THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

Whoa, easy there with the major spoilers, Mads. Didn't need to know that. I've put your posts in the spoiler box.

How is that a major spoiler though? He is a major character.

I did not read the books either. I only read teasers, and premises. They mention he has a plot angle.

How is that a major spoiler though? He is a major character.

I did not read the books either. I only read teasers, and premises. They mention he has a plot angle.
Put yourself in the perspective of someone that has not read the books or has not read any teasers or premises from the book. Then you'll get it.

THE EXPANSE episode 5 was terrific. Lots of great moments. Could have been a season finale.

Hope Earth and Mars acknowledge the bravery and heroism of the crew of Rocinante, and that Fred Johnson is not a bad guy.

Sad to see Miller die but a great way to send him off. Since we still don't know much about the Protomolecules, maybe there's a chance we'll see Miller again in another form. Also, what's going to happen now that it's infected with Protomolecules?

nup_174150_0623.jpg
Agreed. The last episode was amazing.

Much like The Magicians 2x3, this episode could easily have been a season finale. It was a powerful episode, in many respects. Aside from the writing and acting, it also had incredible CGI for a tv show. Also, it seems that they read Sherdog, and finally clued in to my dissatisfaction about the lack of mood music. It was my one major complaint about the show, and IMO is one of the most underrated factors that separates the good series from the great series.

btw, I think it's safe to say that the first season was basically just pure setup for season two and beyond. While it was slow going, it did juuuust enough to keep your interest piqued, but in this season, it's truly been fantastic.

The Expanse finally let us know what that Martian squad was all about. It was a light episode, but deservedly so. The prior episode was a hard act to follow.

Update: March 16, 2017

THE EXPANSE Renewed for a Third Season at Syfy

4CW91yQ.jpg

Syfy is firming up its 2018 roster. The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has renewed futuristic space drama The Expanse for a third season. The series will return with another 13-episode season in 2018.

"The Expanse is a gorgeous, thrilling, emotional series that has quite simply raised the bar for science fiction on television,” said Chris McCumber, president of entertainment networks at NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “We, along with the fans, are looking forward to continuing the journey with our partners at Alcon Television Group and the series’ brilliant cast and crew."

Starring Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham and Frankie Adams, The Expanse is based on the best-selling book series of the same name by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck. Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men) serve as showrunners and exec produce the Alcon TV Group drama alongside Naren Shankar.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-renewed-season-3-at-syfy-986807

I has a happy. My 2 favorite shows (this & Legion) are coming back.

This is the BEST show on TV right now (Non GoT division).

Fucking pumped it's already renewed.

This show is simply hitting it on all cylinders. Could very well be the sci fi TV's seen yet.

Caught up to the most recent, just feels to all over the place and the big moments are not set up and seem meaningless. BSg had weight to its events and things really mattered. The whole finding the chick thing seemed out of place in the mars earth war mongering. And why are the belter's like a bunch of junkie retards.

Ships space battles are tits.

I loved BSG and the first season is the GOAT sci-fi show but I thought it went way downhill after the second season with its hidden cylon of the week angle later on and wierd one off adventures like the boxing tournament and the New Caprica story was garbage.

I think Expanse is going to be of a more consistent quality since it's got the books to draw from.

Are people still watching this? The threads gone pretty quiet but the shows still great!

I loved BSG and the first season is the GOAT sci-fi show but I thought it went way downhill after the second season with its hidden cylon of the week angle later on and wierd one off adventures like the boxing tournament and the New Caprica story was garbage.

I think Expanse is going to be of a more consistent quality since it's got the books to draw from.

Are people still watching this? The threads gone pretty quiet but the shows still great!

I watch the show was afraid this season was going to be trash but it's been delivering.

Seriously, The Expanse is just doing it for me right now. This entire second season has been superb.

Even the "boring" episodes have me by the balls.

Seriously, The Expanse is just doing it for me right now. This entire second season has been superb.

This is next on my list.

The Expanse continues to impress.

I'm not sure of how many ways I can praise a series, but I'm going to keep trying.

How many people half expected that guard standing next to Draper was going to put a bullet in her head after she spilled the beans about the MCRN's involvement in the Ganymede Station incident?

I've caught up with the last 5 episodes of The Expanse and season 2 is just amazing. One of my favorite shows airing right now.

So I'm almost completely up-to-date with The Magicians.

I'd say it's a middling show with moments of brilliance. There are elements of their universe that are pretty awesome, but sometimes the camp is overwhelming, especially in contrast with the stark tone often in evidence.

Also up-to-date with The Expanse. That's one hell of a show, and I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread.

Latest episode of THE EXPANSE was great.

Loved the whole segment about the people in Ganymede trying to get on board the last ship. Great emotional moment when most of them sacrificed themselves to stay.

I'm also loving the whole pairing and interaction of Chrisjen, Draper and Cotyar. I want to see more of these three.

The Sadavir twist surprised me. Thought he was going to suicide. Didn't expect that he would do that. Loved it.

The Expanse was great. Really, there's nothing more that needs to be said.

iZombie was also good. Clive's neighbor scenes were touching, and the interplay between Major and Liv were hilarious. I realize that it's a bit of a campy dramedy, but McIver's acting range from episode to episode has been fucking fantastic. It's not quite Tatiana Maslany level (who literally changes tics, mannerisms, accents, intonations, etc..) but it's still notable.

Latest episode of THE EXPANSE was great.

Loved the whole segment about the people in Ganymede trying to get on board the last ship. Great emotional moment when most of them sacrificed themselves to stay.

I'm also loving the whole pairing and interaction of Chrisjen, Draper and Cotyar. I want to see more of these three.

The Sadavir twist surprised me. Thought he was going to suicide. Didn't expect that he would do that. Loved it.

I was late to the party with this episode. I saw you guys raving about it and while watching it I was a bit disappointed until all of a sudden I wasn't.

Awesome episode.

Back