The Danny Garcia Hate

You aren't stupid.

You do understand that Danny Garcia can have a great resume and still spend the majority of 5 years fighting the easiest opponents he possibly can. And that after losing to Thurman he took more than a full year off because Thurman was hurt and Garcia didn't want to fight anyone else in the meantime. And that a bloated Rios was a joke of a fight for a guy that just fought for multiple belts.

You also understand that reasonable people don't consider Loma the best ever. Or think he's some god of boxing. You just take the lamest opinion some idiot spouts and paint EVERYONE with it to try and make your shitty arguments stick. It doesn't work. Loma is a great boxer but he has 11 fights in divisions where even the top opponents aren't the most well known guys.

Obviously Garcia has a better resume. He's been fighting more than twice as long.

Obviously if you compare their first 11 fights Loma fighting guys with 308 wins and 27 losses shits all over Garcia fighting guys with 15 wins and 30 losses.
I don't agree with that. I don't think fighting for vacant titles and Lamont Peterson is a waste of a career.

I think Lomachenko is a great talent but he hasn't proven he's a great boxer in the historical sense yet. He's a pretty blatant cherry picker who never really did much to earn the right to cherry pick but you guys celebrate his resume like its Ray robinson minus the tomato cans. People always like to leave out his pro style fights in the Boxing World series or whatever they were. They were pro style fights.

Lomachenko made the decision to fight tough fights early on and thats admirable. But he lost one of them, never avenged it and it counts. Since then his opposition has been a let down and everyone knows it. Where's the criticism? Why aren't we posting gifs of him showboating against a 38 year old bantamweight and talking about how shameful it is? Why does he get a pass for calling out Gervonta Davis when Garcia and Linares are calling him out?

You know what it is. We have our favorites. I admit mine and I don't attach legend status to them because I like them.

He sounds annoying and dressing equally annoying, while having an annoying dad.

garcia couldve fought porter, brook instead of malignaggi and before kell was ruined by golovkin, bradley or pacquioa.

and your gatekeeper theory is hypocritical when it comes to loma. vasyl moved to 130 and immediately fought for the wbo belt that was held by the guy that defeated the only fighter to beat him. then was finally able to get a fight with walters who was the 126 champ.

no cherries for loma.
All fighters could have fought someone else at some point in their career.

Lomachenko fought Walters after he looked like trash 2 fights in a row. They turned him down when they were in the same weight class because he didn't have a title. But two shitty performance later and it has to happen. You put a rosy spin on what we'd call cherry picking for any other fighter. Rigondeaux fight never happen when they are a close in weight but suddenly its a meaningful fight to make when Lomachenko moves up another weight class.

Honestly, you want to talk about Garcia's recent resume? I'd rate Peterson and Thurman as bigger challenges than anything Lomachenko has accepted lately.

All fighters could have fought someone else at some point in their career.

Lomachenko fought Walters after he looked like trash 2 fights in a row. They turned him down when they were in the same weight class because he didn't have a title. But two shitty performance later and it has to happen. You put a rosy spin on what we'd call cherry picking for any other fighter. Rigondeaux fight never happen when they are a close in weight but suddenly its a meaningful fight to make when Lomachenko moves up another weight class.

Honestly, you want to talk about Garcia's recent resume? I'd rate Peterson and Thurman as bigger challenges than anything Lomachenko has accepted lately.

when did loma turn down walters. the axe murderer left 126 because he could no longer make the weight. and nicholas beat sosa, one of the worst decisions of 2015.

and rigo would not go to 126 when top rank tried to make the fight. it was only now that rigo took the fight in all likelihood because of money.

in reference to 147 peterson, his best win is over avansyan who was just ktfo by kavaliuskas. so by theory, since garcia is not going to fight porter even though shawn publically called him out, he could fight the lthuanian

but thats not going to happen, we all know its not going to happen

you dont go from a fat mexican to a lithuaaian machine, thats not the way it works

I don't dislike the kid, I tune in every time he fights. Fighting Salka, Malignaggi and especially Rios didn't do him any favors.

He had opportunities to fight some good guys and really put himself forward but failed to do so.

Angel has no effect on me regarding Danny.

