The disappointing match of Buakaw vs Yi Long.

parrythehate

your mother is so ugly, it effects her self esteem
@Orange
Reaction score
The fraud vs the legend...

The first couple of matches were alright, the dude from Belarous or basically the white dude who does muay thai was fucking excellent!!! Good counters, cuts off the ring, high kicks executed flawlessly!!! He wins two fights that night. I feel like he should be the standard to what western MT fighters should do. I still have hope for muay thai against kickboxing and sanshou.

But lets get down two what we wanted to watch Buakaw vs Yi long. The build up was amazing, you could say its the chinese version of Pacquiao vs Mayweather, in fact they showed a clip of that fight as well. As the match begins Yi long's awkward fighting style proves difficult for the veteran Buakaw. Being tripped and hit many times. The first round I would say definitely Yi long. Buakaw did come back during the first round but I say Yi long did more. Second round was basically Buakaw doing the fundamentals, knee the puncher. A lot of the knees actually affected Yi long, buakaw gets the second round. Third round buakaw still controls the fight that is until he gets hit with a spinning back fist, or arm. I've seen buakaw defeat Enriko Kehl, a dude who makes his money on spinning back fist or elbows. How did this happen? Well maybe Yi long hid this move well, or buakaw got careless. It actually happen twice. Even though buakaw did well enough to dominate the third round, i felt that it should of gone to extra round. In fact I want to see a rematch. This was no blow out, this was an embarrassment. Through out many fights i felt like buakaw isnt the same man as he used to be: Methodical, Strategizing, quick and controlling. Here is the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enkTBXxzkJE

The third round is hard to judge. I agree, an extra round would have been nice, although I think the Chinese didn't want Buakaw to pull another stunt by exiting the ring without fighting.

The fraud vs the legend...

The first couple of matches were alright, the dude from Belarous or basically the white dude who does muay thai was fucking excellent!!! Good counters, cuts off the ring, high kicks executed flawlessly!!! He wins two fights that night. I feel like he should be the standard to what western MT fighters should do. I still have hope for muay thai against kickboxing and sanshou.

But lets get down two what we wanted to watch Buakaw vs Yi long. The build up was amazing, you could say its the chinese version of Pacquiao vs Mayweather, in fact they showed a clip of that fight as well. As the match begins Yi long's awkward fighting style proves difficult for the veteran Buakaw. Being tripped and hit many times. The first round I would say definitely Yi long. Buakaw did come back during the first round but I say Yi long did more. Second round was basically Buakaw doing the fundamentals, knee the puncher. A lot of the knees actually affected Yi long, buakaw gets the second round. Third round buakaw still controls the fight that is until he gets hit with a spinning back fist, or arm. I've seen buakaw defeat Enriko Kehl, a dude who makes his money on spinning back fist or elbows. How did this happen? Well maybe Yi long hid this move well, or buakaw got careless. It actually happen twice. Even though buakaw did well enough to dominate the third round, i felt that it should of gone to extra round. In fact I want to see a rematch. This was no blow out, this was an embarrassment. Through out many fights i felt like buakaw isnt the same man as he used to be: Methodical, Strategizing, quick and controlling. Here is the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enkTBXxzkJE

I think you should take it up with him personally..

I don't know, I thought Buakaw took r2 and 3 pretty comfortably - not looking great but as you mentioned, Yi Long is pretty fucking awkward.

With that said I don't think neither Yi Long or Buakaw is relevant anymore (if the former ever was).

Buakaw's been irrelevant for such a long time now that his continued presence in the ring is sad, more than anything else. Watching this fight just after the Sittichai fights was twice as depressing as usual.

Last edited:
I was dissapointed with his performance but still think he won pretty clearly.

If he gets any tougher opponents in kunlun he will definitely lose alotta fights though... he just seems careless and not motivated to fight

Buakaw's been irrelevant for such a long time now that his continued presence in the ring is sad, more than anything else. Watching this fight just after the Sittichai fights was twice as depressing as usual.

Ladies and gentlemen, there we have Brocky V13.0

How smug and self-congratulatory you are. Presumably that's some troll who always hates on Buakaw or something. You'll notice my account's a year and a half old, so I'm your average lurker, not an alt. Don't try and demean me just because you dislike my opinion.

I actually liked Buakaw and always did, otherwise I wouldn't keep watching him in the hope he produces something decent. It's just hard to argue with the fact that he's no longer competitive and hasn't been for years. He's slow, passionless, and fights cans for fake fans. If you completely deny that, you're certainly more of a troll than I am.

Last edited:
Brocky totally didn't reg accounts to start using them later...
Dunno if ur him or not yet but we'll see soon enough.

someone's suffering of multiple account personality disorder...

someone's suffering of multiple account personality disorder...

