The Evil Within 2

OK So I'm starting this after racking up 10+ hours on DivinityOS2. What a game, awesome strategy like game. Anyway, I noticed the graphics in this game are pretty inconsistent. AA primarily being dogshit, so I simply altered the Nvidia Config to - Enhance the AA = 8x / 8x SuperSampling, now it looks much better.

Killed the photographer dude. Teleporting bosses are so damn cheap. Wasted like 10 shotgun shells on that dude

Killed the photographer dude. Teleporting bosses are so damn cheap. Wasted like 10 shotgun shells on that dude

Yep. I read after the fact that the battle is more manageable if you stick to the right corner and place some bolts around you for defence.

Anybody playing Classic mode? I’ve been considering it but maybe starting with a trial no upgrade run in Nightmare.

Yep. I read after the fact that the battle is more manageable if you stick to the right corner and place some bolts around you for defence.

Anybody playing Classic mode? I’ve been considering it but maybe starting with a trial no upgrade run in Nightmare.
I ended up killing him with explosive bolts, he spawned on one and died lol

Liam is a cocksucking cock. Might actually quit the game. It’s on normal difficulty and it takes all my ammo to get to phase 2.

You gotta stealth kill that a-hole.
I stealth killed him to phase two and got him with explosive bolts. Died 15-20 times. Felt hamstrung by shitty camera and character movement since his was so crisp. Only boss that’s killed me so far though. Except for Obscura when you have to get the key for the art thing.

The mechanics on the Liam fight are badly done. If you destroy his fuel tank , he suddenly turns into Usain Bolt and chases you down with infinite stamina.
If I was to do the fight again I would use ice bolts to freeze him and then get stealth attacks in. I used smoke bolts before which was trickier to do..

The mechanics on the Liam fight are badly done. If you destroy his fuel tank , he suddenly turns into Usain Bolt and chases you down with infinite stamina.
If I was to do the fight again I would use ice bolts to freeze him and then get stealth attacks in. I used smoke bolts before which was trickier to do..
Can you do a sneak attack while he’s frozen? With the smoke, if it’s not upgraded to 3, you can’t sneak kill him till it clears

Also his 270 degree flame swathe is bullshit. But I was so happy when that last bolt exploded and the cutscene started.

Can you do a sneak attack while he’s frozen? With the smoke, if it’s not upgraded to 3, you can’t sneak kill him till it clears

Also his 270 degree flame swathe is bullshit. But I was so happy when that last bolt exploded and the cutscene started.

I have done stealth hits after using an ice bolt...
freeze them , move into position and get the stealth hit in .

To many games coming out this month I want to buy going to put this one on the bottom of the list.

I never even got to the first because of a similar situation. Going to wait for the first game to go on sale and then play it and hopefully get to this game sometime. I'm horrible with horror games though so I might not even finish the first one.

Second half of the game seems to be shite

Yeah there are some great moments and everything but the first half with the artist was pretty awesome.

Overall I'd give this game an 8/10. First half easily 9/10, loved the first open-world section and the creepiness of the paintings. Second half gets a 7/10. I hated the father character, he was just a very weak villain.

Second half of the game seems to be shite

Its like an interactive movie with tons of cutscenes...
I lke the character development of Kidman and Sebastian ,but the first game had better levels .

Last edited:
Okay, loved the boss rush. Glad the chainsaw fucker was a cutscene tho, he’s the reason I never beat the first game, the fuckface.

And then they had to fuck it all up with mini Jack Baker, the telephone pole boss.

Yeah there are some great moments and everything but the first half with the artist was pretty awesome.

Overall I'd give this game an 8/10. First half easily 9/10, loved the first open-world section and the creepiness of the paintings. Second half gets a 7/10. I hated the father character, he was just a very weak villain.
Theodore was just Morpheus from the Matrix, very cheesy

Telephone pole dudes AI glitched and he stopped attacking but still took damage lol

Ok beat the game. Gonna do an all keys playthrough to make it worth $60

Back