The bigotry of the progressive left

Now I am not american , the only evidence about this attitude that I can see from outside is how the american whites are portraited in all the movies and tv shows, the so called "rednecks /hillbillies" that are labeled as hideous degenerate monsters the everybody have to hate .
In Italy the alt left looks often very detached from the people ( I would say from the reality), I am referring about the social group that belongs in the upper class ( politicians, actors, singers) that seems to despise the people.

I'm getting tired of this strained logic that if you dislike and stand-up to intolerance you are intolerant yourself.

That's sort of like saying the US was as bad as the Nazi's in WW2 because we both invaded France.

Now I am not american , the only evidence about this attitude that I can see from outside is how the american whites are portraited in all the movies and tv shows, the so called "rednecks /hillbillies" that are labeled as hideous degenerate monsters the everybody have to hate .
In Italy the alt left looks often very detached from the people ( I would say from the reality), I am referring about the social group that belongs in the upper class ( politicians, actors, singers) that seems to despise the people.

You must not watch a lot of american movies. Every other white guy is tall, handsome, buff and saves the world.

The biggest problem is who they label white supremacist.

They tend to label anyone that voted for Trump as a white supremacist.

This is typical shit by the left.

Maxine Waters: The White House is now 'the White Supremacists' House.

They have become by definition fundamentalists.

Southern accents are now racist?

I made a thread about Lee High School in Texas that changed their school song because it was the same tune as Dixieland. And that song is racist to leftists even though it's not about race.

The radical left has gone insane, and yes they are mainstream.

Strange, that song wasn't racist last year or any year prior.

It's really ironic that the progressive movement was built on tolerance and acceptance. From my personal experience both online and in person, progressives have very little of either for individuals who hold traditional values. I hear progressives mock and belittle anyone with more traditional values regularly, as if they are sub-human. Where is the tolerance for them? Why do progressives not hold themselves to the same standards they expect from individuals with traditional views?

One example is a gay couple suing Christians bakers for refusing to cater to their wedding. Christians do not have to approve of gay marriage, nor does the gay couple have to approve of their Christianity. Each is free to their own set of values, but should (according to progressive ideology) be tolerant of each other. There's an obvious difference however, between tolerating and supporting. Personally I don't understand why the gay couple wouldn't just take their business elsewhere. It seems like an attention/money grab. If someone didn't want to work for me because of a different moral foundation, it would seem quite bigoted of me to try and force them to. Religious freedom should not be compromised, but unfortunately for the Christian bakers they were hit with huge fines, and a socially influenced boycott forced them to close their doors.

A more recent example is the teacher from Oregon getting attempting to make her students turn their Trump shirts inside out, citing "Make America Great Again" as a Neo-Nazi slogan. Why teachers would think it's okay to enforce their political views on their students is beyond me, but it's a great example of bigotry from so called progressives. It's a re-occurring theme unfortunately. I don't like your opinion? You must be a Nazi. An extreme lack of tolerance for simply supporting their president. Imagine the outrage if kids had been told to leave a classroom for supporting Obama. Luckily in this case the teacher was fired.

Aside from policies that put America first, I believe that Trump being elected is a big statement against this type of bigotry and intolerance from progressives. People are tired of being unjustly labeled as homophobic, xenophobic, Nazis etc. just for having more traditional values. Labeling as such is an obvious attempt to completely invalidate any factual argument they make. The silent majority still exists, but the intolerant progressives become louder and louder as time goes on, with the full fledged support of academia, Hollywood, and the main stream media.

What is the cause of this bigotry from the progressive left? To me it seems like a situation where "I feel like I've been oppressed, now it's your turn." They don't really want a tolerant, accepting society which can house many different view points. They want to forcefully apply their beliefs to everyone, and anyone who doesn't agree will be socially shamed and possibly sued or jailed.

Why is the progressive left so bigoted and intolerant?
Selling someone over priced cake = approval ?

Both sides need to chill the fuck out

Just out of curiosity, how do you think a meeting between liberals and white supremacists should go down in your version of what you think a liberal utopia should be? Do you think they should share a pepsi and hold hands or something?
It could work, my wife works at an international school( teaches IB ,last year of high school and then 1st year university)typicaly have about 85 countries represented out of 200 students , we were house parents there for 5 years , we purposely put students in rooms to challenge them that includes putting a Palestinian student who was born in an Israeli prison with an Israeli .

People after spending time together can often find common ground

So 2 main stream stars, one of which is half white and could pass for a white guy are your proof that White people aren't portrayed favorably?
Could pass for a white guy? I don't think anyone thinks of either one of them as a white guy. They team up as bad ass dudes all the time in movies though .
The Rock is the highest paid actor big time .
Will Smith is another superhero that has saved the world many times.
Denzel Washington is getting older but ruled at one time and is worth 190mil.

It's really ironic that the progressive movement was built on tolerance and acceptance. From my personal experience both online and in person, progressives have very little of either for individuals who hold traditional values. I hear progressives mock and belittle anyone with more traditional values regularly, as if they are sub-human. Where is the tolerance for them? Why do progressives not hold themselves to the same standards they expect from individuals with traditional views?