Wow, this place is circle-jerky as hell. CONGRATULATIONS, BOYS! Y'all got me, how embarrassing! Gold stars for all, and anyone else who also jumps in and repeats the same accusation. Before I (the famed Brocky) create another (oh, me) account so people don't abuse me, can someone actually make an attempt at explaining why what I wrote is heresy, or do we not respond to me (Brocky) here? Essentially all I said was that Buakaw is disappointing and all of a sudden the very clever internet sleuths (thought police?) are in full force.

It's very good that you people treat newcomers and people with different opinions like this. It's the pinnacle of open discussion and tolerance. Next you'll be telling me that this is proof that I'm Brocky, because he (of course, I) gets defensive and rude when he gets attacked too, right? Perfect proof.

If anyone feels like engaging me like a human being, I'd like to add in all seriousness - Buakaw, I love the guy. I've subscribed to his channel, and I like his naive and goofy personality, though he's the opposite in the ring, in a good way. I loved his old fights, but if you can show me one genuine fight he's had in about half a decade apart from the K-1 final he walked out on... well... to be honest, I'd be pleased more than anything. But I'd also be really surprised because I'm fairly sure I've watched them all. Like I said, I watch him in the hopes of seeing a real fight - one where he fights a real opponent, and one where he engages himself, without just fighting over-emotionally and aggressively like he has been doing.

he's right, weak perfomance by Buakaw. can't blame him, he's getting older and doing more money in other projects of his.

thats the thing thats gets to me. if hes on his last leg of fighting and doing other things why fight in such a manner? Why fight at all? He actually wanted this fight as well. he should of done better.

I don't know, I thought Buakaw took r2 and 3 pretty comfortably - not looking great but as you mentioned, Yi Long is pretty fucking awkward.

With that said I don't think neither Yi Long or Buakaw is relevant anymore (if the former ever was).

thats what i fear that buakaw will not be relevant anymore. but he has a legacy. I felt like the second round was definitely his. Third round Yi long earned an extra round though.

he's right, weak perfomance by Buakaw. can't blame him, he's getting older and doing more money in other projects of his.

Thank you. I mean, I wouldn't even mind someone telling me their opposing opinion, but it's not even that. I literally have only an educated guess at who Brocky is and what he might have said, so this shit is just weird to me.

Someone please bans this poor man.

Whatever dude, if it makes you so happy to imagine that you and your little mateys sussed me out, then go for it. For the record, I've never gone to a forum and aired such an uncontroversial opinion as this one and been met with such immature animosity. If you're going to drive me out because you think I'm some alt account, then by all means, gg, you win. I don't derive pleasure from fighting forum wars, so unless I have a complete brain fart and forget about this conversation, there won't be any more posts from me. Laters.

ban me? did i do something wrong?

Probably referring to me.

Wow, this place is circle-jerky as hell. CONGRATULATIONS, BOYS! Y'all got me, how embarrassing! Gold stars for all, and anyone else who also jumps in and repeats the same accusation. Before I (the famed Brocky) create another (oh, me) account so people don't abuse me, can someone actually make an attempt at explaining why what I wrote is heresy, or do we not respond to me (Brocky) here? Essentially all I said was that Buakaw is disappointing and all of a sudden the very clever internet sleuths (thought police?) are in full force.

It's very good that you people treat newcomers and people with different opinions like this. It's the pinnacle of open discussion and tolerance. Next you'll be telling me that this is proof that I'm Brocky, because he (of course, I) gets defensive and rude when he gets attacked too, right? Perfect proof.

If anyone feels like engaging me like a human being, I'd like to add in all seriousness - Buakaw, I love the guy. I've subscribed to his channel, and I like his naive and goofy personality, though he's the opposite in the ring, in a good way. I loved his old fights, but if you can show me one genuine fight he's had in about half a decade apart from the K-1 final he walked out on... well... to be honest, I'd be pleased more than anything. But I'd also be really surprised because I'm fairly sure I've watched them all. Like I said, I watch him in the hopes of seeing a real fight - one where he fights a real opponent, and one where he engages himself, without just fighting over-emotionally and aggressively like he has been doing.

I wish i could take my whole life as seriously as you're taking this.

agree. Buakaw wasb always a slow starter and got seriously hurt early on by Dida when he was younger but he looked old. And Yi long did better than expected tbf I thought Buakaw won the 3rd he was more consistent but it was far from an easy fight and if you really did score even rounds you could make an argument to have this go to a 4th but Buakaw winning is ok.

Still no one expected this fight to be competitive and it was though.

Buakaw is only in it for the money at this point but i guess that's ok at this point.

But it also seems that the Chinese kickboxing scene is hugely underrated.
Yi Long gave an old Buakaw a good fight and Bian beat Simon Marcus as easily as no one ever.

I'm really starting to rate the Chinese kickboxing scene their fighters just don'tg get much exposure internationally.

I wish Glory would sign Bian

Back