The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

One of those movies I may have watched all the way through once, but have watched from a random point to the end about 100 times. May have spent as much time watching this as any other movie.

It's in the echelon of October Sky and The 13th Warrior. Just a great watch.

I mean Luis Guzman even kills it in this movie

love this flick

Yeah its fantastic. I'm a huge lover of Dumas works so anything done at least respectably well from his works gets my attention

Also dagmara dominczyk was a quite the beauty.

MV5BMTIzOTMzMTg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODIzMDEz._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

She is married to the Owl guy in The Watchmen. I was surprised.

Anyways, I just watched this movie again, for probably the 10th time, I like it more every time I watch it.

Only bumped this thread because I realized for the first time that their kid is played by Henry Cavill, I was very surprised.

Awesome movie. Watched it in the theatres when it came out. I remember not wanting to watch it but my youth pastor at the time guaranteed it was good. The Napoleon part in the beginning was a cool nod to history buffs

If you haven't already, read the stars tennis balls by Steven Fry, it's a modern reworking

There's a Japanese drama TV version of this in modern time period.

book dragged on a bit, I couldn't finish it once I found out he forgave everyone.

It’s one of my fav books. I’ve never watched any of the movie adaptations, might check this one out

Good call on the idea of making a mini series out of the book. I'd certainly watch it.
HBO make it happen!

I enjoyed it but I'm a sucker for any movie with a prison arc.

One of the most entertaining movies out there.

Back