The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is now 3 times the size of France

Yup. Seattle, San Fran, Detroit, LA etc etc.

Liberal SHIT HOLES and they look like it too.
So you think Seattle , Los Angeles and San Fran are shitholes?
I mean there certainly are areas that are crappy, but neither city as a whole can be called a shithole by a reasonable person. For being "shitholes" their home prices are very high.
Another liberal bastion is Portland, Or - and that ain't a shithole either.

I mean there certainly are areas that are crappy, but neither city as a whole can be called a shithole by a reasonable person. For being "shitholes" their home prices are very high.
Location location location. Imagine if they had been run properly and not run so shitt-ill-y? The prices are overblown due to overpopulation and great weather (location).

Good to know...next time I'll leave my shit laying around too since it doesn't matter. Thanks Tonni
That's not what I meant, at all, of course it matters. But you have to realize it doesn't magically disappear into the void. At the end, garbage is the problem, not littering.

How much time have you spent with "right wing dolts"? In the bush, camping, off roading or hunting? Pack it in, pack it out is a fundamental rule and one that gets enforced. No matter political views.

Yeah, republicans are focused on business, and unfortunately big money doesn't gaf about the environment. The two aren't exactly the same.
I come from a family of Algonquin Park guides and trappers, and I agree that some of the most environmentally conscious people are conservative leaning wilderness lovers. However, I also find their love a little...short-sighted? As long as the forest was still there, they were happy. As long as it's cold one week of the winter, they think the climate is fine. By the time you actually start seeing the effects of pollution, it's usually too late. I already don't trust fish from a lot of lakes around here, and it's actually one of the more pristine areas in Ontario. I really hate how the climate change debate has taken the focus off local level pollution. I know it's a pressing issue, but skeptics seem fine dismantling the EPA and other regulations just because they don't believe in climate change, where as water,air, and soil pollution is a current and objective problem.

Many of the Condo buildings in Miami do not have recycling. It is disgusting and depressing.

I collect my bottles and cans in one bin, and my plastic bags in another. I have to drive that shit 15 minutes to give it to some place that will take it for free. Fucking hell.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/23/first...aner-will-tackle-great-pacific-garbage-patch/

The first-ever machine to clean up the planet’s largest chunk of ocean plastic is due to set sail.

It’s heading to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, halfway between California and Hawaii, where it will commence collecting the 1.8 trillion pieces of plastic rubbish amassed there by ocean currents.

The system uses a combination of huge floating nets (dubbed “screens”) held in place by giant tubes, ironically made out of plastic, to suck stubborn waste out of the water.

It will then transfer this debris to large ships that will take it to shore for recycling.

The US takes responsibility steps in all the time over things nowhere near her borders. I'm sure we'll get it sorted out soon enough. Maybe Kevin Costner can get some coalition of billionaires to sort it out if the government is too busy causing destruction spreading freedom elsewhere.

That is true. Some big organization could help to. And get some of those people in Hollywood to mention it. I am sure you could cut that garbage size down by 1/4 within what 5 years? Or 10? Maybe more cut down in that time?

That is true. Some big organization could help to. And get some of those people in Hollywood to mention it. I am sure you could cut that garbage size down by 1/4 within what 5 years? Or 10? Maybe more cut down in that time?

What's Greenpeace up to these days?

I thought somebody was converting a large ship to pick up debris, screen them, shred them and burn them for fuel to support the cleanup over 10 years ago.

Dropping rope and nets into the ocean to try to get it caught in the propellers of whaling ships.

So they're actually adding to the problem.

PIkprkZ.gif

I really wonder how much some of this is shit that washed out to sea during those tsunamis that his SE Asia and Japan

there are several areas of downtown Seattle which are literal $hit holes.

I walk through them every day for work.

the homeless situation has gotten completely out of hand with no remedy in sight.

My state (or county) banned the plastic grocery bags. Don't miss 'em. I think drinking straws are attracting attention too.

My daughter convinced me to stop using drinking disposable straws about a year ago (I'm happily wrapped around her finger.) Turns out I don't miss them. She got me a couple of stainless ones that I keep in my work truck and just wash along with my lunch stuff.

Also, a fair number of bars have stopped giving out those plastic stirrers and instead have little bamboo ones.

My daughter convinced me to stop using drinking disposable straws about a year ago (I'm happily wrapped around her finger.) Turns out I don't miss them. She got me a couple of stainless ones that I keep in my work truck and just wash along with my lunch stuff.

Also, a fair number of bars have stopped giving out those plastic stirrers and instead have little bamboo ones.

Smart girl you're raising.

I'm old enough to remember when straws and swizzle sticks were made of paper as were most drink cups and covers.

I'd be fine with biodegradable coated paper straws, but I ain't carrying around a reusable one.

Then again 99% of my liquid intake is water, coffee or beer/wine - so no straws anyways.

I'm a bastard using Keurig cups right now though - make those in biodegradable cups and I'll buy them.

Back