The disappointing match of Buakaw vs Yi Long.

he's right, weak perfomance by Buakaw. can't blame him, he's getting older and doing more money in other projects of his.

yea buakaw looked like shit yesterday. I really think he just didn't train because he didn't look near as bad against yuan bin and that was only 5 weeks ago

wsAbandon isn't wrong. I mean, the best fighter he's fought in close to 6 years has been Enriko Kehl and in that time has only fought a few decent fighters. He's more of a traveling act than a serious fighter.

I saw this fight and for me he won all the 3 rounds,Yi Long made pretty nothing,only two sweeps(who cant count points in a kickboxing match) and this spinning back elbow(yes,it was a elbow,and it was illegal,but probably the judge dont saw it.)

The rest Buakaw was just playing with him and landing combinations,Buakaw looked bad?

Yes!

He is not training for a fight,and fought bad like when he fought with Yuan Bin,he is training more for a movie....

Dude already have 33 years old,really dont care anymore about who he will fight,he is only making money.

He look on a good shape,but he is clearly slow on the fight,not because he gassed out,i think he almost dont made sparring and pads since he fought with Yuan Bin,it count a lot in the time of the fight,to do the fight sharp

Another thing you can see was Yi Long clinching him a lot to stop the fight,he looked like afraid for me,it was fun

Agree with Mafanofe. Long went apeshit in the first 30 seconds, catching Buakaw a few times, then spent the rest of the fight stumbling around getting clobbered. It was ugly, Buakaw looked sloppy and out of shape, but no way Long won any of those rounds.

I saw this fight and for me he won all the 3 rounds,Yi Long made pretty nothing,only two sweeps(who cant count points in a kickboxing match) and this spinning back elbow(yes,it was a elbow,and it was illegal,but probably the judge dont saw it.)

The rest Buakaw was just playing with him and landing combinations,Buakaw looked bad?

Yes!

He is not training for a fight,and fought bad like when he fought with Yuan Bin,he is training more for a movie....

Dude already have 33 years old,really dont care anymore about who he will fight,he is only making money.

He look on a good shape,but he is clearly slow on the fight,not because he gassed out,i think he almost dont made sparring and pads since he fought with Yuan Bin,it count a lot in the time of the fight,to do the fight sharp

Another thing you can see was Yi Long clinching him a lot to stop the fight,he looked like afraid for me,it was fun

Dang I forgot that dumping and tripping mean no points in KB, then yeah Buakaw had all the rounds. That spinning back fist, was intentionally supposed to be a back fist, where it landed on yi longs arm, it was illegal. But even then Yi long did that move twice. Buakaw may have won all the rounds but not in an intelligent manner. Thats what made buakaw awesome was his patient intelligence. That shit is gone now. Caution to the wind...

Buakaw was only performing at 50%. You could tell the Chinese convinced him to make it look competitive with some bribery. It was almost a work.

Its not really rare to see previously great fighters step in the ring in bad shape and try to win the fight relying on their superior experience. I think thats what buakaw did. No way in hell he will be training like in his K-1 max days.

You guys are just coming up with excuses to deny Yi Long's greatness.

Bring on Petrosyan.

Yi Long's concentrated chi orbs (which he shoots from his forehead), are what made Buakaw sluggish.

Buakaw was paid to make the fight look competitive.
agree with you, thats the only explanation for his sloppyness. Not really motivited. We could feel that Yi Long was badly hurt many times and Buakaw just let it go. I don't blame Buakaw to fight and get some money. It's not like he's fighting in America with full sponsorships. He probably don't have much like 99% of fighters.

The fraud vs the legend...

The first couple of matches were alright, the dude from Belarous or basically the white dude who does muay thai was fucking excellent!!! Good counters, cuts off the ring, high kicks executed flawlessly!!! He wins two fights that night. I feel like he should be the standard to what western MT fighters should do. I still have hope for muay thai against kickboxing and sanshou.

But lets get down two what we wanted to watch Buakaw vs Yi long. The build up was amazing, you could say its the chinese version of Pacquiao vs Mayweather, in fact they showed a clip of that fight as well. As the match begins Yi long's awkward fighting style proves difficult for the veteran Buakaw. Being tripped and hit many times. The first round I would say definitely Yi long. Buakaw did come back during the first round but I say Yi long did more. Second round was basically Buakaw doing the fundamentals, knee the puncher. A lot of the knees actually affected Yi long, buakaw gets the second round. Third round buakaw still controls the fight that is until he gets hit with a spinning back fist, or arm. I've seen buakaw defeat Enriko Kehl, a dude who makes his money on spinning back fist or elbows. How did this happen? Well maybe Yi long hid this move well, or buakaw got careless. It actually happen twice. Even though buakaw did well enough to dominate the third round, i felt that it should of gone to extra round. In fact I want to see a rematch. This was no blow out, this was an embarrassment. Through out many fights i felt like buakaw isnt the same man as he used to be: Methodical, Strategizing, quick and controlling. Here is the fight:

I actually agree with you. IMO buakaw kinda lost that fight, he kinda looks as bad as yi long

buakaw contract was err "special" but also still recovering from may injury.he basically trained a week before all fights this year.
it's nice too see how much this fight backfired yi long actually.

LOL at you clowns who think looking shabby against the Master Killer is anything but normal.

Hel-lo people - SHaolin Monk? The guys the gods taught to fight?

smh.

Back