The Big Dirty Blues Thread

Seasick Steve is the man, three string slide guitar boogie...

I went to see Elton Lammie play two weeks ago, with his Kitchen Party band (featuring the keyboard player from Blue Rodeo) They tore it up. Amazing musicians

His voice is off in this song because he usually plays it much faster

Here's him playing Crossroads with another band, he usually plays solo acoustic. I've probably seen him about 15 times now

Here he is doing "Hallelujah" just to give you guys an idea of his singing, he hates this song.

Elton taught this kid (what he didn't already know) They both play lots of free local shows at bars. This kid is going places, wow. I think he's still only 16 years old. Dare I say, the future of blues?

I saw Spencer's first live performance (with Elton) lass than a year ago, he didn't sing like this at that show, I guess he was nervous. He's come a long way,

Before you Accuse me... With Elton and Spencer MacKenzie

I'm gonna go see Spencer play tomorrow

Last edited:
I went to see Elton Lammie play two weeks ago, with his Kitchen Party band (featuring the keyboard player from Blue Rodeo) They tore it up. Amazing musicians

His voice is off in this song because he usually plays it much faster

Here's him playing Crossroads with another band, he usually plays solo acoustic. I've probably seen him about 15 times now

Here he is doing "Hallelujah" just to give you guys an idea of his singing, he hates this song.
He may not like it pal but honestly my thoughts after listening a few times is....simply wow,great rendition.****Is he a friend of yours?***

He may not like it pal but honestly my thoughts after listening a few times is....simply wow,great rendition.****Is he a friend of yours?***

He's not a friend, but he plays every Sunday at this restaurant just around the corner for my parents, so when I visit them I usually go on Sundays and we go see Elton play. He often comes around from table to table in between sets to gauge the audiences tastes and take requests.

I shouldn't have said he hates that song, but it's probably his most requested song and it doesn't speak to him in the same way most of the songs he play does.

He's a great opera singer also. He won a Canadian opera version of American Idol, without any vocal training or experience singing opera. I'll try and make a video of him doing "Time To Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli, next time I see him.

One of my favourite covers of his, although he plays it faster and with more intensity nowadays.

He's not a friend, but he plays every Sunday at this restaurant just around the corner for my parents, so when I visit them I usually go on Sundays and we go see Elton play. He often comes around from table to table in between sets to gauge the audiences tastes and take requests.

I shouldn't have said he hates that song, but it's probably his most requested song and it doesn't speak to him in the same way most of the songs he play does.

He's a great opera singer also. He won a Canadian opera version of American Idol, without any vocal training or experience singing opera. I'll try and make a video of him doing "Time To Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli, next time I see him.

One of my favourite covers of his, although he plays it faster and with more intensity nowadays.

Amazing talent he is!Id love to hear that Bocelli cover.Ive never heard U2 done like that,truly brilliant.Thanks for putting him on here,Ive an extremely eclectic choice in music genres so it's always cool to find something new with such talent.Cheers!

<cheer>Wow all you blues aficionados,fans & or players and no one posted one of the best blues men in history!His influences are all here...Robert Johnson,Muddy Waters,Albert Collins,Buddy Guy,Clapton even the great Rory Gallagher is here!But nobody thought to post SRV. No Eric Johnson either? Aye I know I didn't post them either.<cheer>

. He may not rate with the likes of Rory,Stevie,Muddy etc. but he was just a wee 16 year old boy when he wrote & put out his first full album.Just 17 with this one.

Absolutely one of my favourite blues tunes ever and this is my favourite version, it just has this relentless rhythm to it...

Back