The bigotry of the progressive left

FrontNakedChoke

Reaction score
It's really ironic that the progressive movement was built on tolerance and acceptance. From my personal experience both online and in person, progressives have very little of either for individuals who hold traditional values. I hear progressives mock and belittle anyone with more traditional values regularly, as if they are sub-human. Where is the tolerance for them? Why do progressives not hold themselves to the same standards they expect from individuals with traditional views?

One example is a gay couple suing Christians bakers for refusing to cater to their wedding. Christians do not have to approve of gay marriage, nor does the gay couple have to approve of their Christianity. Each is free to their own set of values, but should (according to progressive ideology) be tolerant of each other. There's an obvious difference however, between tolerating and supporting. Personally I don't understand why the gay couple wouldn't just take their business elsewhere. It seems like an attention/money grab. If someone didn't want to work for me because of a different moral foundation, it would seem quite bigoted of me to try and force them to. Religious freedom should not be compromised, but unfortunately for the Christian bakers they were hit with huge fines, and a socially influenced boycott forced them to close their doors.

A more recent example is the teacher from Oregon getting attempting to make her students turn their Trump shirts inside out, citing "Make America Great Again" as a Neo-Nazi slogan. Why teachers would think it's okay to enforce their political views on their students is beyond me, but it's a great example of bigotry from so called progressives. It's a re-occurring theme unfortunately. I don't like your opinion? You must be a Nazi. An extreme lack of tolerance for simply supporting their president. Imagine the outrage if kids had been told to leave a classroom for supporting Obama. Luckily in this case the teacher was fired.

Aside from policies that put America first, I believe that Trump being elected is a big statement against this type of bigotry and intolerance from progressives. People are tired of being unjustly labeled as homophobic, xenophobic, Nazis etc. just for having more traditional values. Labeling as such is an obvious attempt to completely invalidate any factual argument they make. The silent majority still exists, but the intolerant progressives become louder and louder as time goes on, with the full fledged support of academia, Hollywood, and the main stream media.

What is the cause of this bigotry from the progressive left? To me it seems like a situation where "I feel like I've been oppressed, now it's your turn." They don't really want a tolerant, accepting society which can house many different view points. They want to forcefully apply their beliefs to everyone, and anyone who doesn't agree will be socially shamed and possibly sued or jailed.

Why is the progressive left so bigoted and intolerant?

Calling out a bunch of thin skinned retards isn't whining. It's not like every left leaning person is like this either. In fact it's a smaller percent of them, they just happen to have a louder voice.

If an adult hollers at a child for playing in the road it's not whining, it's simply the adult pointing out that the child is doing something wrong.

irony of accusing people of using labels too much, then using vague labels.

Those kids that lynched the biracial kid were republicans.

Coincidence? I think not.

Pointing out a bunch of thin skinned retards isn't whining. It's not like every left leaning person is like this either.In fact it's a smaller percent of them, they just happen to have a louder voice.

If an adult hollers at a child for playing in the road it's not whining, it's simply the adult pointing out that the child is doing something wrong.
<Waaah>

giphy.gif

A big tenant of their idea is that its ok to discriminate against, be intolerant of, or hate, a group of people that they deem offensive and dangerous.

That's always a very dangerous road to go down.

It's really ironic that the progressive movement was built on tolerance and acceptance. From my personal experience both online and in person, progressives have very little of either for individuals who hold traditional values. I hear progressives mock and belittle anyone with more traditional values regularly, as if they are sub-human. Where is the tolerance for them? Why do progressives not hold themselves to the same standards they expect from individuals with traditional views?

One example is a gay couple suing Christians bakers for refusing to cater to their wedding. Christians do not have to approve of gay marriage, nor does the gay couple have to approve of their Christianity. Each is free to their own set of values, but should (according to progressive ideology) be tolerant of each other. There's an obvious difference however, between tolerating and supporting. Personally I don't understand why the gay couple wouldn't just take their business elsewhere. It seems like an attention/money grab. If someone didn't want to work for me because of a different moral foundation, it would seem quite bigoted of me to try and force them to. Religious freedom should not be compromised, but unfortunately for the Christian bakers they were hit with huge fines, and a socially influenced boycott forced them to close their doors.

