. The 3 shitty QBs had much weaker arms; Ken O'brien, Tony Eason, and Todd Blackledge.

Not accurate to call O'Brien a shitty QB. He was substantially better than Eason and Blackledge.

Not accurate to call O'Brien a shitty QB. He was substantially better than Eason and Blackledge.

He had his moments, like that 10-1 start in 1985, but he is no way comparable to Kelly, Elway, Marino or Esiason.

He had his moments, like that 10-1 start in 1985, but he is no way comparable to Kelly, Elway, Marino or Esiason.

Forsooth. The others certainly accomplished more. I'd note that O'Brien had a better completion % and markedly lower INT % than Esiason. He definitely wasn't great, but far from garbage.

Josh rosen just went up big time with this answer, the man dont play and speaks the truth

Rivers has a weird ass mechanics to him and he does fine.
Rivers has the worst looking football, rarely throws a spiral, lots of floppy birds, but he can launch it and has good leadership, I feel bad for him he is one of the best qbs And loyal yet his owner never got him the players he needed to be great, spanos reminds me of donald sterling.

Colin kaepernick had the sharpest spiral throws, he had those elway rocket spirals.

The best looking passer was warren moon, he threw some nice looking smooth perfect passes, not to hard not too soft, how the hell did he develop such a smooth throwing mechanics even under pressure, not many floppy birds came out of that arm.

Josh rosen just went up big time with this answer, the man dont play and speaks the truth

th

Up to date QB rankings:

1. Rosen
2. Allen
3. Jackson
4. Mayfield
5a. Darnold
5b. Rudolph

Back