Crime The case of Cherish Perrywinkle - Can we stop releasing sex offenders yet?

Byron Carter

Purveyor of Wisdom
Banned
Reaction score
The justice system is completely a mess when it comes to these predators. We give people decades to drugs and tax evasion, but these predators are lucky if they get any time at all.

Child predators are broken, unable to be rehabilitated. Time to start using the death penalty to protect our society from these people.

The justice system is completely a mess when it comes to these predators. We give people decades to drugs and tax evasion, but these predators are lucky if they get any time at all.

Child predators are broken, unable to be rehabilitated. Time to start using the death penalty to protect our society from these people.

I think we've all been saying this for years on the internet.

But what's stopping it from happening?

Let's get together, and change the laws for real.

This is something that's bi-partisan, right????

I think we've all been saying this for years on the internet.

But what's stopping it from happening?

Let's get together, and change the laws for real.

This is something that's bi-partisan, right????

It's probably because the judges letting these guys off are just as messed up as they are. Our justice system is full of pervs it would seem. That's my best guess.

Bullets are cheap, but a rope can be used thousands of times. I'm all for some old school western justice

Minimum 25 year sentence, and mandatory chemical castration for kid diddlers country wide, would be a start.

Bullets are cheap, but a rope can be used thousands of times. I'm all for some old school western justice

Short rope, tall tree.

But how do we make it happen, legally?

Someone has to know what we can do.

There's already a provision permitting prolonged incarceration of sexually dangerous offenders (ie, those deemed incapable of rehabilitation). It's limited in scope, though.

There's already a provision permitting prolonged incarceration of sexually dangerous offenders (ie, those deemed incapable of rehabilitation). It's limited in scope, though.

James Hydrick, a martial arts and psychic fraud, was convicted to diddling boys and is being held indefinitely in liberal California. If I'm not mistaken, he's actually served his legal prison sentence but under a cali law is being detained at a "mental hospital" until the state determines he is "rehabilitated".

The mother in that 911 tape is a complete idiot. Lets a total stranger take her child to the dressing room twice. Stranger offers to pay for high heel shoes, obviously a pedo. Offers to pay for 100$ of other clothes, again doesn't add up.

She had other children taken away due to neglect. Neglectful mother lets child leave with stranger, sounds about right.

8 year old girl raped for hours, strangled to death, body left by the river.

Sex offender had been out of prison for a couple of weeks.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/donal...ok-back-at-the-case-that-shocked-jacksonville

I think it's time to have a serious discussion about hanging sex offenders. I'm sure we could get a constitutional amendment.

What do you say liberals? Would you agree to it?

Horrible story. That said, your not going the get the death penalty without a homicide here. If Conservatives supported this sort of bill it would have already been passed in states with a long history of conservative legislators.

Also, slightly different topic. What the hell was the mom thinking? She meets a a random guy at a dollar store who agrees to buy the kids clothes if she brings them to meet him at Walmart at 10:00 at night? She thinks it will be OK because the guy agrees to bring his wife but then the mom doesn't bail when the wife isn't there?

James Hydrick, a martial arts and psychic fraud, was convicted to diddling boys and is being held indefinitely in liberal California. If I'm not mistaken, he's actually served his legal prison sentence but under a cali law is being detained at a "mental hospital" until the state determines he is "rehabilitated".
Yeah, that's the sort of provision I was discussing.

It's probably because the judges letting these guys off are just as messed up as they are. Our justice system is full of pervs it would seem. That's my best guess.
The details are scanty in this case, but most (not all) of the time, judges give a sentence recommended by statute. The issue is that sentencing statutes tend to focus heavily on priors, and child predators rarely have many. They get released because they've served their time.

I very much doubt that he was released because the judge was a secret child molester.

That article was absolutely brutal.

That guy deserves the death penalty when convicted. The child's mom should be beaten as well.

Really what needs to be done is a change in perspective, where crimes committed against others (actual assaults) are treated as such, but the underlying issue is treated as a mental illness, something that one cannot simply be put in a cage for several years and expected to not do again.

When it’s accepted that this is the case, people would then begin to have the option of seeking treatment BEFORE committing crimes, and if they are unable to act properly in society they could be held indefinitely.

Now, none of that is going to happen because many of our countries only recently effectively dismantled our mental health services and hospitals, and any progress made has not been about violent or dangerous conditions, as it’s easier to just toss those people into prisons, but it would be good.

They legit should all be chemically castrated if they are ever released back to the public

If I had my way, child predators would face a firing squad if convicted.

People can stop doing pretty much any crime but if you're a child predator, you will always have that desire somewhere in you to prey on a child.

I’m not cool with killing pedos a lot of times they were abused as well. I’m ok with locking them up for life minimum security and just separating them from us.

the issue is that prisons are filled with people on drug charges. the war on drugs is a failure, and is a misguided (at best) attempt to treat a medical problem with jail and a criminal record, and with so many people having drug problems, the system is pushing people out on the street who pose a profound threat to women and children.

Years back at work I was part of our Halloween Task Force to check on all our 290 registrants(sex offenders). We had to go make sure they were in compliance with the laws for the holiday. Most of them had to go sit at the parole office, some did not and those were the ones we had to go check on.

Dude we checked was living in a motel, as a condition of his parole, he could not have drugs or alcohol. We bang on the door and announce "Police Department, parole check come to the door!" Dude takes his sweet ass time coming and tries to play it cool. Search turns up a 6 pack and a few empties in his trash.

Call his PO and she says "violate him, fuck that guy, bring him in and I'm sending his ass back to Chino." Hooked him up on Halloween night and off he went for a nice stay back in prison. Dude's offense that got him on parole was child molest.

Back