The GOAT of MMA, Demetrious Johnson, on fighting at 135 lbs : "I'm just not interested"

“If somebody goes ‘you should go to 135’, my heart’s just not into it. I’m just not interested right now. If the money’s right, then I would, but I’m just not interested.”

"There was a point in time and I even went up to Matt (Hume) and was like ‘Matt, I think I’m ready to do it, I’m ready to go fight at 135, I want people at the edge of their seats like oh (expletive) the champ’s going to go fight at 135’. But he goes ‘there’s bigger things to do DJ’. He said if you can go out there and beat Anderson Silva’s record, that’s big. That’s what my goal is, and that’s where my heart is right now,” Johnson said.

Source: ScrapDigest

The GOAT of MMA, Ladies and Gentlemen

Old article ya goof.

How do you beat Mighty Manlet? Weigh 135 and up.

How do you think DJ would do with you in a fight, champ?

Oh here we go, the "you're momma" rebuttal of sherdog.

- someone posts they don't like a fighter or a criticism of a fighter

-cue the typical response "derp he'd whoop YOUR ass..."

Can't you think of something original? Fuck sake man.

And for the record Dj would get wrecked by an average sized man who's athletic and not a pussy. The guy is 5'2"

So just because you're either awkwardly unathletic, a pussy, or sucking up, and you would lay down in a fight w a midget, dosent mean other posters would.

There are a lot of tools on sherdog, but there are boxers, cage fighters, football players, people from the hood who have fought their whole life, and combat veterans who post here who could end dj's life.

So stop being a cuck.

he needs to beat the dominator.

and tj.

.....and cody.

Demetrious Johnson: Im not interested in being great

If the moneys right??!?! really?!! how about you fight someone with a name mm??!!!! oh thats right the last time you fought someone with a name you lost!!! so sick of this guy!!

And for the record Dj would get wrecked by an average sized man who's athletic and not a pussy. The guy is 5'2"

So just because you're either awkwardly unathletic, a pussy, or sucking up, and you would lay down in a fight w a midget, dosent mean other posters would.

You see, this is where your woefully idiotic brain shows itself.

Let me spare you the suspense. You, and your 'average sized athletic man' from Sherdog who 'is not a pussy' would get murked.

It's fucking hilarious that you think otherwise.

Some people don't know Mighty is 14-2 as BW.

People always want to say Conor moved up to 155 or Anderson moved up to 205, but when they did neither of them looked as out of place from a size point of view as Demetrious did at 135.

Height is not equal to size. Anderson and Conor are lankier, while demetrious is shorter but thicker for his size.

Height is not equal to size. Anderson and Conor are lankier, while demetrious is shorter but thicker for his size.
DJ is not particularly thick for 125 either though. A few in his division have had height + thickness + reach on him. He's just overall a small dude. Said he could probably make 115 if the division existed.

DJ Elliott.jpg

Last edited:
Back