The fight bible. (filled with anything and everything you ever need to know)

LOL, poor guy.
He was probably better as a coach, than as a fighter, he sounded informative...chok dee

I remember my first kickboxing tournament I entered. I came out and threw a light legkick and got blasted with a right hand and it had me wobbled for a second. I remember thinking to myself, what the hell, this is nothing like training!

Just because you may look like a stud in the gym or hitting pads doesn't mean you can fight. As the old saying goes, pads don't hit back.

Work as many lifelike drills as possible. sparring is a must, and learning to eat shots. If you know anything about Ali, it was said that he would let guys beat him up in sparring. In fact if you would watch him spar he didn't look like a very good boxer. He would let people hit him hard over and over. this transitioned into him defeating george foreman after taking a helacious beating for 5 rounds.

another very good drill is standing against a wall (back to the wall) and letting a partner throw strikes at you. you are not allowed to move off the wall or move left and right. all you can do is defend to the best of your ability. Work your shell, head movement, parry/catch etc. This will greatly help your defence in the long run.

I had a muay thai coach years ago who taught me most of what I know. Once he started seriously training me he gave me a very good tip.. He said that when you walk around in daily life and hurt yourself (stub your toe, etc) don't scream out in pain and swear. Just breath and ignore it. Pain is nothing, learn to toughen yourself up in every aspect, mental strength > physical strength.

KICKBOXING AND MUAY THAI

When you are training for your first fight the most important strike/strikes I would say to learn are your jab and your push kick.

when you have your first few fights no matter how well you trained or how many times you have competed before, they will be a blur. Usually the first time someone gets hit hard their gameplan goes out the window. Learning a wicked teep or pushkick will help you keep the fight at your pace as well as stop the shoot if your opponent is far enough back.

I have seen fights where guys are throwing spinning backfists, hook kicks etc and they have shitty roundhouse kicks and even worse push kicks... Learn the fundamentals of every martial art before you tackle the flashy stuff.

Another tip I believe to be very important is too work throwing a roundhouse kick everytime you break a clinch. Everytime I clinch in training I make sure I am the one to disengage and I make sure I throw a head kick on my way out. If the guys hands are down you are going to catch him.

WRESTLING

If i could change any one thing in my martial arts experience, I would have learned to wrestle before anything else. being able to dictate where the fight takes place is so important. Wrestlers who learn to strike and learn to stop subs are nearly unstoppable.

Learn to get comfortable with the distance of a shot and learn to time strikes behind it. A good jab into a double leg always works well.

Another good drill is to do muay thai rounds while a third person kicks an excercise ball at you. every time the ball gets close to you, sprawl on top of it. Bounce back up and kick the ball back and continue on with your rounds. This will help you learn the speed and explosiveness you need to have a good sprawl.

LEARN WRESTLING

BJJ

This can be a tricky one to master, it is such an art that people get sloppy and can get subbed while trying for a sub of their own.

learn the basics, rear naked choke, triangle, armbar from guard, from mount etc. Kimura from side control as well as an americana.

Learn how to defend them 10x as good as you learn how to execute them. (my subs are awful but my sub defence is far better)

Guillotines can work well but the problem is that when an un experienced guy goes for one he tends to drop to guard as soon as he gets it. the opponent escapes and you end up on your back.

If you get a guillotine DO NOT DROP TO YOUR BACK. try to finish it standing, this way if you fail with it at least you can go to a thai clinch and blast some knees.

POSITION BEFORE SUBMISSION

BJ Penn is an amazing example of this. People don't realize how good his jujitsu actually is, He doesn't use flashy subs ever. but if he gets your back your fucked. I remember talking to Joe daddy in montreal after one of the UFC's and he told me he had never felt control like that before when BJ got ahold of him.

Tons of great information so far and I've only read through 3 comments, but I didn't know that about Ali. Quite an interesting approach to desensitizing himself to taking hard shots.

Fight bible written by a guy whose 0-4 in competition.......

Are you going to post a picture up of all your belts?

Are you going to post a picture up of all your belts?
I have a FW fight scheduled next month (if all goes as planned I will have 1 more win then he does).

Won't really change any of the context of my post (it is kind of ironic that a guy whose 0-5 losing all by finish is writing a fight bible). It just further proves that sherdog gets a forum boner the moment any fighter makes an account (I don't understand the context of your message)

I have a FW fight scheduled next month (if all goes as planned I will have 1 more win then he does).

