THE GIFTED on Fox (Cancelled After Season 2)

Cuckoo Sisters are the best thing about the show for me. Love the way the hive mind mannerisms and the way they talk. The special effects they did to make Skyler Samuels a triplet is seamless.

3juLJI2.gif

Update: January 4, 2018

Fox Grants Early Season Two Renewal for X-Men Drama Series THE GIFTED

0CdsN3u.png

Fox is staying the course with The Gifted. The network has handed out an early season two renewal for the short-order drama, picking up the X-Men series for the 2018-19 broadcast season. The 13-episode drama from Marvel Television and Matt Nix will wrap its run Jan. 15 with a two-hour finale and, like Seth MacFarlane's The Orville,was always considered as a short-order run.

Produced by Marvel and 20th Century Fox Television, The Gifted had been expected to score an early renewal last month, but Fox hit the pause button after Disney's massive $52.4 billion purchase of Rupert Murdoch's TV studio, among others. The pending split between the Fox network (which is not being sold to Disney) and 20th TV does not seem to have impacted the future of the drama starring Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker.

The Gifted ranks as broadcast's No. 3 new drama of the 2017-18 broadcast season, averaging 8.3 million total viewers (with seven days of DVR). As for the future of the network, Fox chiefs Dana Walden and Gary Newman will be on hand Thursday at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour to field questions about their futures once the studio and network are split.

The Gifted, produced by Bryan Singer, Lauren Shuler Donner, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory, joins a 2018-19 slate at Fox that also includes previously renewed series The Simpsons and The Orville.

For Marvel Television, The Gifted is part of a roster that also includes Hulu's The Runaways,FX's Legion, ABC's Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans,plus the Netflix slate that includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, The Punisher, Luke Cage and Defenders.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/gifted-renewed-season-2-at-fox-1071523

Just got caught up on this over the weekend. Amazing show. It always amazed me how anti violence the mutants try to be who are with the x-men. I couldn't do it. I'd be slaughtering people left and right if I had the power to do it.

Just got caught up on this over the weekend. Amazing show. It always amazed me how anti violence the mutants try to be who are with the x-men. I couldn't do it. I'd be slaughtering people left and right if I had the power to do it.
You and @KnightTemplar will get along fine. :)

Season one finale. Ugh, I'm starting to see patterns of repetitiveness in the story. Overall, it's still a pretty good show.

Their plan of kidnapping Dr. Campbell was poorly executed and PIS-ish. They have the Cuckoo Sisters, who could have made the abduction go so much smoother and a whole lot easier, just wait around the car.

But the Strucker kids wonder-twinning is still awesome to look at.

QuGhDBn.gif

cXaBCPK.gif

We're a week behind, so the finale isn't until this Sunday. Glad to see the Hellfire Club make an appearance.

The Cuckoos manage to be smoking hot and creepy as fuck at the same time.

Season one finale. Ugh, I'm starting to see patterns of repetitiveness in the story. Overall, it's still a pretty good show.

Their plan of kidnapping Dr. Campbell was poorly executed and PIS-ish. They have the Cuckoo Sisters, who could have made the abduction go so much smoother and a whole lot easier, just wait around the car.

Yea I didn't enjoy how they purposely left the telepath behind made no sense. Overall I didn't like the finale as much as I was hoping I would.

The ending though was fucking amazing and I loved the change in the magneto girl. Her man's an idiot though leaving his wife and child behind over humans who want him dead or enslaved. I know it wont turn out well but fuck it #goteamhellfire.

Was a good start, this gives more to do in second season beyond just mutants vs government. But I can't see Andy or Polaris staying bad.

Last edited:
I really liked the finale but it was kinda what I expected after they kept mentioning the hellfire club. I knew since episode 1 andy would go bad but it still worked. They basically just re-launched an x-men show with the finale. Good mutants protecting humans from bad mutants. They even have magneto spawn on the bad side. Excited for season two and heres hoping for 30 ft sentinel robots.

Overall, I rate this show a solid 8. Very pleasently surprised they let Polaris go Full Magneto. I expected them to pussy out and Lorna to change her mind at the last minute. Note, however, that Agent Tito's boss says, "We lost a US Senator today". He doesn't mention Dr Campbell, so there's a very small chance he could have survived.

I hope not, since I've never forgiven him for killing Dreamer, RIP(Rack In Peace)

Speaking of racks, nice bit of Fan Service with Blink and Polaris getting changed into their shirts. Whoever wrote that scene: thank you:D

Nice set up for season 2, with the Hellfire Club facing off against the Uncle Xaviers.

#TeamHellfire:)

Last edited:
Yea I didn't enjoy how they purposely left the telepath behind made no sense. Overall I didn't like the finale as much as I was hoping I would.

The ending though was fucking amazing and I loved the change in the magneto girl. Her man's an idiot though leaving his wife and child behind over humans who want him dead or enslaved. I know it wont turn out well but fuck it #goteamhellfire.

my-mutant.jpg

Update: July 22, 2018

The Mutant Age Starts Now in the Comic-Con Trailer for THE GIFTED Season 2

doesn't do enough for me to take in that much drama... but you never know when they will create a new super hero that really connects with the public. Shows like these come & go... but if one of the characters hits & they get another cashcow on their handz then it's all worth it.

In the meantime they can keep churning out these low budget series adventures while barely breaking even in the hopes of that big payday on the horizon.

is that what we're looking at here? For the life of me I can't figure out why they keep churning these out. That's the only thing that makes sense. Maybe I'm wrong & these thingz are making bank for the first season or 2 before they're cancelled. I dunno. Am I missing something here?

@Dragonlordxxxxx @One MMA Fan

Better than fck batman

This season on The Gifted: screaming. A lot of it. I'll check it out, though i wish they would kill the mother off already. She's annoying and just gets in the way.

Season 2 started. Two episodes out so far.

Back