The END of the G.O.A.T. Debate

A lot of people bring this up. Yes he fought some "Cans" during his run, but he was more active than any other G.O.A.T. candidate and fought the same amount of top tier opponents as all of them. The "freakshow" fights didn't affect his ability to consistently fight elite HWs throughout his entire PEAK.

He DID NOT fight as many top tier opponents as GSP

Fedor has 10 wins against all time great HW's (Big Nog x2, Cro Cop, Coleman x2, Arlovski, Sylvia, Schilt, Hunt, Randleman) and Heath Herring who was top 10 at the time but not top 35 all time.

GSP has 20 wins over all time great WW's in the top 35 (Hughes x2, Hendricks, Condit, Koscheck x2, Alves, Shields, Fitch, Diaz, Sherk, Serra, Penn x2, Karo, Trigg, Hardy) and 1 MW (Bisping)

The Greatest of All Time for a sport takes into consideration the following.....

1. Peak

- All athletes have a "Peak". In traditional sports its their best season(s). For fighters it is a dominant streak of fights. A time they looked completely unstoppable.

Examples:

- Jordan's 1992-1993 season
- Tom Brady's 2007 season
- Muhamad Ali from 1964-1967
- Fedor 2003-2009

2. Accomplishments

- The hardware earned. MVPs, Rings, Belts, Trophies, etc....

Examples:

- Bill Russels 11 rings
- Henri Richard 11 Stanley Cups
- Jack Niklaus 18 Major wins

3. Longevity

- How long did the athlete stay at the top or close to it?

Examples: None Needed

4. Unbelievable Feats/Wow Moments/Shockers/Whatever the fuck else you wanna call the "it" factor some athletes have

- Those plays, combos, subs, dunks, catches, etc. that you didn't even think were possible.

Examples:

- Ali KO Foreman
- Anderson dismantling of Griffin
- Jordans rock the baby dunk
- Wilt's 100 points

5. Clean and didn't cheat

- If an athlete cheats or gets popped for steroids they are out of the G.O.A.T. discussion. It isn't debatable.

NOW FOR THE MMA PORTION.....

What fighters are top 5 (no order) in each section?

PEAK

Fedor - Fought best HWs of his generation and was undefeated for 10years. Beat fighters at their own strengths. Dominated a division above is natural weight. Had elite finishing ability anywhere the fight went.

Anderson - Most UFC title defenses in a deep weight class. Made peope look dumb lke no other fighter ever has.

GSP - Absolutely dominated his opponents from a tactical aspect.

Conor - Never has a fighter shined as bright so fast. Only person to have to active titles and KO'd the best FW (at the time) ever in 12 seconds. Moved up and KO'd a top 5 LW of all time without even breaking a sweat. Say whatever you want about his personality, but he is a freak.

Jon Jones - Most naturally gifted athlete in MMA. Not in terms of explosion and muscles, but in terms of his ability to learn and apply any technique. He picks up wrestling, judo, BJJ and all the forms of striking faster than anyone I've ever seen.

Accomplishments

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, DJ & Jones

Longevity

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, DJ & Aldo

Unbelievable Feats/Wow Moments/Shockers/Whatever the fuck else you wanna call the "it" factor some athletes have

Anderson's dismantling of Griffin

GSP coming back and beating he MW champ like he did

Conor holding two titles simultaneously after KOing Aldo and Eddie in the brutal fashion he did

Fedor going 10 years without losing a round

Jones tear through the LHW division at its pinnacle. The gauntlet he went through was the hardest any fighter has.

Clean and didn't cheat

Fedor, GSP, Aldo, Conor & DJ

ONLY FEDOR AND GSP ARE IN ALL 5!!!!!!!!!

NOW FOR THE UNDENIABLE, IRREFUTABLE and FINAL ANSWER TO GOAT DISCUSSION.......

1805-fedor_throne.jpg

GSP was a razor thin second place.

<TrumpWrong1>

The goat is GSP, best current fighter is khabib if he can make weight and not be injured.

In fairness you had GSP 2nd but shame on you for hating on his goatness.

If anybody represented pfp it was Fedor. He was the epitome of fuck your weight.

I think Diego Sanchez could make the case for that.

Dude fought at 4 weight classes in the UFC
Don't know man.

Most of the interviews I saw with fighters would claim him as GOAT.

Even Sherdog put him in number one.

