The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

One of my favorite movies, everybody loves a good revenge flick.

This one has it all

One of those "Low expectations that knock your balls off" movies. Will watch it anywhere, anytime and anyplace.

I like it but honestly it could use another 30mins to fix the ending. Ending seemed Rushed in my opinion.

I was eating a Monte Cristo in Disneyland; The ex was secretly launching grapes into the crowds with her spoon. Good times

Great movie. Considering how much of the source material had to be axed to fit into the time window, it's a pretty awesome take on literature.

liked the richard chamberlin one as well. guy pearce raised this up majorly .

It is a well made movie, and they really ought to make more movie of the classic novels.

One of the few movies I own on DVD.

tumblr_m2kxyaoDb31qib9oao4_250.gif

Love it

Jim Caviezel is so handsome in this film.

Now how am I supposed to convince the chicks you're into them when you say shit like this. Now I have to start all over again.

Now how am I supposed to convince the chicks you're into them when you say shit like this. Now I have to start all over again.

Just set me up with the chicks and then we'll talk about how handsome Jim is as the count. That will be my way in.

I learned from this movie that growing some facial hair and putting on some fancy clothing is a hell of a disguise. Even people you've known for years won't recognize you.

He's a very underrated actor. I suspect the reason he hasn't been more successful is because he's open about his Christian beliefs and Hollywood doesn't like that shit. It's like they saw him do Passion of the Christ and blacklisted him or something.

Still, he's managed to have a pretty good career, relatively speaking. He at least had a long-running, successful TV show in recent years.
I really liked Person Of Interest.

The film was great. Perfect villains, great adventure and a story of redemption.

So naturally, after watching this great film I picked up the novel. The Novel blows the film out of the water.

The methods of revenge enacted by Edmund Dontes is truly diabolical.

I highly recommend the novel.

For a 2 hour plus film, it did its best in wrapping up a 1300 page novel. I do like some of the changes they made, and how they essentially morphed 2 characters into one (Guy Pierce’s character).

Book is a solid 10/10.

Film is a 8/10.

Someone here already suggested it, but this novel deserves the HBO miniseries treatment.

Another thing I liked:

As far as I can tell, no CGI. Everything looked practical, including lots of beautiful on-location photography.

90% of it was shot in Ireland. This is Powerscourt Estate in Wicklow, not Monte Cristo.

79RWu5NGhRMJqgrnSgQiOb5nNkK.jpg

Back