Opinion The downfall of western morals started with our foreign policy

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I posit, that the downfall of western morals, and hence a less corrupt western society, began with our foreign policy.

That when we justified employing the worst of Nazi spies, to combat communism, that we lost our moral authority.

That all the way back to WWI, and a war that killed millions, that our foreign policy in the west is undermining the very fabric of western society.

That only non-interventionism is compatible with western beliefs.

The moral Gumby-like contortion our society engages in to justify the western empire is not sustainable.

As conservatives rail against the mental disease that they call the left, the greatest assault on their beliefs, culture, and lifestyle comes from a morally corrupt doctrine of hard power, and a souless consumerism born of the very capitalist culture they so closely identify with.

Discuss..........

I would say slaughtering, enslaving, raping, and driving out the indigenous Americans and taking their lands was when we lost our moral authority.

With that said...I agree with the TS. America lost any semblance of moral authority during the WW1 & 2.

America lost any semblance of moral authority during the WW1 & 2.

Without America, the world would have been subject to Nazi, Stalinist, and Japanese rule. I'd say anyone citing WW2 as a low of American morality is full of shit.

I would say slaughtering, enslaving, raping, and driving out the indigenous Americans and taking their lands was when we lost our moral authority.

With that said...I agree with the TS. America lost any semblance of moral authority during the WW1 & 2.

I would say, they would have pushed our shit in, if 90% of the population wouldn't have died from disease in certain areas.

What was done at the end, when we were land grabbing the small bits of land that was allotted to the natives, instead of chasing them off into unsettled lands was the true moral shame.

With that said, many were true believers of manifest destiny. If you actually believe that, as insane as it is, I'm not sure if that really qualifies as immoral. Irrational yes, but if you believe God ordained your actions, I don't think it qualifies as immoral, as much as it does a form of mass dillussion.

Without America, the world would have been subject to Nazi, Stalinist, and Japanese rule. I'd say anyone citing WW2 as a low of American morality is full of shit.

But the truth is that we were supporting the Nazi's to counter communism both before, and after the war.

It started with man worshipping his own reflection/s. This thread is a perfect example. You arrived at a conclusion and now your next reaction is to force it on others like it’s the undeniable truth. Human arrogance and self-centeredness.

Last edited:
Banging on apple lovers. Kiwifruit street gang cuz.

It probably started with Jean-Jacques Rousseau, and a lot of what he wrought was good for us to build a pluralistic society that tolerates all types of beliefs. (Allowing the ideas of Luther, Calvin, and Erasmus et al to flourish as well.)

Where it metastasized is in cancers of later Germanic and French thought that turned the semi-righteous rebellion into an outright upheaval and horrific annihilation of the old.

There are good thinkers who arose even from the darkest modern philosophies, however, the general utilitarian examples of the uprising's progress has not been reassuring.

It started when as a society we took our focus off of God and Christian values. Not from the government, but rather the citizenry. Now we celebrate our godlessness and champion things like open marriages, abortion, tranny kids being pumped full of hormones, etc. while demonizing things like not being alone with a woman who isn't your wife.

edit: I answered this as if it read morals in the west, not western morals themselves, although I don't feel my answer would be TOO different.

I would say, they would have pushed our shit in, if 90% of the population wouldn't have died from disease in certain areas.

What was done at the end, when we were land grabbing the small bits of land that was allotted to the natives, instead of chasing them off into unsettled lands was the true moral shame.

With that said, many were true believers of manifest destiny. If you actually believe that, as insane as it is, I'm not sure if that really qualifies as immoral. Irrational yes, but if you believe God ordained your actions, I don't think it qualifies as immoral, as much as it does a form of mass dillussion.

Well the only reason we would push your shit in is because you were trying to take our lands and force us to except Jesus Christ. Prior to that we accepted you, taught you things, traded, allowed you to stay. Then you holocausted us all in the name of Christ. America has never had moral authority over anyone.

Manifest Destiny, the hallmark of the Anglo saxon, is completely immoral and thoroughly evil if you're using God as your judge.

I posit, that the downfall of western morals, and hence a less corrupt western society, began with our foreign policy.

That when we justified employing the worst of Nazi spies, to combat communism, that we lost our moral authority.

That all the way back to WWI, and a war that killed millions, that our foreign policy in the west is undermining the very fabric of western society.

The moral Gumby-like contortion our society engages in to justify the western empire is not sustainable.

As conservatives rail against the mental disease that they call the left, the greatest assault on their beliefs, culture, and lifestyle comes from a morally corrupt doctrine of hard power, and a souless consumerism born of the very capitalist culture they so closely identify with.

Discuss..........
I always like the sinking of the Lusitania as a reason to go to war. Avenging all souls lost type thing.

But the truth is that we were supporting the Nazi's to counter communism both before, and after the war.

It's pretty common for geopolitical powers to support one side in order to keep a more powerful enemy in check. Nazi Germany was defeated, it posed no threat, paying a couple of ex-Nazi veterans to work on the remaining enemy was a smart strategy, at least theoretically if it had been implemented properly. You're just clouded by emotional reasoning.

It's pretty common for geopolitical powers to support one side in order to keep a more powerful enemy in check. Nazi Germany was defeated, it posed no threat, paying a couple of ex-Nazi veterans to work on the remaining enemy was a smart strategy, at least theoretically if it had been implemented properly. You're just clouded by emotional reasoning.

Lol, employing the top level spies of the Nazi regime, would be the equivalent of the US trying to conquer the world, a world alliance defeating the US, and hanging bush, Clinton, obama, and Trump claiming they held those responsible to account, while integrating the CIA into your intelligence operations.

The intelligence guys were the Nazi's. These weren't scientists forced into service. These were the backbone of the Nazi party.

Discuss..........
you sound like someone who talks about what is wrong with the world without actually doing anything to change it

you sound like someone who talks about what is wrong with the world without actually doing anything to change it

What should I do beyond trying to discuss it with people, and supporting people organizing to create leverage?

I will be trying to organize a mailing drive soon in the war room, using the presidential sticky. I hope you will participate.

Back