Most of those interviews were years ago when Anderson and GSP and Aldo were still forging their own legacy. I would argue all 3 have surpassed Fedor at this point

Gsp's round winning streak is more impressive when considering that Fedor fought such low quality competition so often, and GSP fought the best in his division everytime (except Hardy).

Such a weak and dumb argument to make... and I read it every time this goat discussion is going on.

Fedor fought ~5 times per year (yes, five) while GSP had like 2 fights per year. Basically 2 legit defenses against the available top contender and 3 fun fights in between for the fans.

Such a stupid thing to say that fedors record is padded or he fought too much cans. Those fights were for the fans, for you guys!

Just imagine conor taking all those “fun” money fights he is taking WHILE averaging 2 legit title defenses per year against the top contenders. That would be fucking impressive

Btw what is Conor doing in this GOAT conversation anyway TS? Gtfo with that, fucking ridiculous.

If it wasn’t for a PR stunt, he would have accomplished nothing so far... and if a PR stunt is your claim to make a goat list then I have bad news for you... it’s not enough, not even close

The Greatest of All Time for a sport takes into consideration the following.....

1. Peak

- All athletes have a "Peak". In traditional sports its their best season(s). For fighters it is a dominant streak of fights. A time they looked completely unstoppable.

Examples:

- Jordan's 1992-1993 season
- Tom Brady's 2007 season
- Muhamad Ali from 1964-1967
- Fedor 2003-2009

2. Accomplishments

- The hardware earned. MVPs, Rings, Belts, Trophies, etc....

Examples:

- Bill Russels 11 rings
- Henri Richard 11 Stanley Cups
- Jack Niklaus 18 Major wins

3. Longevity

- How long did the athlete stay at the top or close to it?

Examples: None Needed

4. Unbelievable Feats/Wow Moments/Shockers/Whatever the fuck else you wanna call the "it" factor some athletes have

- Those plays, combos, subs, dunks, catches, etc. that you didn't even think were possible.

Examples:

- Ali KO Foreman
- Anderson dismantling of Griffin
- Jordans rock the baby dunk
- Wilt's 100 points

5. Clean and didn't cheat

- If an athlete cheats or gets popped for steroids they are out of the G.O.A.T. discussion. It isn't debatable.

NOW FOR THE MMA PORTION.....

What fighters are top 5 (no order) in each section?

PEAK

Fedor - Fought best HWs of his generation and was undefeated for 10years. Beat fighters at their own strengths. Dominated a division above is natural weight. Had elite finishing ability anywhere the fight went.

Anderson - Most UFC title defenses in a deep weight class. Made peope look dumb lke no other fighter ever has.

GSP - Absolutely dominated his opponents from a tactical aspect.

Conor - Never has a fighter shined as bright so fast. Only person to have to active titles and KO'd the best FW (at the time) ever in 12 seconds. Moved up and KO'd a top 5 LW of all time without even breaking a sweat. Say whatever you want about his personality, but he is a freak.

Jon Jones - Most naturally gifted athlete in MMA. Not in terms of explosion and muscles, but in terms of his ability to learn and apply any technique. He picks up wrestling, judo, BJJ and all the forms of striking faster than anyone I've ever seen.

Accomplishments

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, DJ & Jones

Longevity

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, DJ & Aldo

Unbelievable Feats/Wow Moments/Shockers/Whatever the fuck else you wanna call the "it" factor some athletes have

Anderson's dismantling of Griffin

GSP coming back and beating he MW champ like he did

Conor holding two titles simultaneously after KOing Aldo and Eddie in the brutal fashion he did

Fedor going 10 years without losing a round

Jones tear through the LHW division at its pinnacle. The gauntlet he went through was the hardest any fighter has.

Clean and didn't cheat

Fedor, GSP, Aldo, Conor & DJ

ONLY FEDOR AND GSP ARE IN ALL 5!!!!!!!!!

NOW FOR THE UNDENIABLE, IRREFUTABLE and FINAL ANSWER TO GOAT DISCUSSION.......

