The folly UFC throwing its weight behind mm as a star

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/ufc-21...e-makes-it-tough-to-argue-against-goat-status

LOL I can do the same shit, opinions change like the wind blows. Everyone was clamoring for Jones after he knocked DCs head clean off and then he tested dirty and now he sucks..If that's the case the Anderson Silva sucks, Wands accomplishments are for not, Ubereem is a piece etc etc. TBH most of the MMA world is on some kind of shit to gain an advantage. From roids to killing themselves to make weight so they can sandbag against much smaller competition. This is the game.

Jones is the greatest to ever do it, not the smartest LMFAO but he is the greatest bar none.

And lol, I just noticed you completely misrepresented these Tweets. Siyar says 'the King is back'. That could easily mean the king of the LHW division, which would be accurate. Ian McCall does not say Jon Jones is the #1 P4P or the GOAT (at least not in that Tweet). He said that we're witnessing greatness when we watch Jon Jones fight. That does not mean he thinks Jon is the greatest there is, though. That leaves you Dan Hardy, Lando, and James Vick. The Cormier video doesn't count. He obviously no longer feels that way.

Last edited:
Haha, you ignorant know-nothing. I list Tyron Woodley, Stipe, Daniel Cormier, Carlos Condit, Will Brooks, Brian Stann, etc., and you give me mostly guys like Lando, James Vick, and Siyar. Show yourself out.

LOL all those same guys had tweeted that Jones was the GOAT you asshat until he tested positive. DC himself says Jones is the GOAT in the video I linked. If you want to stand behind unable to compete because of roids ok I get it but doesn't change what happened in the past and what everyone's said in the past. Only reason shit has changed was because of a positive test which again basically discredits pretty much everyone that has ever fought as a professional. Again Jones just isn't smart enough to not get caught and that goes for anything in his life. You can hate him all you want but he's the best to ever do it period. MM's list of opponents are clearly inferior when compared to the murderers row that Jones has not only beaten but made look foolish along the way. When your boy ducked TJ for a nobody that pretty much said it all. Typical wants something for nothing..

So... you hate MM, we get it.

He's 10-0 in his last 10 fights with 7 finishes, and his most recent will be a candidate for submission of the year, but he bores you?

- "The biggest reason that I think it's foolish that mm is being promoted is because of what bellator is doing: fighters like Rory, mitrione, gegard, fedor, Larkin, fucking Aaron pico, all have enough value to have been offered Money to make a living in another org. The same is true of Ben askren with Onefc."

This makes zero sense... absolutely none. It's foolish for the UFC to promote MM because Bellator made offers to other fighters in other weight classes that they couldn't refuse? There is zero correlation between what Bellator offers other fighters and the UFC marketing MM... one thing has nothing to do with the other. Beyond that, Askren went to OneFC because the UFC refused to sign him and Askren likes padding his record with cans... again, that has nothing to do with the UFC marketing MM as a star.

Fighters are leaving the UFC. Some of their own free will and accord, and others because the UFC is making poor decisions regarding their talent. The UFC is giving fighters more and more reason to leave... not to stay.

To be honest, I don't even know what point you were trying to make. Are you advocating the UFC not promote MM and cut him because he can't go anywhere else? That they shouldn't put money into marketing him because Bellator won't sign him?

Given the choice between watching MM and the other male flyweights, or women's MMA in general, I'll happily watch MM all day long. Blaming MM for the UFC's poor marketing and matchmaking is stupid at best.

That was an especially thorough and well reasoned reply. I hope it gets through to the guy.

LOL all those same guys had tweeted that Jones was the GOAT you asshat until he tested positive. DC himself says Jones is the GOAT in the video I linked. If you want to stand behind unable to compete because of roids ok I get it but doesn't change what happened in the past and what everyone's said in the past. Only reason shit has changed was because of a positive test which again basically discredits pretty much everyone that has ever fought as a professional. Again Jones just isn't smart enough to not get caught and that goes for anything in his life. You can hate him all you want but he's the best to ever do it period. MM's list of opponents are clearly inferior when compared to the murderers row that Jones has not only beaten but made look foolish along the way. When your boy ducked TJ for a nobody that pretty much said it all. Typical wants something for nothing..

