THE FLASH TV Series 4.0 (Season 4 Discussion)

Ralph continues to be the best part of this season.

It was cool seeing Goldberg on the show.

Not sure if I can keep watching after this most recent episode.

That was a Rick James-level slap in the face.

The way the Flash is getting out of his prison sentence is comical.

This perfect impersonation thing is going to be terrible to write for. Nearly as many opportunities for PIS as super-speed.

The way the Flash is getting out of his prison sentence is comical.
That was the slap in the face.

This is literally some of the worst writing in the HISTORY of television. I've always given this show more leash because it nails the nuclear family vibe (that used to be so common in the 80's and 90's) so perfectly, but I don't know how they expect me to forgive this sort of writing.

Held me longer than any other comic television series so far, so bravo, but this is where I get off.

My standard PIS complaints, yada yada. Love the lighter and fun moments, yada yada.

One thing that kinda bummed me out was the death of Becky Sharpe by Bell Biv DeVoe. I was starting to really like her redeemed character.

i gave up on this show the only episode i watched was the crossover. legends of tomorrow has become the better show at least for me so happy its back Monday.

Between you, Loiosh, and the other poster who mentioned it, one of the TV viewers who I respect, I forget who right now, you definitely have me piqued.

And right now my TV schedule is so dry I'm hungry again: on the hunt. Nothing coming up, either, but Rebels, and nothing new out that intrigues me, but that Altered Carbon. Only a few major acclaimed series in the backlog I need to work through/complete, too (ex. Black Mirror).

I gotta figure out where I dropped off. I think I kept my TV Time up to date for that show.

My standard PIS complaints, yada yada. Love the lighter and fun moments, yada yada.

One thing that kinda bummed me out was the death of Becky Sharpe by Bell Biv DeVoe. I was starting to really like her redeemed character.

Yeah, poor Sugar. My guess is Barry and the team will force Stinker out of all the bodies that he's taken over, in the end. It won't be murder since he killed himself. Speaking of which, wouldn't the police exhume his body and find that it's still there and very much dead? And is Ralph going to pretend to be him full time? Start teaching classes at the university and whatnot?

Becky (Sugar) has nudes btw if anyone is interested. And this:

Yeah, poor Sugar. My guess is Barry and the team will force Stinker out of all the bodies that he's taken over, in the end. It won't be murder since he killed himself. Speaking of which, wouldn't the police exhume his body and find that it's still there and very much dead? And is Ralph going to pretend to be him full time? Start teaching classes at the university and whatnot?

Becky (Sugar) has nudes btw if anyone is interested. And this:

Just looked it up and the merkin she's got in some of those pictures is hilariously absurd.

Yeah, poor Sugar. My guess is Barry and the team will force Stinker out of all the bodies that he's taken over, in the end. It won't be murder since he killed himself.
I think DeVoe can only take over one body at a time. All the other superpowered inmates are dead but Devoe still has all their powers.

Speaking of which, wouldn't the police exhume his body and find that it's still there and very much dead? And is Ralph going to pretend to be him full time? Start teaching classes at the university and whatnot?
Yep. The show is full of plot holes. But if I have to rescue the facade, I would think that Ralph stole the professor's body and dispose of it. They can come up with a cockamamie story that Ralph-as-Clifford wasn't truly dead and was just in some sort of death-like sleep. Or that the corpse was fake.

I think DeVoe can only take over one body at a time. All the other superpowered inmates are dead but Devoe still has all their powers.

I'm honestly a bit confused as to what exactly happened there.
I thought that the bodies went with him when he teleported away at the end indicating that he still needs them alive in order to use their powers. If he is able to just straight jack peoples' powers they better have a damn good reason why he didn't just drain Barry.

You're definitely right that he can only inhabit one body at a time, but I'm not sure if the other metas were killed.

Yep. The show is full of plot holes. But if I have to rescue the facade, I would think that Ralph stole the professor's body and dispose of it. They can come up with a cockamamie story that Ralph-as-Clifford wasn't truly dead and was just in some sort of death-like sleep. Or that the corpse was fake.

Yeah, I guess Ralph dug him up and Cisco probably just pushed his corpse through a breach and then ran like hell. Ralph should've gone full troll and got a bit of action off DeVoe's wife in court though. Not like she can say no and keep up appearances.

Ralph should've gone full troll and got a bit of action off DeVoe's wife in court though. Not like she can say no and keep up appearances.
That would have been good.

The whole body switch thing isn't working for me.

Last week's episode, "Enter Flashtime," was really good. It was a great standalone story about Flash trying to save everyone from a nuclear bomb. Aside from the standard PIS (like Barry calling out the bad guys first rather than disarming/incapacitating them), there was no glaring plot holes. They even tried to give a reason why Flash just can't carry the nuclear device out of the city (it wasn't totally believable but at least they tried).

xN6mK2g.jpg

Similar to Quicksilver's point of view in the X-Men movies, flashtime (where everyone is frozen and Flash just moves normal at normal speed) got me thinking. Yeah we all think having super speed is glamorous but if we look at it in a different way, it's also very tiring and tedious. While everyone around you is frozen because you are now in super speed, you are moving at a normal speed from your point of view. Now imagine having to run at normal speed from one city to another, that would take you hours.

giphy.gif

Back