The greatest frontman of a band ever ?

Mike Patton fronting Faith No More is fucking crazy. Plus his voice is amazing.

Jerry Garcia the Fedor of the music world.
Didn't know Fedor was a junkie who ruined people's lives by encouraging them to forgo their future and follow him around the country in a borderline cult-like fashion.

Didn't know Fedor was a junkie who ruined people's lives by encouraging them to forgo their future and follow him around the country in a borderline cult-like fashion.
Source?

Jerry never encouraged anybody to do any such thing.

Jerry never encouraged anybody to do any such thing.
Well he certainly didn't discourage his core audience from spending all their money on dope and concert tickets.

1:40 It's almost like a religious experience.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

7HqU.gif

He wasn't. He was an exceptionally gifted human being who inspired others through humility and being a servant of something greater than himself. Kind of like Fedor.

The Grateful Dead we're way more than a mellow folky americana jam band. The music they played and the integrity and dignity with which they did it lives on in the entirely new genre of music they created.

I had a number of spiritual awakenings as a result of their deeply inspiring form or art and to this day my life is blessed and informed by this important American band.

I had a number of spiritual awakenings as a result of their deeply inspiring form or art and to this day my life is blessed and informed by this important American band.
This is exactly what I was talking about. The level of delusion of Deadheads matches no other fanbase outside of bona fide cult.

This is exactly what I was talking about. The level of delusion of Deadheads matches no other fanbase outside of bona fide cult.

Is it delusion that people have that experience at Dead shows? I thought it was just me when in high school but then I fell in with a group of men and women who went to a few shows a year and found them to be.wonderful delightful positive people who confirmed for me that the Dead indeed were able to create a very positive mind expanding experience for many.

There is no need to hate on that and it's just fine if you don't like the band man.

There is no need to hate on that and it's just fine if you don't like the band man.
I love the band. I think they were great musicians.

I also think they (at least tacitly) encouraged a culture of irresponsibility and drug abuse. Sounds like you went to a few shows and had a good time, that's cool. There were however people who went on tour for months and became strung out.

And the notion of achieving higher states of consciousness off of drugs is the delusional part. You can call the experience a social lubricant and say it encouraged conversation, but saying you've achieved some form of enlightenment off of being wasted is slightly more than a little bit nuts. No offense.

#PeaceAndLove

I have mixed feelings about your take on all of this. I personally don't use any drugs and have no space in my life for them. On the other hand the research on LSD that is coming out as of late is pretty impressive and there is no doubt that it can and does change people's lives for the better....

Granting you all the negativity you have expressed about the Dead-- I can still say that their music and the approach they took to music-- the way they saw their roles as servants of the music and of something greater is astounding.

Like I said man-- I had more than one radical spiritual awakening at shows and while listening to their music. It change and informed my whole life for the better. I'm not the only one.

Like I said man-- I had more than one radical spiritual awakening at shows and while listening to their music. It change and informed my whole life for the better. I'm not the only one.
How so? It's a bold claim that you had a "radical spiritual awakening". Care to elaborate?

How so? It's a bold claim that you had a "radical spiritual awakening". Care to elaborate?
There are others but this is the one I mentioned.

I was at a show when I suddenly realized I had been feeling some kind of mystic wind blowing through me from the band. I looked around to see if others were feeling the same thing and I saw a grandmother , mother , and daughter holding hands swaying to the music. Their countenance was glowing. I looked over my other shoulder and there was an old man with white hair weeping with gratitude.

I took a deep breath and overwhelmingly had the sensation of every person in the stadium entering into my body. I could feel their essence and minds in me. When I exhaled I felt myself expand and enter everyone there. Back and forth this when for twenty minutes. I would now describe this as experiencing a cosmic wind blow me into an experience of cosmic love for all of humanity.

Some piece of that stuck forever and got my attention sufficient to cause me to enter into a spiritual path.

I had ingested no mind altering drugs.

I later found out that this type of thing in various degrees of intensity happened/happens to many people at Dead shows. The band is known for bringing the good vibes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Martin?
How about Nick Cave?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back