THE GIFTED on Fox (Cancelled After Season 2)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: July 12, 2016

New X-MEN TV Series from Matt Nix Gets Pilot Commitment at Fox

11s06l3.jpg

Fox is looking for a new way into the X-Men universe. The network on Tuesday announced that it has handed out a put-pilot commitment to an untitled Marvel action-adventure series.

The untitled project will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

The series will be a co-production between 20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television. Burn Notice's Matt Nix — who is set as showrunner on the network's upcoming APB drama — will pen the script and executive produce alongside X-Men franchise veterans Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg as well as Marvel's Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.

The news comes less than a year after Fox announced development of the X-Men-themed drama Hellfire.The latter project, which was overseen by Evan Katz and Manny Coto, was scrapped after the duo exited to focus on 24: Legacy, with Patrick McKay and John D. Payne also departing the project in January.

Marvel ‘X-Men’ Series from Matt Nix, Bryan Singer Lands Put Pilot Commitment at Fox

Shit premise, imo (new tv show, not the cartoon).

How many of you guys remember the old Generation X series on Fox? I remember liking it as a kid but it was worse than I remembered when re-watching it many years later. The comic source material was really good though.

How many of you guys remember the old Generation X series on Fox? I remember liking it as a kid but it was worse than I remembered when re-watching it many years later. The comic source material was really good though.
The comic was pretty great, never saw an episode of the show I don't think

Haven't watched it. Wasn't available to me at the time.

Yeah, Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachalo's early run at Generation X was very good.

New 'X-MEN' TV Series Gets Pilot Commitment at Fox

X-Men-Team-071216-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox is looking for a new way into the X-Men universe. The network on Tuesday announced that it has handed out a put-pilot commitment to an untitled Marvel action-adventure series.

The untitled project will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

The series will be a co-production between 20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television. Burn Notice's Matt Nix — who is set as showrunner on the network's upcoming APB drama — will pen the script and executive produce alongside X-Men franchise veterans Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg as well as Marvel's Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.

The news comes less than a year after Fox announced development of the X-Men-themed drama Hellfire.The latter project, which was overseen by Evan Katz and Manny Coto, was scrapped after the duo exited to focus on 24: Legacy, with Patrick McKay and John D. Payne also departing the project in January.

Marvel ‘X-Men’ Series from Matt Nix, Bryan Singer Lands Put Pilot Commitment at Fox
Fypcmlz_zpssstnwxu3.gif

Update: January 11, 2017

X-MEN Spinoff TV Series Nears Pilot Order; Confirmed to Connect with X-MEN Movies

All-New-X-Men-Stuart-Immonen-100614-Dragonlord.jpg

It looks like Fox's X-Men TV series may become a reality in the very near future.

While no official order has been given just yet, Fox chairman Gary Newman said today at the Television Critics Association press tour that they are awaiting a final draft of the script but expect to issue a pilot order with the next two weeks.

“We’re deep into development on that,” Newman said. “We’re expecting a script shortly. The materials we’ve seen so far have been very, very promising.

“Development across the board this year is a little slower than usual, so we’re not, unfortunately, ready to make an announcement about it, but we’re very encouraged.”

The X-Men drama is being developed by Burn Notice creator Matt Nix. The series does not yet have an official title, but casting is already said to be underway.

Fox has not announced any specific mutants appearing in the new X-Men series, but it is said to focus on a mutant family that joins an underground mutant resistance when anti-mutant legislation is passed into law.

When speaking about the new show at TCA, Nix opened up about the relationship between the new show and the series. While Legion - set to air on FX - won't have anything to do with the movies, this new series will.

“Without getting into specifics that I’ll get murdered for, I would say that a fan of the movies — particularly the movies but also the comic books — would not be disoriented as to where this fits in the mythology. If you look at the movies that take place, they don’t all line up perfectly. So it’s not like I’m slavishly fitting myself into a particular slot [but] if you like that world and the world of the movies, there are definite nods to it, it definitely exists in the same general universe.”

Nix said it would be similar to the way Agents Of SHIELD fits in to the MCU, but not exactly the same. He went on to explain how they will address the current characters that exist within the movies.

“Without getting into specifics, it’s sort of designed to side-step questions like ‘Where is Wolverine?’ So you sort of have to answer those questions, and I didn’t want to do anything like ‘Wolverine is just offscreen!’ You know what I mean. So it exists in a world where those questions are answered without needing to name a lot of names or spend time dwelling on that issue. So within that, there are a certain amount of those characters I can use, and I’m using some of those, but others I’m inventing. But everything is invented with a nod towards the existing mythology. When I was pitching the show, I pitched some characters that appear nowhere in the mythology, but the guys from Marvel, when I started describing them, all gave each other knowing nods. It was like ‘Oh I see what he’s doing, yes.’ So I tried to do a lot of that. I didn’t want to get into the realm of too much ‘Yep! New X-Men here we go!’ because with this there’s a little bit of fan service.”

X-Men TV Series Nearing Pilot Order; Confirmed To Connect To X-Men Movies

Let me be the first to say I am
suspicious

The Fox X-Men cartoon was fucking PERFECT. Greatest cartoon next to Exo Squad. They should just keep making more episodes of that, imo.

I don't understand why out of all the awesome possible directions they could go with an X-Men show they would choose this...

The Fox X-Men cartoon was fucking PERFECT. Greatest cartoon next to Exo Squad. They should just keep making more episodes of that, imo.
Fuck yeah it was. That intro music was the tits.

It was sounding promising until the guy lost me at "creating new characters".

If there's anything the X-verse needs, it's not more characters...

fox has done a terrible job with the x-men andbwolverine movies only good thing they ever made was the cartoon.

Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister's voices were epic in the animated series

If you can watch through the first season, X-men Evolution is better than the original.

Back