1805-fedor_throne.jpg

GSP was a razor thin second place.
You can never say Fedor is the GOAT as he wasn't in UFC in his prime, PRIDE is a joke compared to UFC, even when PRIDE was at their pinnacle,true that PRIDE was a lot more exciting but the quality of fighters was horrible, most of Fedors wins were against cans. As soon as he joined UFC he looked terrible, possibly because he was out of his prime, but I don't think he would be the best HW ever in the UFC, let alone P4P goat

You can never say Fedor is the GOAT as he wasn't in UFC in his prime, PRIDE is a joke compared to UFC, even when PRIDE was at their pinnacle,true that PRIDE was a lot more exciting but the quality of fighters was horrible, most of Fedors wins were against cans. As soon as he joined UFC he looked terrible, possibly because he was out of his prime, but I don't think he would be the best HW ever in the UFC, let alone P4P goat

White belt gonna white belt.

giphy.gif

Fedor refused to fight in the UFC & never fought under USADA.
"I'm waiting for the right heavyweight to move up" - JBJ, popped
"I stay in my category. JBJ too big" Anderson Silva, popped
"Errr I'm closer to 155 then 185" - GSP when Anderson ruled
Then GSP turned around and was 2nd in line for Bisping
"TJ Killishaw?!?! I want Ray Borg or I quit!!!" - DJ

000d29c8-800.jpg

PiercingMildGrouper.gif

that's wrong

Would you like to give some examples for that one?

What about a 26 year old GSP unable to last one minute with a lightweight Matt Serra?

Fedor was in his 11th year of fighting when he lost to Hendo. Everyone declines after 9 or 10 years.

Yeah, Hendo was older but he was also on TRT. And Hendo never went 10 years undefeated. Only Fedor and Aldo have done that. Hendo lost fights too until that point. But a fight is a fight and anything can happen. We all know Hendo hits hard. Certainly harder than Matt Serra.
You really love Fedor don’t you? I can appreciate your love and passion for all that is Fedor. When I was a kid a had heroes as well. Also Jones has been undefeated for ten years.

Jon Jones is the GOAT because he would beat any of the other GOATs candidates, including Fedor(under Unified Rules and in the UFC cage).

Fedor can be the GOAT under Pride Rules.

Btw weight is overrated, GSP being 190+lbs should be able to be competitive with Jones if were truly the GOAT, same goes for Silva. But they wouldnt

He also fought in a shady organization, and if that wasn't enough fought mostly cans in what is already an unimpressive division in an even more unimpressive time where the sport was even less developed. We all saw what happened to Fedor against some real competition in a legitimate organization. You could maybe throw him the HW GOAT title since the division was and still is awful, but if MMA can ever get A-level athletes like Anthony Joshua, that won't last long either! Not to mention he defended his belt like once, which is ironically the same amount of times Conor has yet they bash him for it! Talk about hypocrisy! Definitely isn't even in the discussion of being GOAT!

No. Conor has never defended his belt. Ever.

Fedor defended 4x.

Jon Jones is the GOAT because he would beat any of the other GOATs candidates, including Fedor(under Unified Rules and in the UFC cage).

Fedor can be the GOAT under Pride Rules.

Btw weight is overrated, GSP being 190+lbs should be able to be competitive with Jones if were truly the GOAT, same goes for Silva. But they wouldnt

Precisely why Jon Jones has 0 HW fights.

Because he wouldn't either.

Precisely why Jon Jones has 0 HW fights.

Because he wouldn't either.

Untrue, Jones is a horrible matchup for Fedor. Granted, guys like Stipe would give him trouble but he would certainly be competitive. He didnt go to HW because he was busy making history and running through the LHW division

So much wrong in this post.

Pride had a better HW division than the UFC by far.

Pride also had a better LHW division than the UFC by far.

Fedor also didn't start losing once he got to the UFC..... he has actually never fought in the UFC.

Untrue, Jones is a horrible matchup for Fedor. Granted, guys like Stipe would give him trouble but he would certainly be competitive. He didnt go to HW because he was busy making history and running through the LHW division

He was busy making history as the biggest fuck-up in MMA.... yup.

And ducking HWs.

You really love Fedor don’t you? I can appreciate your love and passion for all that is Fedor. When I was a kid a had heroes as well. Also Jones has been undefeated for ten years.

It's just funny when people bring up Fedor getting KO'ed by Hendo at 33 while GSP was KO'ed by Serra at 26. Everyone loses at some point. GSP lost before and and during his prime while Fedor lost after a 10 year undefeated run.

Jones beat a lot of old past prime guys and his whole career is in question when he was roided up like 3 times that we know of. We still don't know who would have won both fights vs DC had Jones came in clean.

Even the first fight was pre-USADA but Jon's test levels were very suspicious.

He also eye poked almost every single opponent and later admitted he does it on purpose.

Back