Why does he get a pass for calling out Gervonta Davis when Garcia and Linares are calling him out?

You know what it is. We have our favorites. I admit mine and I don't attach legend status to them because I like them.

maybe because loma and davis are in the same weight class and gervonta davis is a world class fighter in his prime and natural weight class unlike peterson, guerrero, vargas, salka and malignaggi were when they fought garcia

maybe because loma and davis are in the same weight class and gervonta davis is a world class fighter in his prime and natural weight class unlike peterson, guerrero, vargas, salka and malignaggi?

Huh? Aside from Salka. All of those guys are welterweights and experienced WWs at that. 3 of the 5 are former champs at the weight. This argument isn't going well for you guys.
OK, Rigondeaux then. Why does Lomachenko get a pass for fighting an ancient BW at 130 pounds?

This is where 99% of it comes from truthfully lmao.

He is an ok boxer, who has exciting fights. Normally, I would be a big fan.

But he just seems like a total douche bag to me. He sounds like a moran

Huh? Aside from Salka. All of those guys are welterweights and experienced WWs at that. 3 of the 5 are former champs at the weight. This argument isn't going well for you guys.
OK, Rigondeaux then. Why does Lomachenko get a pass for fighting an ancient BW at 130 pounds?

because at the time of the fight rigo was regarded by some as p4p number 1 and trying to achieve greatness by jumping two weight classes to fight who most perceived to be the number one in his weight class.

very similar to when michael spinks fought holmes and hopkins fought tarver. jones jr win over ruiz was, imo, one of his best wins for this very reason.

and the guerrero that fought berto was not the same guererro that fought garcia. same for malignaggi and peterson had no wins at 147 over a top 10 ww.

none of this matters. garcia has to man up and fight porter or the lithuanian or go back to the farm and pick some more cherries like ortiz or the recovering drug addict alexander

maybe hell go after kamegai since the japanes guy taken the sufficient amount of punishment to fit his criteria

because at the time of the fight rigo was regarded by some as p4p number 1 and trying to achieve greatness by jumping two weight classes to fight who most perceived to be the number one in his weight class.

very similar to when michael spinks fought holmes and hopkins fought tarver. jones jr win over ruiz was, imo, one of his best wins for this very reason.

and the guerrero that fought berto was not the same guererro that fought garcia. same for malignaggi and peterson had no wins at 147 over a top 10 ww.

none of this matters. garcia has to man up and fight porter or the lithuanian or go back to the farm and pick some more cherries like ortiz or the recovering drug addict alexander

maybe hell go after kamegai since the japanes guy taken the sufficient amount of punishment to fit his criteria
Its only impressive when the smaller guy wins. Win the bigger guy wins, its a mismatch.

He is an ok boxer, who has exciting fights. Normally, I would be a big fan.

But he just seems like a total douche bag to me. He sounds like a moran
Hes one of my favorites to watch.

It boggles my mind that you can fight at the highest levels successfully throwing punches with your eyes closed and head down.

Its almost like hes trolling us lol.

Hes one of my favorites to watch.

It boggles my mind that you can fight at the highest levels successfully throwing punches with your eyes closed and head down.

Its almost like hes trolling us lol.
I like watching him too. He's sloppy but he's hardly ever in a bad fight.

I was mentioning to someone else the other day, he's so awkward that he reminds me of a lefty fighting orthodox.

I like watching him too. He's sloppy but he's hardly ever in a bad fight.

I was mentioning to someone else the other day, he's so awkward that he reminds me of a lefty fighting orthodox.
That was me, I was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure if he's a converted orthodox or he just throws his whole body into his hook so that it seems like he's left handed b/c it's by far his most effective/favorite punch. He does have good pop in his right hand too, tho.

Most of the time it's easier to tell but he's so awkward it's difficult for me to decipher with him. Usually guys don't rely on their weak hand as much as Danny does if he does happen to be a classic orthodox.

The fact that he throws his hook in such a weird way actually makes me think he's right handed and just uses all of his body to put as much torque as possible into the leverage on his hook. It's not the way you teach somebody to throw it but he's obv made it work well for himself.

Last edited:
Back