Cry more. They realized that Jon Jones was a chemically enhanced fraud and decided to reevaluate their opinion. They're entitled to do that.

I felt like they promoted the shit out of him about 3-4 yrs ago. Dana and Rogan drooling over him every chance they got on a microphone. Had him main event fox cards. Watching guys that small fight isn't interesting to the average person

DJ will always be irelavent unless he finally decides to ditch the kiddy pool known as FLW and moves up to BW.

Since he was over ten BW fights, then by your own logic he is already relevant

<Moves>

Cry more. They realized that Jon Jones was a chemically enhanced fraud and decided to reevaluate their opinion. They're entitled to do that.

Correct they are, doesn't change the fact his resume still exemplifies his greatness just like Silvas (both) and every other fighter that has graced the cage. Jones gets less of a break and deservedly so because of his history as a complete dumbass outside the octagon and because of how bad he's made most of these guys look inside the octagon. I give zero fucks about what these guys do outside the octagon though because I pay to be entertained not to know them personally. You can take all the roids you want, doesn't give you talent just helps you recover that much faster. Bonds is arguably one of the greatest hitters to ever live and roids did not make his hand eye coordination better, make him able to key in on what pitchers were throwing him so he wouldn't swing at bad pitches, his pure god given talent did that. Think what you want but Jones is the GOAT period

Correct they are, doesn't change the fact his resume still exemplifies his greatness just like Silvas (both) and every other fighter that has graced the cage. Jones gets less of a break and deservedly so because of his history as a complete dumbass outside the octagon and because of how bad he's made most of these guys look inside the octagon. I give zero fucks about what these guys do outside the octagon though because I pay to be entertained not to know them personally. You can take all the roids you want, doesn't give you talent just helps you recover that much faster. Bonds is arguably one of the greatest hitters to ever live and roids did not make his hand eye coordination better, make him able to key in on what pitchers were throwing him so he wouldn't swing at bad pitches, his pure god given talent did that. Think what you want but Jones is the GOAT period

More nonsense. 'roids did not make his hand eye...' Then he shouldn't have been taking them. Whatever it did for him, it was significant enough to risk his entire career. Steroids do more than just help with recovery time. They actually increase your ceiling for muscle growth and help the muscles grow at a much faster rate than they ordinarily would. It's debatable how much brute strength matters in a sport like baseball (Bonds didn't turn into 'The Hulk' for no reason). There's no debate about that in MMA.

Last edited:
I stopped reading when you claimed he is boring.

It seems you are just too fucking stupid and biased.

Not worth the time to explain.

His ppv buy rates and his ratings prove he is boring. Don't get hung up on emotion or my words-start looking at statistics as well as every moment of mm fights up until the finish. He's boring. Stop sucking up to UFC

His ppv buy rates and his ratings prove he is boring. Don't get hung up on emotion or my words-start looking at statistics as well as every moment of mm fights up until the finish. He's boring. Stop sucking up to UFC

You have a knack for illogical arguments. Anderson Silva had low buyrates up until he met Chael Sonnen. Does that mean Anderson Silva was boring? Shogun and Dan Henderson only managed a meager 290k buys for their event together. Are they boring?

Last edited:
You have a knack for illogical arguments. Anderson Silva had low buyrates up until he met Chael Sonnen. Does that mean Anderson Silva was boring? Shogun and Dan Henderson together could only manage 290k buys. Are they boring?

Shogun Dan Henderson is the hagler hearns of mma. It needs no explanation and is beyond judgement. It is exciting every moment.

Mm = no one cares. Sorry bro. It's that simple. My opinion is moot; mm does not grow the sport and is not considered entertaining or spectacular by the paying fan.

