The greatest frontman of a band ever ?

Kesey, maybe.
Nah. Thats just it. Jerry never encouraged anyone to do anything. Other than, you know, just be themselves. And even that wasn't some direct message to followers of the band. He wasn't that guy.

Nah. Thats just it. Jerry never encouraged anyone to do anything. Other than, you know, just be themselves. And even that wasn't some direct message to followers of the band. He wasn't that guy.

That's right. Jerry basically spent most of his life running from how people saw him as the leader of the Dead. That's why he seemed to have more fun in the Jerry Garcia band. Less pressure and less expectation. Some of Jerry's best music came from the JGB IMO.

Well he certainly didn't discourage his core audience from spending all their money on dope and concert tickets.

1:40 It's almost like a religious experience.

I'm still missing the part where you said Jerry encouraged this.
That's right. Jerry basically spent most of his life running from how people saw him as the leader of the Dead. That's why he seemed to have more fun in the Jerry Garcia band. Less pressure and less expectation. Some of Jerry's best music came from the JGB IMO.
I agree. I think he really enjoyed playing in JGB. And I know he had a long relationship with David Gisman. They even put out a kids album at one point. Jerry just loved to play.

Jdjdm1

Ian Curtis

I would also like to add Till Lindemann from Rammstein. Even if you took away all the crazy fire and theatrics, he has great vocal range, and manages to captivate the listener, even if you don't know a single word of German.

To put it best, I introduced a guy I worked with to their music years ago. The next day when I saw him again, he said "Man, hearing that guys voice fires me up, and makes me want to liberate a small country single handedly.".

From concerts I've been to.
Dio
Bruce Dickinson
Lemmy
Joey Ramone
Brian Johnson

It has to be Axl. Or Freddie.

I saw Bruce Springsteen in 06 and he was pretty good as well.

...I’m continually surprised that Axl is held in such high esteem by so many.

I like that the author was even Robert Smith who said he will give up being a vegan if Moz tells him not to showing how much he hates him
I saw The Smiths live when I was in high school.

I saw The Smiths live when I was in high school.
Still got your ticket stubs? Only saw Moz here unfortunately not the Smiths) back in 91 and 92 at the Great Western forum and Hollywood bowl. David Bowie appeared as a guest duet and sang one song with him His opening act in 92 Gallon Drunk got booed badly here in Los Angeles that . I googled them recently and they seemed to have gotten the same reaction back in other cities

Last edited:
Still got your ticket stubs? Only saw Moz here unfortunately not the Smiths) back in 91 and 92 at the Great Western forum and Hollywood bowl. David Bowie appeared as a guest duet and sang one song with him His opening act in 92 Gallon Drunk got booed badly here in Los Angeles that . I googled them recently and they seemed to have gotten the same reaction back in other cities
Unfortunately, I don’t have any of my early ticket stubs, which sucks.
I saw them at a now defunct venue at an amusement park. The sound was shite, couldn’t hear anything because of the girls freaking out and it was pissing rain. It wasn’t a pleasant time.

Freddie Mercury...and it isn't even close.

Back