the camera-chasing Attorney General of Texas who doesn't let facts get in the way of his 15 minutes

I swear your threat titles get longer every day.

In your knee jerk reaction to come to the defence of Paxton, you clearly didn't even bother to understand the context of my post which was a critique in general of Hannity.

Maybe you're a viewer of his?
So you read the article and to you this was about Hannity, gotcha

Have you been to Austin lately, whole lot more going on than oil

You were talking about the economic downturn. We were propped up by O&G, that's why we didn't feel it as much. Not sure what Austin has to do with it since it wasn't nearly the tech destination is it today.

And no, i've never been to Austin. Certainly never close to 2222. :rolleyes:

You were talking about the economic downturn. We were propped up by O&G, that's why we didn't feel it as much. Not sure what Austin has to do with it since it wasn't nearly the tech destination is it today.

And no, i've never been to Austin. Certainly never close to 2222. :rolleyes:
So the tech stuff just popped up after the price of oil went in the toilet, we are just now pulling out of one of the biggest downturns ever, yet our economy ( here ) kept chugging away

So the tech stuff just popped up after the price of oil went in the toilet, we are just now pulling out of one of the biggest downturns ever, yet our economy ( here ) kept chugging away

Yeah, Austin is a great city. The liberals did a good job.

By June 2009, Oil prices recovered to pre recession (and bubble) levels. The price of oil was in the toilet for literally half a minute. By 2013, Texas shale comprised 29% of all natural gas production in America. Austin's tech infrastructure would benefit Austin, but it doesn't explain why Texas as a whole didn't experience much pain from the recession. That goes to our biggest enterprises, oil and gas.

Like I said, amazing that our economy kept on chugging when we possess more O&G than most small countries. It's almost like having a glut of the world's most valuable resources makes you insulated from economic downturns.

What are we to comment on that someone at Texas Monthly keeps writing hit pieces about Ken Paxton. It almost seems like there’s an election coming up and Guetierez is a democrat

What is newsworthy here? Safety is absolutely part of his responsibility

Edit wrong name
I had no idea who this guy was prior to the OP.

Safety is the purview of a lot of State officials, does not mean they all are entitled to comment on criminal actions. This guy doesn't seem to know anything , so why is he out there grand standing?

@second sight, if Texas is doing so well, why does it have 3rd world healthcare?
Texas Has the Highest Maternal Mortality Rate in the Developed World. Why?

Crazy that Texas, along with the rest of the country, is doing such a poor job for its citizens:
"While Texas has the worst maternal mortality rate in the nation, America as a whole struggles, too. In every other wealthy country around the world, rates have been decreasing, but in the U.S. they increased from 2000 to 2014."

This is why I asked if anyone on the board was in that region. Have you actually experienced that your Democrat-hitpiece thing is real or are you just pulling it out of your ass because "muh preshus tribe"?

Dude you're one of the most tribal posters on here...

Hot wheels? Are you referencing the governors/wheelchair

Does it surprise you? This is the group that jokes about autism and wishes death on people they disagree with. If the Mods did their jobs most would be banned

Dude you're one of the most tribal posters on here...

That's not true. I don't:

-make shit up to defend or attack anyone. I cite real sources.

-attack someone I disagree with for X and then defend someone I agree with for the same thing

-jump into threads I know nothing about to just because I need to attack or defend their tribe / my tribe

-engage in whataboutism

Just because the majority of my threads are critical of the right didn't mean I'm a tribalist shitposter.

@second sight, if Texas is doing so well, why does it have 3rd world healthcare?
Texas Has the Highest Maternal Mortality Rate in the Developed World. Why?

Crazy that Texas, along with the rest of the country, is doing such a poor job for its citizens:
"While Texas has the worst maternal mortality rate in the nation, America as a whole struggles, too. In every other wealthy country around the world, rates have been decreasing, but in the U.S. they increased from 2000 to 2014."
Third world healthcare? People come from all around the globe to go to the medical center here

Third world healthcare? People come from all around the globe to go to the medical center here

Rich people come from all around the world while poor Americans have less options than other first world nations. And maybe even some second and third world nations.

America has a real problem.

By June 2009, Oil prices recovered to pre recession (and bubble) levels. The price of oil was in the toilet for literally half a minute. By 2013, Texas shale comprised 29% of all natural gas production in America. Austin's tech infrastructure would benefit Austin, but it doesn't explain why Texas as a whole didn't experience much pain from the recession. That goes to our biggest enterprises, oil and gas.

Like I said, amazing that our economy kept on chugging when we possess more O&G than most small countries. It's almost like having a glut of the world's most valuable resources makes you insulated from economic downturns.
This is nort accurate at all, prices stayed low for years, thousands of oil companies went under during that time. Leases were lost companies were bought out, we were not 5hat far away from a handful of major companies owning every lucrative field in the state.

Gas production has been good the price has not. Some of our best friends own a company that had offers coming in to sell for around a billion dollars, the crash hit and it ended up selling for a little over a hundred million. The banks took a huge hit just to salvage some of their loses.
My son works for an oil and gas company that deals in natural gas production, I could go on about my involvement but after stalking on this site that’s as personal as I’ll get.
I’m well versed on what’ happened your description is not accurate

Rich people come from all around the world while poor Americans have less options than other first world nations. And maybe even some second and third world nations.

I’m not denying a problem exist, but by adding millions of illegal people to a population and watch all your statics drop.

He said we have third world healthcare that’s just stupid

This Paxton fellow works in Austin I understand.

Related to your rich people remark, one of my clients lives in Mexico full time and owns a house here (lots of wealthy Mexicans own houses around me) anyway his wife got sick and the he booked an entire floor at MD Anderson. I have no idea what he’s worth, that however is mind blowing to think he spent that amount of money. It was a lengthy illness

Back