The day Mickey Gall, Jim Miller and Brian McLaughlin made Dillon Danis Cry

I’m a little confused, we’re talking about adults right?

Danis and Gall in the same room? Strong argument for a drone strike imo

I’m a little confused, we’re talking about adults right?

tNTmT5Xn8rXRonNvkh3l36sFzaqNc71MTouV4w9rKbu0uXfoXy2XPypD6nWRyouELTdqlY-82O36dEyVF5gruzEvclBPdAR5W4eE2uo-dSAJOS-9TVu3BuFfgSPFj0MCwPBGeX3wGZcJUoGUEjZ-rvo=w250-h188-nc

Danis got his 5 minutes of fame when he pretended he was about to enter mma. Hes all talk

If you watch Dillions stand up training sessions he comes close to CM Punk level of talent. Imo he tried to get into mma but just had to realize his lack of talent.

i’m calling BS on this one.... how old was dillon at the time, 16? he would never talked shit to Jimmy- he looked up to him.. If you were an AMA guy you would be pulling for him not trying to clown him

so your club beats up beginners? nice

Danis is a cocky dude but I wish him success regardless.

As a REAL member of the AMA Fight Club MMA team I feel obligated to post. Dillion Danis was never a part of the "MMA" team at AMA. He did Jiu jitsu with Sensei Jamie Cruz. He would occasionally do the Friday morning little gloves MMA grappling class; but never step foot in the hard sparring classes. One day being cocky, acting too big for his britches (Dillon was beginning to have some success in Jiu jitsu), he was talking shit to Jim Miller. Dillion was saying he would tap Jim Miller. That day he received a serious beating, being tapped out numerous times by Jim Miller and Brian McLaughlin and sent crying.

I can remember another instance when Mickey Gall and Dillion were wrestling on the ground, Mickey stood up, calling Dillion to his feet, after one or two punches Dillion replied "dude I just do Jiu jitsu” Mickey replied “this is mma class” Mickey then continued to hit him until he turned his back fled the mat. Jim, Mickey, and Brian are all legitimate tough guys and real MMA fighters who have proudly represented us and fought MMA under the AMA fight club banner, Dillon was ALLOWED to practice with them one day a week.

Everyone involved sounds like a prick, you worst of all :(

Not my kind of fighter but I generally don't dislike bipolar sufferers.

So basically hes your standard unremarkable bjj bro going up against guys who can actually fight

I'm sorry dude, but you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Dillon has wins over Edwin Najmi, Patrick Gaudio, Josh Hinger, Murilo Santana, and Jackson Sousa, and only loses to elite black belts.

I wouldn't consider him in the elite, but he's definitely a very high level BJJ black belt.

Anyone actually in the bjj world, and those who are true fans of the art, know full reality about Danis.. and that truth goes along with what TS posted, nor are the Gall rumors of making Danis basically quit on the mat, anything new to those in the community. Danis has an above avg skill set in the gi, but is very far from elite in any aspect of grappling. And for those who don't know the grappling skill set of Miller outside of mma, please educate yourself.

I see the uninformed saying he is better then Jake.. that is simply a casual giving uneducated opinion in saying such.

I'm sorry dude, but you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Dillon has wins over Edwin Najmi, Patrick Gaudio, Josh Hinger, Murilo Santana, and Jackson Sousa, and only loses to elite black belts.

I wouldn't consider him in the elite, but he's definitely a very high level BJJ black belt.

My comment was really about the difference between being good at bjj and being good at mma. If you are going to talk shit like danis does you better be a bjj god for any of that to matter when guys are out to kick you in the head. With his tough guy posturing hes basically a metrosexual stephen seagal

Wow, I'm super late to the party, but this thread was just brought to my attention.

I do remember the day in question where I was told to put it on a very young Dillon. You know who I wish didn't remember that day? Dillon Danis, because he has been making me pay for it every roll since.

Dillon's persona is off-putting for very understandable reasons, I find him very different in person and have a good relationship with him. However, regardless of what you think of his self-promotion his skill on the mat is absolutely undeniable. the line that separates him from the very best in the world is extremely small and so long as he continues to train hard it will quickly disappear.

I can remember maybe a year-and-a-half after the day in question where I got the better of Dillon we were doing our submission only finished to class, where everyone grabbed a partner and if you tapped out your day was over. We would keep doing this until only one person was left standing. Typically, being a decent Jiu-Jitsu guy I did fairly well in these contests. On that day I tapped everyone until Dillon and I locked up, the whole room looked on as he guillotined me. I flipped and rolled every which way and tapped just before I would have passed out. Everyone was in shock and accused me of being a nice guy and letting Dillon get one over on me. Despite telling everyone it was 100% legit they didn't believe me.

Fast forward six months and Dillon tapped out a former UFC heavyweight champion who also had won gold in ADCC.

Kid is legit, any taps I was able to land on him we're simply a product of being at the right place at the right time. Dillon is legit and I wish him the best...even if I face palm at every tweet he makes

Wow, I'm super late to the party, but this thread was just brought to my attention.

I do remember the day in question where I was told to put it on a very young Dillon. You know who I wish didn't remember that day? Dillon Danis, because he has been making me pay for it every roll since.

Dillon's persona is off-putting for very understandable reasons, I find him very different in person and have a good relationship with him. However, regardless of what you think of his self-promotion his skill on the mat is absolutely undeniable. the line that separates him from the very best in the world is extremely small and so long as he continues to train hard it will quickly disappear.

I can remember maybe a year-and-a-half after the day in question where I got the better of Dillon we were doing our submission only finished to class, where everyone grabbed a partner and if you tapped out your day was over. We would keep doing this until only one person was left standing. Typically, being a decent Jiu-Jitsu guy I did fairly well in these contests. On that day I tapped everyone until Dillon and I locked up, the whole room looked on as he guillotined me. I flipped and rolled every which way and tapped just before I would have passed out. Everyone was in shock and accused me of being a nice guy and letting Dillon get one over on me. Despite telling everyone it was 100% legit they didn't believe me.

Fast forward six months and Dillon tapped out a former UFC heavyweight champion who also had won gold in ADCC.

Kid is legit, any taps I was able to land on him we're simply a product of being at the right place at the right time. Dillon is legit and I wish him the best...even if I face palm at every tweet he makes
Thanks for taking the time to post.

Excellent post thanks for the info.

Back