The GOAT of MMA, Demetrious Johnson, on fighting at 135 lbs : "I'm just not interested"

He already broke the record tho.. But he is like the smallest Flyweight, demanding him to fight at 135 is ludicrous..
He was 14-2 at bantam weight. I think ludicrous is a bit of a stretch. Just saying

tenor.gif

To be fair MM is a very small BW.

People always want to say Conor moved up to 155 or Anderson moved up to 205, but when they did neither of them looked as out of place from a size point of view as Demetrious did at 135.

People always want to say Conor moved up to 155 or Anderson moved up to 205, but when they did neither of them looked as out of place from a size point of view as Demetrious did at 135.
this.....he looked way undersized for the division...

I got to think the training would be different for fighting out sized people's . Modern mma is predicated on both being around the same size

edit: this is FAKE NEWS. from last year. delete thread and ban TS

that's really annoying ffs. theres nothign to do at FLW. I want to see him fight cody, TJ and cruz. go there, beat those guys and solidify yourself as GOAT. you're the FLW GOAT, now move up. at least take one fight there now that you have 11 title defenses and what not

I am not interested in any fight at 125 he has, unless I need help falling asleep.
oh c'mon, the guy is exciting. but his reluctance in moving up is really annoying to me

Other GOAT candidate, Georges, moves up to 135 right now, pretty much after his career had ended.

Most champs haven't moved to higher division ever.

Anderson has one impressive trip to LHW against Griffin.

So, it's all not exactly common.

Dunno why people demand it from Johnson, lol.

Though it would be great, no doubt.

Anderson went up twice. The reason people want MM to go up is because he has no challenges at 125.

To be fair MM is a very small BW. It's reminds me if when ppl asked GSP to move up. GSP was a smallish WW let alone MW. I know y'all want to see him lose but cody/tj gonna have to come down for it to happen.
Tj offered too come down

Mighty Duck, GOAT in the 125, amazing skills, even fun to watch sometimes, but thats it...
You forgot p4p goat

I think he should put a few more defenses up first. Make that record even harder to break before going up.

oh c'mon, the guy is exciting. but his reluctance in moving up is really annoying to me
He is a great fighter. I have never once denied it. I am also being 100% honest that I fell asleep during MM vs Borg.

I honestly don't believe his competition is near his level and it's not because I think he is otherworldly. It is because I truly believe his competition just is not that great.

I really have no interest in seeing him really fight anyone in his division at this point. I feel like Benavidez was the best fighter he's fought and the only person near his speed and skill to give him trouble.

Maybe Cejudo at this point can have some success but after that, I have 0 desire to see him fight another FLW.

I am not interested in any fight at 125 he has, unless I need help falling asleep.

Oh, you mean like it is boring?
The fights of a dominant champion with superb skills, well rounded game and a high finishing rate are too boring for you?
You are either a universal level badass, beating aliens alongside Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee OR you're just full of shit.

Anderson went up twice. The reason people want MM to go up is because he has no challenges at 125.

*3x for Anderson. Jones was willing to for Brock. It's just something dominant champs do.

It's reminds me if when ppl asked GSP to move up. GSP was a smallish WW let alone MW.
he was not a ‘smallish’ WW.
gsp-shields-staredown.png

c3946d12fcc58a6eda5d52ef9b57aa55.jpg

Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks-UFC-167w_9350.jpg

Not the biggest but at the top end of the division.
Keep hearing this myth that he was a small ww.

Full disclosure: I didn’t think he should of gone up to face silva(would of like to of seen it tho) he had every right to stay in his natural weight class.

He already broke the record tho.. But he is like the smallest Flyweight, demanding him to fight at 135 is ludicrous..
MM is the #1 p4p fighter. That is not ridiculous but he just knows that in real life he is not beating any the top 3 BWs.

Oh, you mean like it is boring?
The fights of a dominant champion with superb skills, well rounded game and a high finishing rate are too boring for you?
You are either a universal level badass, beating aliens alongside Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee OR you're just full of shit.
Stop whining you big baby. Accept that people have different taste than you. You have to actually be some fucked up individual to think everyone should like what you like.

Newsflash: Your opinion is no more relevant than mine. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you aren't special.

Now go to your safe space.

no_medium.gif

I've witnessed and still remember constant bitching about Lutter, Leites being nobodies against whom Andy still've done poorly against.

And why the hell did he fight Cote, Irvin etc.

GSP strugling with 'bums' like Hardy.

Aldo struggling against Hominick.

Etc.

Division having 'no real competition' is always the result of a dominant run of a champion. Always.

It's certain extremely critical perspective that always occurs when some dude stays undefeated for a long time.

Trust me, I've seen enough Sherdog.[/

Gsp won the hardy fight 50-45
Aldo beat hominick 49-46 losing only the last round because he was tired after dominating and hurting homonick multiple times before the last round
Mm is in a super weak division,there are few good fighters (cejudo,benavidez and some time ago Dodson) but the others guys are totally unknown and honestly not very skilled compared to the others divisions

Show the mouse the cheese he may become more interested.

MM is comfortable at 125 so why should he bulk up and down ? Anyway both TJ and Cody expressed interest in fighting MM so wait for those two to settle and see if they drop, catch weight or MM goes up for some $, which I doubt unless something spectacular elevates Cody or TJ from their fight .

Reading is fundamental. He said impressive. There's nothing impressive about James Irvin and Stephan Bonnar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back