Won't really change any of the context of my post (it is kind of ironic that a guy whose 0-5 losing all by finish is writing a fight bible). It just further proves that sherdog gets a forum boner the moment any fighter makes an account (I don't understand the context of your message)

You don't understand the context of my message? I can see why you're the type of bonehead to talk down on someone else when you have accomplished absolutely nothing in the sport. You haven't even competed!

So in your mind the only people who have anything to offer the world in terms of knowledge are individuals that are highly successful in their field? You've got a lot to learn...

You don't understand the context of my message? I can see why you're the type of bonehead to talk down on someone else when you have accomplished absolutely nothing in the sport. You haven't even competed!

So in your mind the only people who have anything to offer the world in terms of knowledge are individuals that are highly successful in their field? You've got a lot to learn...
What makes you think I haven't competed in combat sports ? (just because I haven't done a sanctioned MMA fight does not mean i haven't done a sanctioned boxing or BJJ event).

Not having a record doesn't mean your instantly free from pointing out irony (I hate that mentality, it really needs to die). It almost always happens when someone is right and someone doesn't like the truth (your can't ridicule that CEO's terrible decision because you never went to law school !)

What makes you think I haven't competed in combat sports ? (just because I haven't done a sanctioned MMA fight does not mean i haven't done a sanctioned boxing or BJJ event).

Not having a record doesn't mean your instantly free from pointing out irony (I hate that mentality, it really needs to die). It almost always happens when someone is right and someone doesn't like the truth (your can't ridicule that CEO's terrible decision because you never went to law school !)

Because you just said so, you clown...

"I have a FW fight scheduled next month (if all goes as planned I will have 1 more win then he does). "

I ask where your belts are at and you reply that you're going to have your first victory, right? Oh, but NOW after you've been called out as being foolish you've competed in BJJ and "sanctioned" boxing matches? Okay, buddy.

You just contradicted yourself so hard...

"Not having a record doesn't mean your instantly free from pointing out irony"

That exact same argument can be applied to the jerk talking down on someone who doesn't have a stellar record giving out fight advice for free. Also stop using parenthesis over and over, it isn't an interesting writing technique, it simply makes you look like a tool.

Because you just said so, you clown...

"I have a FW fight scheduled next month (if all goes as planned I will have 1 more win then he does). "

I ask where your belts are at and you reply that you're going to have your first victory, right? Oh, but NOW after you've been called out as being foolish you've competed in BJJ and "sanctioned" boxing matches? Okay, buddy.

You just contradicted yourself so hard...

"Not having a record doesn't mean your instantly free from pointing out irony"

That exact same argument can be applied to the jerk talking down on someone who doesn't have a stellar record giving out fight advice for free. Also stop using parenthesis over and over, it isn't an interesting writing technique, it simply makes you look like a tool.
Your grasping for straws hard. One more win then him is obviously in regards to MMA (there is no database for low level boxing/BJJ). Why would I compare my boxing/BJJ record to his if there's no way of finding out if he even competed in either ? (there is no comparison, your grasping).

I'm not talking down or calling him a POS, i'm merely saying its ironic due to his record and sherdogs obsession/forum boner when any low level guy makes an account (when he decided he was an expert/guide bible writer he had 6 months of training and was 0-1 as an amateur........).

He had one sanctioned fight/6 months of experience and he decided he was an expert/fight bible guide writer and yet i'm the one your calling a "tool" ? (lol).

Last edited:
Your grasping for straws hard. One more win then him is obviously in regards to MMA (there is no database for low level boxing/BJJ). Why would I compare my boxing/BJJ record to his if there's no way of finding out if he even competed in either ? (there is no comparison, your grasping).

I'm not talking down or calling him a POS, i'm merely saying its ironic due to his record and sherdogs obsession/forum boner when any low level guy makes an account (when he decided he was an expert/guide bible writer he had 6 months of training and was 0-1 as an amateur........).

He had one sanctioned fight/6 months of experience and he decided he was an expert/fight bible guide writer and yet i'm the one your calling a "tool" ? (lol).