One example is a gay couple suing Christians bakers for refusing to cater to their wedding. Christians do not have to approve of gay marriage, nor does the gay couple have to approve of their Christianity. Each is free to their own set of values, but should (according to progressive ideology) be tolerant of each other. There's an obvious difference however, between tolerating and supporting. Personally I don't understand why the gay couple wouldn't just take their business elsewhere. It seems like an attention/money grab. If someone didn't want to work for me because of a different moral foundation, it would seem quite bigoted of me to try and force them to. Religious freedom should not be compromised, but unfortunately for the Christian bakers they were hit with huge fines, and a socially influenced boycott forced them to close their doors.

A more recent example is the teacher from Oregon getting attempting to make her students turn their Trump shirts inside out, citing "Make America Great Again" as a Neo-Nazi slogan. Why teachers would think it's okay to enforce their political views on their students is beyond me, but it's a great example of bigotry from so called progressives. It's a re-occurring theme unfortunately. I don't like your opinion? You must be a Nazi. An extreme lack of tolerance for simply supporting their president. Imagine the outrage if kids had been told to leave a classroom for supporting Obama. Luckily in this case the teacher was fired.

Aside from policies that put America first, I believe that Trump being elected is a big statement against this type of bigotry and intolerance from progressives. People are tired of being unjustly labeled as homophobic, xenophobic, Nazis etc. just for having more traditional values. Labeling as such is an obvious attempt to completely invalidate any factual argument they make. The silent majority still exists, but the intolerant progressives become louder and louder as time goes on, with the full fledged support of academia, Hollywood, and the main stream media.

What is the cause of this bigotry from the progressive left? To me it seems like a situation where "I feel like I've been oppressed, now it's your turn." They don't really want a tolerant, accepting society which can house many different view points. They want to forcefully apply their beliefs to everyone, and anyone who doesn't agree will be socially shamed and possibly sued or jailed.

Why is the progressive left so bigoted and intolerant?

Well, hmm I guess Morgan Freeman would agree with you.

giphy.gif

Ah... The old "talcum toot". A classic African American gag. Reminds me of my years in Harlem. Good times.

How's this going? I assume this thread is chock full of substantive discussion.

Seems like political parties, media outlets and other corporate interests thrive off the extreme polarization that they've been pushing for so long.

Could pass for a white guy? I don't think anyone thinks of either one of them as a white guy. They team up as bad ass dudes all the time in movies though .
The Rock is the highest paid actor big time .
Will Smith is another superhero that has saved the world many times.
Denzel Washington is getting older but ruled at one time and is worth 190mil.

Having a few non-white actors portrayed favorably doesnt disprove that the vast majority of american movies portray white guys as figurative (and literal) superheroes.

Having a few non-white actors portrayed favorably doesnt disprove that the vast majority of american movies portray white guys as figurative (and literal) superheroes.

Don't see a issue here at all. Strong showing of non white actors big time, even the highest paid actor.
Anyway, enjoy the movies. :)

Don't see a issue here at all. Strong showing of non white actors big time, even the highest paid actor.
Anyway, enjoy the movies. :)

Oh ok nvm, usually the only people who quote me when i talk about race are bitter racists who had a problem with what I said. Same to you man.

Most traditional values are incompatible in 2017.

For example the notion that homosexuality is not normal is false.
Most of the world practiced it and polygamy at one time.

It is healthy that a man chooses multiple women (that he can afford).

Christianity is a weak religion and has pacified men and women. Seeing women as frail. I would rather have boudica than your average church dwelling whore.

Europe would not be in its mess if they still followed their ancestors values pre Christianity.

At yet admidst the chaos in Europe, Poland continues to stand strong in their Christian heritiage, while other countries are over run with rape, violent crime, and terror attacks.

I would actually say that Europe would not be in the mess they are in today if they had not thrown away their culture, identity and the Christian Faith they used to have.

Europe is turning into a mix of marxism and the middle east. Which will eventually crash.

Except for Poland, who are deeply rooted in their faith. Unwilling to bend to the globalist agenda, well aware of their countries history.

At yet admidst the chaos in Europe, Poland continues to stand strong in their Christian heritiage, while other countries are over run with rape, violent crime, and terror attacks.

Except for Poland, who are deeply rooted in their faith. Unwilling to bend to the globalist agenda, well aware of their countries history.

For all of the ivory tower intellectual snobbery and "multicultural" rhetoric the progressive regressive left likes to talk, it's kind of interesting that from what is known and gathered of their personal and political views, many of the greatest figures and contributors to German history and culture (not of Jewish heritage - that's Einstein and Marx gone - which tends to take priority, pretty much by their own accord) could be described as 'right wing' in some form or fashion including but not limited to: Goethe, Gauss, Wagner, Planck, Hahn, Heisenberg, Butenandt, von Braun. That still holds true even with the exclusion of religion, ethno-culturalism being the consistent thread.

Poland is also a Slavic nation which generally tend to exhibit far less tolerance for incompatible ideologies and cultures than have the Germanic and Romantic people/linguistic groups. I rarely see Sherdog posters make much of a distinction when discussing Europe but it's really already quite diverse without waves of immigration from the Middle East and North Africa.

560px-Indo-European_languages_in_Europe.png

Back