The Good Doctor official thread.

its absolutely one of the worst shows ive ever seen on network television. i cant watch it and find any of the content serious. its as if they made a serious drama and its centered around ben stillers simple jack.
lol
dh7zsVf.gif

be3.gif

tenor.gif

this show is absolutely terrible. i watched an episode with my father in law and he loved it. i couldnt stop snickering like an asshole. i had to lie and say it was really good so as to not hurt his feelings.

guise?

@Sonny

Does anyone on this board have anything nice to say Freddie is brilliant I know he has a personal relationship with autistic children and they say he's doing an excellent job

Well you aren't giving it a chance if all anyone is going to do but bash a show I thought this was a positive group

Im a pretty big tv/movie buff and I knew right away that the good doctor had potential which is why I made a thread about it.

I like the backstory and how they showed moments of dr murphy with his brother as a child, and how he came under the care of glassman.

I think the real potential lies in the emotional attachment to the characters. The relationship between dr murphy and glassman feels real.

If they can keep building these emotional attachments to the characters I think the show will do well. Not just the main characters but the patients as well. I thought the asain gamer episode and his relationship with dr murphy was interesting.

Not big on claire/jared and the relationship stuff, they should switch directions there.
Thank you for saying something positive

I'm sure it's the highest rated show, but this is Sherdog, home of testosterone filled men. This show's main demographic is probably not the same.

When I was inundated with commercials for this show, my thoughts were, "Not another one of those shows." Let's be honest, this show is for women and sissies. Just my asshole opinion.

I liked it but I also stopped watching it. My son has Aspergers which is probably what the Good Doctor has. I would recommend Atypical as a better series to understand high functioning autism. Also, the movie Temple Grandin is a great movie about autism.

Btw, it doesn’t matter if “your friend” says 5heir kid does or doesn’t act like a portrayal of an autistic person...while they may have similar traits and behaviors they are unique individuals just like everyone else

Freddie did a lot of research for this role and someone said they wouldn't hire someone with autism well I found out they would as long as they have the credentials and funny it has funny parts but it's about saving patients how is that funny also Freddie is such a versatile actor going from Norman Bates to Shaun Murphy 3 days after Bates ended

I liked it but I also stopped watching it. My son has Aspergers which is probably what the Good Doctor has. I would recommend Atypical as a better series to understand high functioning autism. Also, the movie Temple Grandin is a great movie about autism.

Btw, it doesn’t matter if “your friend” says 5heir kid does or doesn’t act like a portrayal of an autistic person...while they may have similar traits and behaviors they are unique individuals just like everyone else
Another great movie you should check out is please stand by it stars Dakota Fanning she's brilliant in it

If this show is so spectacular....why was the first thread about it made by me 5 months after its debut?

its not good.

Okay, seriously this show is jumping the shark.

I enjoyed it a lot, but season 4 is beating us over the brow with the wokeness, and I generally never use that phrase or care about any of that.

*SPOILERS*

Season 4 begins with a few episodes that are a nod to the current pandemic, they were good and tasteful episodes.

Then we get new residents. They are trying their damndest to hit the diversity bingo. 2 black girls, one of which constantly undermines her boss and is insubordinate :rolleyes: and a gay, Jewish, atheist, guy who is so feminine he seems like a woman in drag. There is also a tall, cocky, white guy. You know his character, the same generic, rich, prep-school types that play rapists in movies like Joker and The Equalizer. Since he is obviously a cishet, white, male, everytime he opens his mouth the girls scream at him about "mansplaining" and he is not selected that episode, he is more like the butt of the joke.

Episode 5 (the last one I watched and barely made it through) involved a case of a woman coming into the hospital with a guy she's known for 8 days. Turns out she needs emergency brain surgery due to a dermoid cyst and her husband must be called in to make the life-changing decision. He finds out she was whoring around on him and is angry.

The show reinforces the "male cheater bad/ female cheater good" stereotype that is all too prevalent in Hollywood. The doctors convince him to get back with her, the husband decides to be a good cuck, and takes her back. Now, the reason I add that to part of the "woke" list is because there was an episode a few seasons back where a guy was cheating (with Dr. Claire Brown) and the show treated him like the scumbag he was. This is actually the second storyline in the show of an unfaithful wife being forgiven by the cuck husband.

What's going on? The writing is getting weak and pandering.

Last edited:
Back