No, grasping for straws is listing your combat sport experience after being called out on your inexperience and given a chance to answer the question. You don't even know the difference between then/than, bro. You don't even know the difference between you're/your, bro. You have no idea what grasping for straws means, bro. You are definitely talking down to him, bro. Please don't try and backpedal on your comments, bro. Nothing disgusts me more than someone who backpedals after being called out, bro. You should never use the word irony, bro. You don't know what it means, bro. Yes, you're a tool, bro. You can play the victim all you want, pretend you don't know what is going on, and try to play off why you're being called out when you know exactly why you're being called out but that isn't my problem, bro.

No, grasping for straws is listing your combat sport experience after being called out on your inexperience and given a chance to answer the question. You don't even know the difference between then/than, bro. You don't even know the difference between you're/your, bro. You have no idea what grasping for straws means, bro. You are definitely talking down to him, bro. Please don't try and backpedal on your comments, bro. Nothing disgusts me more than someone who backpedals after being called out, bro. You should never use the word irony, bro. You don't know what it means, bro. Yes, you're a tool, bro. You can play the victim all you want, pretend you don't know what is going on, and try to play off why you're being called out when you know exactly why you're being called out but that isn't my problem, bro.
lol (grammer nazi and bro lover, typical sherdog troll).

Called out ? (what is this the streets ?). I'm going to continue to train and win multiple fights, if you want to continue your man crush of a generic guide by a failed athlete then be my guest (pretty sad if you ask me).

lol (grammer nazi and bro lover, typical sherdog troll).

Called out ? (what is this the streets ?). I'm going to continue to train and win multiple fights, if you want to continue your man crush of a generic guide by a failed athlete then be my guest (pretty sad if you ask me).

Oh look another person who gets shut down and tries to save their ego with the troll word. I guess I'll spell it out for you since you didn't understand, the word BRO was for you, not for me. Called out is a very common expression and has absolutely nothing to do with "the streets", BRO. Do you get it yet? You're the bro...

So me telling you you're ignorant and petty for talking down to this guy means I have a crush on a guide? Uh, what? Try again, bro...

Oh look another person who gets shut down .
I fail to see what was shutdown.

This a generic guide ("don't drink or do drugs" "go to practice alot" "try to get some sponsors") written by a guy who couldn't get a win in five tries (according to you "only 3 comments in and it has tons of great information"). I'm assuming you've never trained a day in your life if you think this is tons of great information (this is a generic guide and it's quite ironic that sherdog has a boner over it).

Nothing either one of us post will change this (generic guide written by a guy who couldn't make it).

Last edited:
I fail to see what was shutdown.

This a generic guide ("don't drink or do drugs" "go to practice alot" "try to get some sponsors") written by a guy who couldn't get a win in five tries (according to you "only 3 comments in and it has tons of great information"). I'm assuming you've never trained a day in your life if you think this is tons of great information (this is a generic guide and it's quite ironic that sherdog has a boner over it).

Nothing either one of us post will change this (generic guide written by a guy who couldn't make it).

You were shutdown, and the fact you don't realize it is highly amusing to me. There was a lot of great information, mind pointing out what information you don't agree with from the TS? Oh, you don't want to talk about what information was given, you want to throw out statements like, "Why are you writing a guide when you have no wins?", right? You're assuming I've never trained a day in my life when you're being highly disrespectful to someone trying to help out, right? How does SHERDOG have a boner over this guide when hardly anyone posts in this forum? You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

You're assuming I've never trained a day in my life
I know for a fact that you haven't trained in a real gym (you can tell by the way you post, every thread you post in is the same). You overthinking the simplest of questions, are extremely argumentative for literally no reason, and have a holier than thou/know it all attitude (my guess is your a TMA who thinks your proven)

I don't get "main sponsors" what do they sponsor your one loss ?

Also lol at calling it "Bible" I mean you are 0-1

Fight bible means highest holly book in fighting which can't be written by somone who lost by finish 5 out of 5 times vs relative low teir competition and is a coach to no high teir fighters

I guess you hate to hear and realize you can't comprehend fighting watching it as much as I do from my sparring and training

I know you spend your sports life on sherdog - try walking into a gym offering advice claiming online credentials. Try doing bjj kickboxing and see for yourself if you know it

We need DANTHEWOLFMAN to write the REAL fighter's bible!

Hey dude,

Just wondering how you went on your fight?
PM if you don't wanna share.

Hey dude,

Just wondering how you went on your fight?
PM if you don't wanna share.
Sorry real late on the reply (forgot we have this sub forum) PM sent

Last edited:
Back