The Big Dirty Blues Thread

Rimbaud82

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Surprised we don't have a blues thread yet...maybe we do and it's lost many pages ago, but here's one anyway.

Pour a glass of whiskey (or gin), and post your favourite blues songs, talk about your favourite blues artists and so on...we can go for the earliest blues stuff, through 60s blues rock and up to guys like Jack White or Gary Clarke Jr, just as long as it's bluesy.

Much more to come...

One of Frank Zappa's favourite blues songs

The White Stripes doing a blues song

One of Frank Zappa's favourite blues songs

Those are some pretty tasty licks your man is putting out there, and dat piano
2i07ihh.png

Love the song, both the original and White's version. Particularly this live in Blackpool one:

Great thread.

Wow, Brozman has some really cool guitar licks.

Yeah he's really slick, great rhythm as well. That rattlesnake blues is actually a charley patton song, but it's hard to appreciate how good Patton was because so many of his recordings are dreadful quality.

Those are some pretty tasty licks your man is putting out there, and dat piano
2i07ihh.png

Love the song, both the original and White's version. Particularly this live in Blackpool one:

Damn!!! Shades of Zeppelin there. In parts it reminded of Pages crazy experimental guitar solo's, even though the sounds were very different.

I got goosebumps watching that

Here's some very literal dirty blues, this stuff would make Rihanna and Nicki Minaj blush.

When I think dirty blues...this song always comes to mind

Hey hey hey all you young girls wherever you're at
I got a brand new Cadillac got a Ferrari too
Sure 'nuff baby sure 'nuff 'n yes I do

When John Lee covers your song, you know you've written a good blues tune:

John Lee Hooker respected Van a hell of a lot, and vice versa obviously...

Fun fact, when Van lived in London Little Walter taught him a few tricks on the harmonica, and in return Van would go out and get him Chinese food

I have watched this video literally hundreds of times. It is just that good. Rory covering some Blind Boy Fuller 'Pistol Slapper Blues'and JB Hutto 'Too Much Alcohol' absolutely killing it on the acoustic:

I always break out the Allman Brothers in the summertime

Not bad at all, nice slow groove...

Oh man, one of the best songs ever so damn good. Quality version as well.

Based on this of course:

Fucking love Willie Dixon

So many standards and classics came from him.

Love this one, have you heard this great acoustic variation? Think I prefer the electric on the whole but it's a cool clip.

You can't go wrong with Muddy Water's Mannish boy...

Love this harmonica solo

That Willie Dixon track's really nice.

Jimi Hendrix Blues was the first blues album I had, I got it as a gift. The acoustic version is the first track, and the 12 minute electric version is the last track. Those two versions alone make it a great album.

I've heard this one on the radio about a hundred times, still love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back