The difference between Connie and DC's division "stalling"

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There have been a number of posts saying that DC should be stripped as he's stalling the division.

That's hard af to call that stalling.

Stalling is when Connie had the FW belt and despite having a slew of contenders, decided not to defend and fight for the LW belt. After getting that belt, and again despite about a million monsters in the division, he chose not to defend.

That's the very definition of stalling a division.

DC has no clear contender in either division.

The arguments of Gus or Blaydes, even despite my wanting to see those fights, are flimsy at best.

If DC had some contender that was just spitting fire and tearing everyone up, then I'm sure he would take the fight but that's just not the case.

Not only that, but DC has been fighting a regular fight pace at 2 per year and he might get a 3rd by years end.

Does anyone else think they are distinctly different cases or do you just lump then both in the category of stalling?

Shut up and Defend or Vacate they said.

Conor-McGregor-777961.jpg

Last edited:
Again, DC will defend, just no clear contender.

You guys talk as if this is a sport where the league rules must be adhered to. No union, no rules.

Defending is overrated. Anyone can defend, not everyone can be a champ champ.

DC needs to go up and convince Dana into making a Super Heavyweight division just so he can move up and collect another belt.

Gus is the clear contender, DC has somehow convinced people he's not

DC set a retirement date for March 2019
Brawk can't fight until January
DC isn't gonna fight Brawk and then quickly take a LHW fight in March so a LHW title defense has to be some time soon in 2018 or never

If no one is currently worthy then that isn't gonna change in the near future.

He was the heaviest he's been since his Strikeforce days and has no intentions of going back to 205 imo, he just wants to go into the Brawk fight with both belts and retire with both belts which I don't mind but don't pretend he's any better than Conor with 2 belts.

Colin fans are just mad he got stripped from his 2 manlet belts because he's a too much of a pussy ass and too shook to defend.

DC has 2 man belts, and he'll defend when the time comes.

DC isn't gonna fight Brawk and then quickly take a LHW fight in March so a LHW title defense some time soon in 2018 or never

He was the heaviest he's been since his Strikeforce days and has no intentions of going back to 205 imo, he just wants to go into the Brawk fight with both belts and retire with both belts which I don't mind but don't pretend he's any better than Conor with 2 belts.

Anyone he fights, it will be for the belt, so the difference is he will be defending.

Colin fans are just mad he got stripped from his 2 manlet belts because he's a too much of a pussy ass and too shook to defend.

DC has 2 man belts, and he'll defend when the time comes.

24D84CD1-3E05-43B3-ACDE-71157845843A.gif

Promote this man out of this white belt status bc he is clearly on a higher level that most of sherdog.

Ts is kinda right, but since the Mendes fight, every Conor fight, hes had nothing to lose really. Aldo was champ. Nate was at an imaginary weight really, same with the rematch. Alvarez was champ, and had Conor lost, he still held the fw belt, I think. Mayweather fight..well obviously. Even now, hes fighting for Khabibs belt. Pretty fucking smart if you think about it, and I root vs him pretty much every time

Anyone he fights, it will be for the belt, so the difference is he will be defending.
The difference is that the most financially beneficial fight happens to be a title defense for DC, there was no Brawk @ 155 for Conor

DC first so-called title defense as a double champ will be against a guy who doesn't have a win since 2010...But Gus isn't deserving, right?

Daniel has defended his title 3 times.

DC isn't gonna fight Brawk and then quickly take a LHW fight in March so a LHW title defense has to be some time soon in 2018 or never

No Gus is not a clear contender and DC already beat him. Gus has had 2 title shots and lost both. Gus hasn’t shown anything since the dc fight that makes the fight more intriguing than the first. Gus hasn’t improved. There’s no reason DC should feel obliged to fight Gus again.

001_Daniel_Cormier_vs_Alexander_Gustafsson.0.0.jpg

Gus has defeated 2 fighters since that loss 3 years ago
Jan Blachowicz and Glover Teixeira... lol

I've never seen a fighter get more hype for not winning fights in my life.

001_Daniel_Cormier_vs_Alexander_Gustafsson.0.0.jpg

Gus has defeated 2 fighters since that loss 3 years ago
Jan Blachowicz and Glover Teixeira... lol

I've never seen a fighter get more hype for not winning fights in my life.
Brock Lesnar is deserving tho
<puh-lease75>

Conor is fighting Khabib.

DC is fighting fucking Brock Lesnar.

That fool cheats and STILL cartwheels into turtle.

Back