A more recent example is the teacher from Oregon getting attempting to make her students turn their Trump shirts inside out, citing "Make America Great Again" as a Neo-Nazi slogan. Why teachers would think it's okay to enforce their political views on their students is beyond me, but it's a great example of bigotry from so called progressives. It's a re-occurring theme unfortunately. I don't like your opinion? You must be a Nazi. An extreme lack of tolerance for simply supporting their president. Imagine the outrage if kids had been told to leave a classroom for supporting Obama. Luckily in this case the teacher was fired.

Aside from policies that put America first, I believe that Trump being elected is a big statement against this type of bigotry and intolerance from progressives. People are tired of being unjustly labeled as homophobic, xenophobic, Nazis etc. just for having more traditional values. Labeling as such is an obvious attempt to completely invalidate any factual argument they make. The silent majority still exists, but the intolerant progressives become louder and louder as time goes on, with the full fledged support of academia, Hollywood, and the main stream media.

What is the cause of this bigotry from the progressive left? To me it seems like a situation where "I feel like I've been oppressed, now it's your turn." They don't really want a tolerant, accepting society which can house many different view points. They want to forcefully apply their beliefs to everyone, and anyone who doesn't agree will be socially shamed and possibly sued or jailed.

Why is the progressive left so bigoted and intolerant?
The progressive left wants to destroy traditional ideals, what it means to be a real man, and what it means to be a real woman. The progressive left hates Christianity but somehow has decided to praise Islam, the most dangerous religion in the world today. Sexual disorder and sexual immorality is promoted as good. Hard work and accomplishments are described as "privelege."

Much of this stuff is what is promoted on college campuses according to Jordan Peterson and others. What once was good is now somehow considered intolerant by the left.

Last edited by a moderator:
A big tenant of their idea is that its ok to discriminate against, be intolerant of, or hate, a group of people that they deem offensive and dangerous.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think a meeting between liberals and white supremacists should go down in your version of what you think a liberal utopia should be? Do you think they should share a pepsi and hold hands or something?

Just out of curiosity, how do you think a meeting between liberals and white supremacists should go down in your version of what you think a liberal utopia should be? Do you think they should share a pepsi and hold hands or something?

Yes. No one ever convinced another person they were wrong by throwing piss at them. Both sides are radicalizing each other in a vicious feedback loop. You must see that.

As Rip would say it's a mental illness.

irony of accusing people of using labels too much, then using vague labels.

Clearly defined:

big·ot
  1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

in·tol·er·ant
    1. not tolerant of views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

Yes. No one ever convinced another person they were wrong by throwing piss at them. Both sides are radicalizing each other in a vicious feedback loop. You must see that.
I'm not going to disagree with you, but I don't think it's realistic in the current context. The ideologies are completely incompatible; there aren't going to be (nor should there be) a meeting of the minds where the antifa girl says ,"after hearing your impassioned argument, I do agree that the lynched kid had it coming".
I also think it's disingenuous to try compare the tactics of the intolerant left to liken them to the fascists/racists for cheap internet points. I can agree violent protests are counter productive to a cause, but hopefully we can acknowledge that the end goals are different.

The biggest problem is who they label white supremacist.

They tend to label anyone that voted for Trump as a white supremacist.

This is typical shit by the left.

Maxine Waters: The White House is now 'the White Supremacists' House.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but I don't think it's realistic in the current context. The ideologies are completely incompatible; there aren't going to be (nor should there be) a meeting of the minds where the antifa girl says ,"after hearing your impassioned argument, I do agree that the lynched kid had it coming".
I also think it's disingenuous to try compare the tactics of the intolerant left to liken them to the fascists/racists for cheap internet points. I can agree violent protests are counter productive to a cause, but hopefully we can acknowledge that the end goals are different.
What are the end goals? Racial homogeneity for one and ideological homogeneity for the other, with no tolerance for diversity from either side?

I'm asking about the far fringes here.

What are the end goals? Racial homogeneity for one and ideological homogeneity for the other, with no tolerance for diversity from either side?

I'm asking about the far fringes here.
You are using "ideological homogeneity" in a very broad stroke. Literally the only ideologies that can't fit into a the liberal end goal are ones that support racial (or religious) homogeneity. How are they supposed to find a realistic middle ground?

Back