The Cut Content of Bloodborne is quite interesting...

• Thread starter Deleted member 460645
  • Start date
Every detail in Bloodborne is a work of art.

DS3 is multiplatform but it’s not cross platform. PS4 players can only play with other PS4 players, Xbox with Xbox etc.

I’m doing my first play through of DS3 right now and it’s the deadest multiplayer experience I’ve ever had in the series. I played DS1 & 2 at launch so it’s not that surprising, but I played Bloodborne a full year after its release and it was still pretty active. But I guess that DS3 is almost two years old already.
Where are you in the game?
I just finished Ashes of Ariandel and The Ringed City and both had a decent population of players. Maybe that has to with it being dlc.

Where are you in the game?
I just finished Ashes of Ariandel and The Ringed City and both had a decent population of players. Maybe that has to with it being dlc.

You’re much further than me. I just finished Smouldering Lake and am working my way through Irithyll now.

Never played Dark Souls. Big time Armored Core vet. I got past the fight in the graveyard, Germain or something.
Imo you must be pretty decent to beat Gascoigne so it's not a case of you being terrible at the game.
Just not a game for you I guess.

Imo you must be pretty decent to beat Gascoigne so it's not a case of you being terrible at the game.

I'll confess, I had a 15 year old next to me telling me to stock up 15 blood vials before fighting him and cluing me in on some attack patterns.

Bloodborne will be free on PS+ in march, for those PS owners who haven't played it.

Never played Dark Souls. Big time Armored Core vet. I got past the fight in the graveyard, Germain or something.
Im playing it now, and do not feel it's s better than dark souls like many others do. The final few areas are really lame imo

Last edited:
I'll confess, I had a 15 year old next to me telling me to stock up 15 blood vials before fighting him and cluing me in on some attack patterns.

Give it some time, you'll grow attached to your characters progression. It's a really cool piece of art if anything, and just the way the creatures move, let alone the tiny details throughout the world make the experience worth it. My favorite area / zone in any game at the moment is Hemwick Charnel Lane. The sound design, and visual collaboration is beyond most films, let alone games.

I've played it a few hours and don't get the hype at all.

Well, it's all a matter of taste of course, but here's some reasons (on top of my head) why it gets the critical acclaim it does:

- The insane worldbuilding
- The obtuse storytelling, which is a welcome breath of fresh air in an industry filled with games that constantly hold your hand and feed you boring tropes over and over again
- The Lovecraftian/cosmic horror/even satanic themes that are woven into its core. Bloodborne isn't just a 'gruesome horror' game imo, it also is a very dark and grim piece of art that touches on some subjects and goes to places that even Dark Souls doesn't dare to go (which isn't exactly Mario Party to begin with)
- The distinct weaponry
- Tight combat

I think it's an incredibly deep and ballsy project in this era of the lootbox craze. I sure hope Miyazaki's next project is as out there as BB. I love Dark Souls to death, but I truly hope he never makes another one in his life and keeps focusing on new and daring projects.

Well, it's all a matter of taste of course, but here's some reasons (on top of my head) why it gets the critical acclaim it does:

- The obtuse storytelling, which is a welcome breath of fresh air in an industry filled with games that constantly hold your hand and feed you boring tropes over and over again
- The Lovecraftian/cosmic horror/even satanic themes that are woven into its core. Bloodborne isn't just a 'gruesome horror' game imo, it also is a very dark and grim piece of art that touches on some subjects and goes to places that even Dark Souls doesn't dare to go (which isn't exactly Mario Party to begin with)
- The distinct weaponry
- Tight combat

I think it's an incredibly deep and ballsy project in this era of the lootbox craze. I sure hope Miyazaki's next project is as out there as BB. I love Dark Souls to death, but I truly hope he never makes another one in his life and keeps focusing on new and daring projects.
I never played any of the dark souls before, so the learning curve was brutal, but I also knew what I was getting into, and this game blew me away. I even preferred it to Dark Souls 3. This game was incredible.

I never played any of the dark souls before, so the learning curve was brutal, but I also knew what I was getting into, and this game blew me away. I even preferred it to Dark Souls 3. This game was incredible.

For sure. I loved every minute I put into Dark Souls III, but I enjoyed BB even more. You'll hear no argument from me.

I beat that fucker on my first go as well. Never played any souls game either. The first 4-6 hours were brutal though. Highest learning curve I've ever experienced in a game. I must have died 30 times before reaching the first boss. I also never finished it but maybe downloading a digital copy may spur me to try it again. I really didn't feel the story too much though (main reason for not finishing it)..

- The distinct weaponry
- Tight combat

Worldbuilding I'll give you.

Storytelling is interesting.

The themes aren't really my cup of tea, so that could be a contributing factor. I'm more of a fantasy/sci-fi guy and not much on horror.

The weaponry I'm not that impressed by, in fact hybrid weapons kinda bother me.

Combat feels tight and reliable, but stiff in a way.

It’s in my Top 3 Action RPG’s of all time. I bought the game at launch and got to the chalice dungeons before I lost my disc and never revisited it. Really happy it’s a PS+ game. Now I can start over. Hopefully I can remember the things I need to remember about it. A++ Game.

For sure. I loved every minute I put into Dark Souls III, but I enjoyed BB even more. You'll hear no argument from me.
I didn't really like DS3 but to be fair, I never played the DLC. DS3 just didn't draw me in and the PVP was such a clusterfuck that it made the game unenjoyable at times.

I think the game I had the most fun with was DS2 followed by Bloodborne.

Downloaded for free yesterday. I've put an hour into it and couldn't even get to the first checkpoint. I got stuck in dreamland for 20 mins because I didn't know what to do. I'm not even sure if I know how to equip weapons? I thought I was a competent gamer until I started playing this game. Was very excited to download and now i'm not even sure if I want to give it a chance just from the disappointment I get from dying on literally the first or second enemy that I see. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back