The Evolution of Playing The Sims 4 on Console

MacDuffle

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We need a support group for those brave souls trying to hang in with Sims 4 and having an easy time resisting the urge to buy their dumb R&D's idea of what humans like to monetize

1034253_LB_231x326_en_GB_%5E_2017-08-02-22-20-28_1aaa55b7bd3a1ce37371ebb91e9b7a0dbaf435b1.png

Like everyone i knew on the record sims 3 was supposed to be the perfect version of newsims

Stripped down, noisy, awkward. I know the juggle though I'll wage my war

So with trembling hand I downloaded the xbox version a few weeks back

It went through the typical console arcs:

DAY 1 everything is either sticky and darts everywhere like a crazey eyed kid or free stick aim which has the amazing intensity of a potato that suddenly accelerates.

DAY 3 controls are dumb but mostly move in straight line stickies, unless you're using the action wheel or dialogue wheel

and all choices highlight themselves via hiding from their all seeing god.

DAY 17 controls are fine whatever

DAY 18 Sims 4 startup sims are poor but generally had money to stay intact and eating sleeping pooping.

god help the poor bastard who never bought a shower/bath and thought their sims could just brush their teeth repeatedly because they can't and hes surely dead by now

DAY 19 my sims are satisfied they just drop one need bar so they will be -*BEHOLD THINE SAD MOODLET MUSICAL STING* jesus christ my tiny sim man is dying of hunger! or wait no he's just a little tired

ok its fine I just have to get used to being yelled at via Giant Symphony Orchestra every time one need bar is off about my sim

hmmmm

going to work will do all of that.

my ears will bleed every day my sim arrives home

my sims must never work

give me all the money cheats

DAY 30 my sim gets up to go grab a snack from the fridge

the journey takes him nine years as he winds his way up and around my Fabulous Riches and Architectural Doohickeys everywhere.

he arrives at the fridge a now tired and lonely man

at least i can click here here and here, speed up and stop here and he should be good to g-*BEHOLD THINE HAPPY MOODLET MUSICAL STING* yes my sim is happy- *BEHOLD THINE ARTISTIC MOODLET MUSICAL STING* sorry he looked at a sculpture, let me just*BEHOLD THINE PLAYFUL MUSICAL STING*oh god that's so hard to define is that even an advantage at all?*BEHOLD THINE SLEEPY MOODLET MUSICAL STING YOUR SIM IS NOW SLEEPY*

...alright

give me all the satisfaction/reward points cheat code

DAY 31 my sims are going to be impenetrable, now I can finally get back to designing things.

...plus the restaurant pack would be an insane plus for anyone obsessed with Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares or random business reality shows

Let me just *YOUR SIMS SUFFERS THE SLEEPIES* what, how could this be I have the Never Weary perk- *ALL PERKS/NEEDS SUFFER THE EVENTUAL DECAY OF TIME MOODLET*

but...

that's what they did before too

sims must never feel anything, or the Moodlets will come to destroy us

Day 31

my sims feel everything and it hurts them and it hurts me in a torrent of slowly atrophying entropic emotional energy

06-10-16_6-05-09-PM.png

they must now run a restaurant

it makes them sad

but hey, at least my restaurant can stack perks to make increasing money forever, that's pretty cool.

So i can eventually make a bunch of - how much does one uprade cost*2,000 RESTAURANT POINTS*

okay how many do I get for completing a task*YOU GET TWENTY FIVE*

great

that might take 2 days of full work per tip increase if I dedicate everything to farming

but each perk increase is minimal compared to full staff and salary at the 5 star level

this might take awhile

well at least me and the 1,000s of dollars trained employees are cool and finally experienced and everyones hanging out let me check on the chef

xrestaurant-staff.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5_aqnO9AHa.jpg

Chef: I want to die

well that's not great, let me just hit "praise" him and check on how he-

Chef: I definitely want to die

jesus christ alright here's a promotion

Chef: I am happy with my job

good. Hey hostess-

Hostess: I hate this job I want to die

not you too, alright at least i have these promotions to tide them over with. So how many do I get

Four? Ok.

4 days later

hows my chef doing today

Chef: In the not-so distant future I can see myself wanting to die

well good luck with that buddy i can only hit you with two praises per day, will that help?

Chef: No.

My Sims:

<2><2><2><2>
WE FEEL EVERYTHING AND IT MAKES SUCH WONDERFUL MUSIC

<2><2><2><2>

Is there even an active thread still going on this game because it makes me sad

Last edited:
I read all this ^^ <45>and my only experience with sims is knowing my sisters played them

I remember sims but refrained like it was a drug that required needles.

Deus X got me good though. So did Half life and TFC.

Video game forum? These mangs think of everything.

Let's get Rob Zombie on the phone and help him with 32. I have scripts and scenes written in my mind.

So you put a bunch of effort into a beautiful OP, and got your first response over two weeks later?

You have my sympathy, dude.

I played the playboy mansion sims on ps2 like 40 years ago for maybe 1 or 2 hours.

Couldn't kill any of my sims.

Haven't played since.

So are we here just for support or do you want advice on how to better enjoy the sims games ?

So you put a bunch of effort into a beautiful OP, and got your first response over two weeks later?

You have my sympathy, dude.

RIP this piece of shit

It is what TS deserved 100%

I played the playboy mansion sims on ps2 like 40 years ago for maybe 1 or 2 hours.

Haven't played since.

So are we here just for support or do you want advice on how to better enjoy the sims games ?

ITT we leave and never come back

Haven't played since.

Did you see Bill Cosby there with a 15 year old?

Pretty close to what my advice was going to be.

Take the CD out and o buy nhl 18 on ps4 instead.

tried to create a somewhat accurate version of the Harmontown podcast at Meltdown Comics LA

meltdown-comics.jpg

84f50f46-443a-4649-83dd-d85596dbc2d7.PNG

harmontown.jpg

which was pretty funny because the actual Meltdown stage looked like a pile of dicks compared to any structure with actual wallpaper

e4935a38-2508-4092-ac0a-7d41f728d8bf.PNG

I swore I wasn't going to post in here, damnit

tried to create a somewhat accurate version of the Harmontown podcast at Meltdown Comics LA

meltdown-comics.jpg

84f50f46-443a-4649-83dd-d85596dbc2d7.PNG

harmontown.jpg

which was pretty funny because the actual Meltdown stage looked like a pile of dicks compared to any structure with actual wallpaper

e4935a38-2508-4092-ac0a-7d41f728d8bf.PNG

I swore I wasn't going to post in here, damnit
that is hilarious, I'm glad you did <45>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back