The END of the G.O.A.T. Debate

Longevity AT THE TOP..... Not this old shell of Fedor we have been seeing.

Fedor was a top tier HW for 10 years (2000-2010). After 2010 and ESPECIALLY since 2015 Fedor is clearly a shell of his former greatness.
Agreed. I just think there is something to be said about sticking around too long. It only hurts.

I don't agree with your conclusion, but I commend your effort.

Can we discuss something real, like dragons?

You can agree fighters rise and fall correct?

If you agree to this obvious fact then another fact is that their is a point fighters rose too that was the highest and then declined. Thats the peak.

Fedor refused to fight in the UFC & never fought under USADA.
"I'm waiting for the right heavyweight to move up" - JBJ, popped
"I stay in my category. JBJ too big" Anderson Silva, popped
"Errr I'm closer to 155 then 185" - GSP when Anderson ruled
Then GSP turned around and was 2nd in line for Bisping
"TJ Killishaw?!?! I want Ray Borg or I quit!!!" - DJ

000d29c8-800.jpg

He also fought in a shady organization, and if that wasn't enough fought mostly cans in what is already an unimpressive division in an even more unimpressive time where the sport was even less developed. We all saw what happened to Fedor against some real competition in a legitimate organization. You could maybe throw him the HW GOAT title since the division was and still is awful, but if MMA can ever get A-level athletes like Anthony Joshua, that won't last long either! Not to mention he defended his belt like once, which is ironically the same amount of times Conor has yet they bash him for it! Talk about hypocrisy! Definitely isn't even in the discussion of being GOAT!

Agreed. I just think there is something to be said about sticking around too long. It only hurts.

I agree 100%.

Say Fedor hung up the gloves after he KO'd Rogers or Arvloski (I choose these two because he started to decline around this time) it wouldn't even be a debat who the GOAT was. Now that some people's only image of Fedor is getting KO'd by Mitrione or almost finished vs Maldanado and it all the sudden is a debat in their eyes.

By your own metrics GSP would be the GOAT exceeding Fedor in ever category you presented.

A-level athletes don't "lose their prime" at 30, and certainly don't lose to MWs! LOL!!!!!!!

Exccept almost every NFL running back.... Also, Fedor was 33 when he first lost.

You are proving yourself to be more and more of a dipshit with every post.

TLDR

P4P it's GSP and it's not even debatable.

In reality (ignoring p4p bullshit) Fedor is the GOAT. The real GOAT has to be a HW.

I obviously disagree, but thanks for chiming in!

You can agree fighters rise and fall correct?

If you agree to this obvious fact then another fact is that their is a point fighters rose too that was the highest and then declined. Thats the peak.

I can agree that opinions can not be quantified, simple as that. GOAT is make believe fan shit.

I agree 100%.

Say Fedor hung up the gloves after he KO'd Rogers or Arvloski (I choose these two because he started to decline around this time) it wouldn't even be a debat who the GOAT was. Now that some people's only image of Fedor is getting KO'd by Mitrione or almost finished vs Maldanado and it all the sudden is a debat in their eyes.
100% agreed. He won those 2 fights but he was clearly getting much slower at that point. I think if he walked away after werdum or bigfoot it would be justified and not too much a detriment because he was clearly out of his prime and everyones day comes. Now he has been around far too long.

Nice post, until you fucked it up, at the end. GSP is the GOAT.

The Greatest of All Time for a sport takes into consideration the following.....

1. Peak

- All athletes have a "Peak". In traditional sports its their best season(s). For fighters it is a dominant streak of fights. A time they looked completely unstoppable.

Examples:

- Jordan's 1992-1993 season
- Tom Brady's 2007 season
- Muhamad Ali from 1964-1967
- Fedor 2003-2009

2. Accomplishments

- The hardware earned. MVPs, Rings, Belts, Trophies, etc....

Examples:

- Bill Russels 11 rings
- Henri Richard 11 Stanley Cups
- Jack Niklaus 18 Major wins

3. Longevity

- How long did the athlete stay at the top or close to it?

Examples: None Needed

4. Unbelievable Feats/Wow Moments/Shockers/Whatever the fuck else you wanna call the "it" factor some athletes have

- Those plays, combos, subs, dunks, catches, etc. that you didn't even think were possible.

Examples:

- Ali KO Foreman
- Anderson dismantling of Griffin
- Jordans rock the baby dunk
- Wilt's 100 points

5. Clean and didn't cheat

- If an athlete cheats or gets popped for steroids they are out of the G.O.A.T. discussion. It isn't debatable.

NOW FOR THE MMA PORTION.....

What fighters are top 5 (no order) in each section?

PEAK

Fedor - Fought best HWs of his generation and was undefeated for 10years. Beat fighters at their own strengths. Dominated a division above is natural weight. Had elite finishing ability anywhere the fight went.

Anderson - Most UFC title defenses in a deep weight class. Made peope look dumb lke no other fighter ever has.

GSP - Absolutely dominated his opponents from a tactical aspect.

Conor - Never has a fighter shined as bright so fast. Only person to have to active titles and KO'd the best FW (at the time) ever in 12 seconds. Moved up and KO'd a top 5 LW of all time without even breaking a sweat. Say whatever you want about his personality, but he is a freak.

Jon Jones - Most naturally gifted athlete in MMA. Not in terms of explosion and muscles, but in terms of his ability to learn and apply any technique. He picks up wrestling, judo, BJJ and all the forms of striking faster than anyone I've ever seen.

Accomplishments

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, DJ & Jones

Longevity

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, DJ & Aldo

Unbelievable Feats/Wow Moments/Shockers/Whatever the fuck else you wanna call the "it" factor some athletes have

Anderson's dismantling of Griffin

GSP coming back and beating he MW champ like he did

Conor holding two titles simultaneously after KOing Aldo and Eddie in the brutal fashion he did

Fedor going 10 years without losing a round

Jones tear through the LHW division at its pinnacle. The gauntlet he went through was the hardest any fighter has.

Clean and didn't cheat

Fedor, GSP, Aldo, Conor & DJ

ONLY FEDOR AND GSP ARE IN ALL 5!!!!!!!!!

NOW FOR THE UNDENIABLE, IRREFUTABLE and FINAL ANSWER TO GOAT DISCUSSION.......

1805-fedor_throne.jpg

GSP was a razor thin second place.

I knew this was bullshit when you listed Jordan as having one peak year and Fedor as having 6 peak years

I agree 100%.

Don't forget : or getting beaten up by Bigfoot, or submitted by Werdum, or fighting cans like Hong Man Choi, Zuluzinho, and Jaideep Singh.

Back