The Dive Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with a fight like Penn/Hughes 3, is that it will be shoved down our throats and it doesnt matter. I will watch it, it may be a good fight, but it still dont matter. I just dont really get the match making at UFC lately. The Toney debacle, Franklin catch weight fights, long TUF lay offs. It just seems like we get 1-2 cards a month but its all just spinning wheels.

With the roster they have we should be getting title fights and elimination fights every month.

Just add 10lbs to SQ and DL, and 5lbs to BP and OH. If you use that spreadsheet, the stronger you are, the faster it has your gains, which is completely backwards. I have the same spreadsheet, what I'd do is use it to calculate 4 weeks at a time, and then you re-input your training maxes as 5-10lbs higher. Or you could find a spreadsheet that does things correctly. Or lower the percents so that you get reasonable numbers.

Thanks. I think I'll just add lbs every 4 weeks. I admit that I really liked seeing my inflated projected 16 week max displayed though I never thought I'd be able to add 100 lbs to my PR in 4 months.

Where is the spreadsheet you guys are mentioning? I'd like to get a copy of it.

My problem with a fight like Penn/Hughes 3, is that it will be shoved down our throats and it doesnt matter. I will watch it, it may be a good fight, but it still dont matter. I just dont really get the match making at UFC lately. The Toney debacle, Franklin catch weight fights, long TUF lay offs. It just seems like we get 1-2 cards a month but its all just spinning wheels.

With the roster they have we should be getting title fights and elimination fights every month.

I agree. The catchweight bouts are very annoying in the UFC. With the depth they have on their roster they almost should never have to be made, other promotions can get away with it because it provides the matchups they need to sell events. It would be nice to see a change with or from the TUF series. Bringing in retired fighters or well known coaches would improve the show for me, and will not tie up titles for up to a year at a time.

I skipped a day of lifting yesterday. I haven't done that for a very long time.

Now that school has started back up, I have to. It sucks, man.

I think I'm going to try to use it to my advantage and go for a couple PRs tomorrow. I doubt I'm ever fully recovered from the previous session, so maybe this will be a good thing. My reason for skipping lifting was that I ate too much chinese food. Lol.

MSG overload!

I'm of the weird camp that can't eat within 2 hours of working out. I get close to puking otherwise.

I normally eat a light dinner on lifting days and lift about an hour and a half later. I fucked up last night and forgot to cook the rice that we were going to have with tilapia. My wife doesn't like tilapia anyways, so it was a good excuse to go out. I had two big ass plates of peanut butter chicken, a bunch of teriyaki chicken on a stick, an eggroll, a lot of broccoli, 2 things of crab ragoon, and a lot of rice. I felt like passing out at the booth.

^ crab rangoons kick ASS.

I train like absolute shit if I don't have a totally empty stomach. When I was younger it didn't matter much, but as I've slimmed down over the years and gotten older, I need my system emptied out to train or I wish I was dead the entire time.

Where is the spreadsheet you guys are mentioning? I'd like to get a copy of it.

I don't know if it is the one they are talking about but the stronglifts website has a free speadsheet similar to what they are referring. I have it but don't use it.

I normally eat a light dinner on lifting days and lift about an hour and a half later. I fucked up last night and forgot to cook the rice that we were going to have with tilapia. My wife doesn't like tilapia anyways, so it was a good excuse to go out. I had two big ass plates of peanut butter chicken, a bunch of teriyaki chicken on a stick, an eggroll, a lot of broccoli, 2 things of crab ragoon, and a lot of rice. I felt like passing out at the booth.

Eggrolls and crab ragoon sounds pretty good right now. I'd take a bowl of won ton soup too. I usually eat till I'm sick when I go to the local Asian buffet in town. They have a sushi station that I absolutely destroy. I can eat sushi faster than the guys can make it.

I have to keep track of what I eat on Fitday for a week for a school project.

My nutrition teacher is going to shit her pants when she sees at least a 1/2 gallon of milk and a dozen eggs a day.

My nutrition teacher is going to shit her pants when she sees at least a 1/2 gallon of milk and a dozen eggs a day.

My boxing coached was shocked when I handed him my Fitday reports. His head almost exploded when he saw I had over 100g of fat in my diet some days. He tried to tell me I should have less than 25 grams of fat per day. I shook my ahead in agreement, but inside I was yelling, "Hell no".

When she looks up in horror, give her that Clint Eastwood glare.

Clint_Eastwood_9b52.jpg

Last edited:
You should throw a day of heavy binge drinking in there for lulz.

^ crab rangoons kick ASS.

I train like absolute shit if I don't have a totally empty stomach. When I was younger it didn't matter much, but as I've slimmed down over the years and gotten older, I need my system emptied out to train or I wish I was dead the entire time.

I need food - I can eat right before going to the gym and it will be fine. On an empty stomach though, I can't lift anything. And it's empty after like an hour.

Yeah I had a late lunch yesterday, then ate 1/4 of a large homemade chick pot pie like 45 minutes before my MT class. Thankfully the first half of class was technique and not crazy conditioning, and by the time we started sparring my stomach was settled. I always eat before I lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back