The Dolce Diet

I know this thread is old as hell, but I personally think what he has to write may be interesting. This is a guy that went from a 180 lbs high school wrestler, to a 280 lbs powerlifter, back down to a 170 lbs mma fighter. The guy knows how to manipulate a diet to fit goals.

Exactly, I don't know why everyone is acting like it was a stupid question. I guess it's a lot easier to just post a dumb picture and not have to think of an answer.

Its much cooler in this forum to mock someone in a sarcastic manner.

Anyone found out what the diet is all about yet?

Here is a review from one of the guys on the forum that I run
So me and my buddy both decided about the same time to get in better shape, even made a bet on who would lose more weight. Well, he ended up buying the Dolce Diet book and brought it to work for me to take a look at. Honestly, unless you plan on spending $1300 on the personalized plan, it is pretty much worthless. Half of the book is talking about his weight cut and what he ate. (and it says not to go by what he did because it was unnatural) I guess the best part of it is that it lists what to buy when you go shopping, though a lot is common sense. The rest is pretty much saying throw away your junkfood, and gives you a place to write down what you eat

Haven't been on here but this is definitely not worth $40

It's basically a work book/meal log that is $40 for 45 pages...

Horrible Horrible deal the "meat" of the "book" is about 20 pages, I could check but honestly I'm too annoyed to want to.

Nothing at all is new in this book

eat lean, don't eat junk, and you can lose weight...

there is absolutely nothing in here, do not buy this.

This "book" could easily be an article on a blog site...

Haven't been on here but this is definitely not worth $40

It's basically a work book/meal log that is $40 for 45 pages...

Horrible Horrible deal the "meat" of the "book" is about 20 pages, I could check but honestly I'm too annoyed to want to.

This "book" could easily be an article on a blog site...

I agree. It's a pretty steep price for what you get. However, if you're struggling with your weight and completely clueless, it's something to check out. He basically outlines what he ate for three weeks leading up to his fight in the IFL. If you follow that diet plan, you're guaranteed results.

There's no magic food to lose weight, it's all about eating clean and not cheating.

It is just that people need to be told that over and over again, and they are willing to pay for it.

so are his principles the same as others as in, cut out a certain proportion of carbs, eat alkaline (lotsa greens), portion control yadda yadda yadda? I don't need to spend more money to find that out....or is there something in there that no one else has figured out?

Use a 2000 year old diet plan that can be summed up in the phrase "Eat to live, don't live to eat". Meaning, don't eat more than you need to comfortably keep yourself alive. That's it, with regards to controlling weight.

Here is a review from one of the guys on the forum that I run

You know, I would @ least figure he would describe a basic carb-cycle plan in the book, like a TKD diet where you time your carb intake around your workouts.

IMO, just google Lyle McDonald, and you will find more information on dieting than you would ever want to know. He takes a very scientifically-minded approach as far as specifying what is shown to 'work', and also weighs in on the practicality of each dieting strategy. Even if diet is common sense to you, and not problematic, Lyle's writings provide a good reference to check on to get ideas, eliminate, or fine-tune things.

I just wanted to bump this to say that I read a little more from him. It seems like he just consistently talks about himself instead of ever giving any advice. This was from the "Train Hard, Fight Easy" magazine. I also am starting to believe that he is completely full of shit. In this particular article, he talks of his old powerlifting days and such. He's basically knocking the lifestyle he had when he was very heavy. He talks about achieving an 800 lbs squat (I believe suited) and his other strength feats. He then goes onto talk about slimming down. He says he feels much better, and he can still squat 500 lbs for 20 reps without a belt or wraps at 192 lbs. I call bullshit.

I just wanted to bump this to say that I read a little more from him. It seems like he just consistently talks about himself instead of ever giving any advice. This was from the "Train Hard, Fight Easy" magazine. I also am starting to believe that he is completely full of shit. In this particular article, he talks of his old powerlifting days and such. He's basically knocking the lifestyle he had when he was very heavy. He talks about achieving an 800 lbs squat (I believe suited) and his other strength feats. He then goes onto talk about slimming down. He says he feels much better, and he can still squat 500 lbs for 20 reps without a belt or wraps at 192 lbs. I call bullshit.

20 reps of 500lbs, I`d like to see that before i belive it

20 reps of 500lbs, I`d like to see that before i belive it

It just reeks of bullshit for someone who weighs 192 lbs and puts very little focus into heavy lifting anymore. When someone lies like that, they lose all credibility in my eyes. I just figured I'd share on the bullshit alert. It's a shame because as you can see by my first post in this thread, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I call bullshit on the 20 reps of 500lb squats at 192lbs

Fred Hatfield (aka Dr squat) did 14 reps at 500lbs at around the same weight as Dolce. Tom Platz did 23 reps of 500lbs and hes regarded as one of the best at repping squats ever and he had a proper powerlifting style belt.

He says he feels much better, and he can still squat 500 lbs for 20 reps without a belt or wraps at 192 lbs. I call bullshit.

Agreed. I'll eat my words when I see it. But I think I will go hungry.

I should post what he claimed he ate to get to 280 lbs as well. All in all, his credibility is shot in my eyes.

Doesn't he post here sometimes or is it just someone he employs? I'd love to hear him try to back up his claims.

I should post what he claimed he ate to get to 280 lbs as well. All in all, his credibility is shot in my eyes.

Doesn't he post here sometimes or is it just someone he employs? I'd love to hear him try to back up his claims.

There was an odd post not too long ago. Some guy started a thread saying it was bs, and some dude claiming to be mike was defending his "product".

I agree, it reeks of BS, and there is no info or pictures from his powerlifting days

There's really no reason anyone should be able to make and capitalize on claims like that in this day and age. You say you can squat 500x20? Cool, bro. Post a vid on YouTube. There's no reason for anyone to take anyone else at his or her word when they make a seemingly preposterous claim that can be so easily substantiated, if there is in fact any truth to it.

I would highly doubt that he's squatting 500 lbs x 10, let alone 20. The entire article is pretty ridiculous to be honest. The claims for what he was eating to get to 280 lbs seems extremely exaggerated as well. I actually was interested in things that he had to say until I read this. Now I just realized most of his talking is without substance and probably lies.

Back