Why are you sucking up to mm and he UFC. Let it go. No one cares about mm. You don't have to shill for the hype machine.

I think a lot of people think that if the UFC promotes any fighter that it will result in that fighter being way more popular and selling a lot more PPVs. That is just not how it works. A big part of MM's inability to generate interest is because people are not interested in fights that are very safe and predictable.

Shogun Dan Henderson is the hagler hearns of mma. It needs no explanation and is beyond judgement. It is exciting every moment.

Mm = no one cares. Sorry bro. It's that simple. My opinion is moot; mm does not grow the sport and is not considered entertaining or spectacular by the paying fan.

Why are you sucking up to mm and he UFC. Let it go. No one cares about mm. You don't have to shill for the hype machine.

You just said that MM's PPV buyrates/ratings prove he's boring. Again: Shogun vs Henderson only did 290k. That's a very low buyrate incase you didn't know. They even had fan favorites Wanderlei Silva and Uriah Faber fighting on the undercard and it still tanked. The 'Hagler/Hearns' of MMA did just 85,000 more buys than Mighty Mouse did at UFC 178. If there's a correlation between the buyrate and how exciting a particular fighter is, then that PPV should've done at least 500k. Most of the PPV's this year have had underwhelming numbers. I guess the entire sport just isn't very exciting.

Last edited:
Anything can happen. Who in the world could have predicted that a Chubby 135 woman fighter would become one of the biggest ppv draws of all time.

You just said that MM's PPV buyrates/ratings prove he's boring. Again: Shogun vs Henderson only did 290k. That's a very low buyrate incase you didn't know. They even had fan favorites Wanderlei Silva and Uriah Faber fighting on the undercard and it still tanked. The 'Hagler/Hearns' of MMA did just 85,000 more buys than Mighty Mouse did at UFC 178. If there's a correlation between the buyrate and how exciting a particular fighter is, then that PPV should've done at least 500k. Most of the PPV's this year have had underwhelming numbers. I guess the entire sport just isn't very exciting.

Look, I know you wish mm would create the same buzz, sense of awe and fear that fedor, Anderson generate.

I know you wish mm had the marquee factor that gsp and the klitsko bro's, but he doesn't.

I know you wish mm had the attitude, guts, second- by-second excitement factor that the Diaz bros, but he dosent

It's sad that you are trying to immortalize him- lol good luck w that

Mm won't be remembered like Dan Henderson, Edgar, Faber, gegard, etc. by even the hardcore fans.

Shills, UFC yes-men, mm, and Matt Hume and you might be the only ones regurgitating the narrative.

But it's ok bro. You don't have to.
So, don't.

90% of the MMA world had the good sense to not get caught after coming off a suspension.

Read my other posts, I have never come to Jones defense when it comes to having a brain lol

They definitely have NOT marketed DJ worth a shit.

He has the most complete skill-set of any MMA fighter today, regardless of the 'manlet' hate he gets here.

He's also cool as fuck. Which may be the issue.

Loud-mouth Douches seem to get the most fans nowadays. That said, they could market the heck out of him with fight high-lights alone, if they wanted to.
Relax, eithern hes brand new or just
New. Give yourself some credit. Don't respond to a fool eradicating logic like this.

Look, I know you wish mm would create the same buzz, sense of awe and fear that fedor, Anderson generate.

I know you wish mm had the marquee factor that gsp and the klitsko bro's, but he doesn't.

I know you wish mm had the attitude, guts, second- by-second excitement factor that the Diaz bros, but he dosent

It's sad that you are trying to immortalize him- lol good luck w that

Mm won't be remembered like Dan Henderson, Edgar, Faber, gegard, etc. by even the hardcore fans.

Shills, UFC yes-men, mm, and Matt Hume and you might be the only ones regurgitating the narrative.

But it's ok bro. You don't have to.
So, don't.
May have to look into because goofs like you are concerned with but naw..

Back