The Brexit "divorce bill"

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
WTF is this? A divorce bill? Apparently Theresa May has agreed to hand over 40 billion pounds of tax payer money to leave the EU....

This is beyond ridiculous.

Did the soviet countries pay a "divorce bill" when they left the USSR? No, they just took their power back.

This talk of a divorce bill is a scam and Theresa May is naive and weak for even thinking complying with it.

WTF is this? A divorce bill? Apparently Theresa May has agreed to hand over 40 billion pounds of tax payer money to leave the EU....

Did the soviet countries pay a "divorce bill" when they left the USSR? No, they just took their power back.

This talk of a divorce bill is a scam and Theresa May is naive and weak for even thinking complying with it.

I heard it could be as high as 54 or 56 billion. It is ridiculous.

Depends what May is willing to give up. It's still not close to settled.

I'd love to see the British pound come back. Fuck the euro.

We need a strong leader of the Farage/Thatcher cloth. Someone that stands up to the EU attempts at bullying.

Even British remainders piss me off, they are like "oh well, we have to pay this bill", "that's what happens when you get a divorce", "we shouldn't have voted Brexit"

... it's so defeatist, it's pathetic. Ugh ... makes me sick.

Most trade deals with Europe were based on Britain being a part of it, so they have to figure out how much money they're gonna lose and make you pay for it.

What do we get out of this?

You get to retain a degree of trust. You can't just walk away from previously agreed responsibilities. Where to you think the money for Nigel Farages 70k a year pension will come from

We need a strong leader of the Farage/Thatcher cloth. Someone that stands up to the EU attempts at bullying.

Even British remainders piss me off, they are like "oh well, we have to pay this bill", "that's what happens when you get a divorce", "we shouldn't have voted Brexit"

I can't stand Michael Haseltine or whatever his name is. Dude is trash.

Farage is strong? Hahahahaha.

What was your disposition of Brexit offer (by D. Cameron) and the results of the vote?

If the plan is to maintain a good trade and foreign relationship with the EU, do you still think the 40+ Billion Euro is worth it?

I am just curious of your opinion as an Englishman(assumed due to stated location).

What was your disposition of Brexit offer (by D. Cameron) and the results of the vote?

If the plan is to maintain a good trade and foreign relationship with the EU, do you still think the 40+ Billion Euro is worth it?

I am just curious of your opinion as an Englishman(assumed due to stated location).

Britain is the EU.
They don't "owe" that money. They're being forced to pay it for what the loss of them will cause.

There was always going to be a literal and metaphorical price to be paid , we are just haggling over the former at the moment .

So, we have to pay people to like us now?

Give the EU 40 billion pounds ... so we can have a good "relationship" .... that's not a relationship, that's slavery.

Britain is the EU.
They don't "owe" that money. They're being forced to pay it for what the loss of them will cause.

I'd have to agree and say Britain is a major part of the EU;
I've read the reason for the money is to maintain certain relationships, including the free movement of goods and trade market that the EU has.

40Billion might only be a small cost if compared to the larger scale long term favorable trade policy.

One thing I found interesting was that part of the deal(at one point) was to maintain EU citizens' residency in Britain after Brexit officially ends.
-I thought the "free movement of people(EU citizens)" was a major factor in Brexit's voting result.
--An interesting concession of Brexit considering the major reason of the outcome.

Farage is strong? Hahahahaha.

He singlehandedly won us Brexit. He stood and stared the enemy in the eyes and told them to their face how corrupt they are ... no-one else had the balls to do that.

Farage has balls of steel.

I'd have to agree and say Britain is a major part of the EU;
I've read the reason for the money is to maintain certain relationships, including the free movement of goods and trade market that the EU has.

40Billion might only be a small cost if compared to the larger scale long term favorable trade policy.

One thing I found interesting was that part of the deal(at one point) was to maintain EU citizens' residency in Britain after Brexit officially ends.
-I thought the "free movement of people(EU citizens)" was a major factor in Brexit's voting result.
--An interesting concession of Brexit considering the major reason of the outcome.

40 billion is a number that the EU just plucked out of thin air ... It's a scam, dude. We are being scammed ... this is like slavery, think of all the man hours our people have to do to be taxed for 40 billion pounds .... FOR WHAT!?!?!

You get to retain a degree of trust. You can't just walk away from previously agreed responsibilities. Where to you think the money for Nigel Farages 70k a year pension will come from

A degree of trust?? We become slaves ... Think about how many man hours we have to work to raise 40 billion in taxes .... just to hand over to the EUROCRATS FOR FREE!!!!!

We are f**king luntics if we pay this bill

Back